How is the serverwide market for the Deathfist Pawn illusion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, May 23, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Two sellers on my server with the Deathfist Pawn illusion want 20-25 Krono. They claim that it could be the going server-wide price. I know some illusions go for 10 Krono on high population servers like Xegony but, for most Live servers, heritage crate illusions stay within the 3-6 Krono range. I am thinking people are testing the markets (keeping the illusion), a bit of hype, lessons learned from Ice Giant illusion (strong demand), and RL money issues due to the pandemic.

Any observations of the price on your server?
  2. enclee Augur

Ugh that makes me sad, stuff like this gets locked behind loot crates. Great news for people selling things for real money though.
    Benito likes this.
  3. Monkman Augur

It’s an illusion with 0 player power and unable to use mounts, 25 Krono is insane and sounds like a newb who thinks they just struck gold.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I would never be paying anything close to that for an illusion. Well I would never pay krono for an illusion period but I hear there is one born every minute.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Wait a month and you'll find one for 1 or 2 Krono. Those sellers will be kicking themselves in the butt if passing up on anything over 5 Krono right now.
  6. Sindace Elder

First one i saw on FV was having trouble moving at 15m (5 kronos). It's not an ice giant ffs. 20-25kr is epic gouging. Serverwide prices aren't a thing, either. Why would someone pay a transfer for an item that's worth less than it costs to transfer?
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea someone on fv was looking for 10m was hoping for a better looking illusion pale against the ice giant illusion which run 20m+ which is actually what I sold when it was new. hoping the mount looks cooler. haha 20-25 kronos that's crazy.

Andarriel
    Benito likes this.
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

The new horse was going for 20M at fist. Now I see the same seller trying to sell it for 4M. Same thing will happen with the orc illusion. Be patient if you want one. It will go down in price.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I will wait in the hopes of a decent price.

My only fear is that I had trouble obtaining the Veil of Veksar. I only saw it twice for sale since the Iksar crate release. I worry that, with the less desirable human crate mount (like Iksar crate), I may end up the same situation with no opportunities. I think the Halasian Battle Bear mount encouraged additional purchases of Barbarian crate and a slight surplus of Ice Giant illusions flooded the market. I wish the human mount were a griffon/pridewing but I appreciate the devs for putting out these crates. :)
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  10. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

I bought mine for 1mil pp in the zaar, super happy with that price.
    (no I'm not sitting on mountains of plat)
    I hope everyone that wants it gets it for a fair price :)
    Gyurika Godofwar, Zaray and Benito like this.
  11. feeltheburn Augur

only a moron, I mean PURE moron would pay that . its nothing but a illusion with no useable stats or viable use other then looking cute, I swear it saddens me that there are people in this game that might pay that f or it. just sad.
  12. Zamiam Augur

1mil pp isnt alot .. thats only a few days of farming .. now i would agree with you if say someone was gonna actually pay R/L money for it by buying krono's and paying 1 to 10 krono for it then yes that would sadden me, however a million pp is not bad for a cute illusion :p
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am sensing that the Daring Deathfist Disguise will fall into the Very Rare category with the Wiltedblossom Wreath and Veil of Veksar.

My assessment of past illusions:

Helm of the Fourth Gate Guardian - High Demand/Rare
    Wiltedblossom Wreath - Very High Demand/Very Rare
    Veil of Veksar - Moderate Demand/Very Rare
    Ice Giant Façade - Very High Demand/Uncommon*
    Guise of the Gilded Clockwork - Moderate Demand/Rare
    Face of the Drowned - Moderate Demand/Rare
    Daring Deathfist Disguise - Very High Demand/Very Rare?

*There was a surplus of Ice Giant Façade as an equal amount of people were interested in the Halasian Battle Bear mount. I am a bit worried that the Daring Deathfist Disguise has that old model charm (like Ice Giant) but a low-demand mount.
  14. feeltheburn Augur

yes I can deal on a million but a million is not 20-25 kronos tho
  15. Bobokin Augur

The Human Heritage crates have ugly armor, a horse that came from a parade in Mexico, a Deathfist Pawn that looks silly in 2020, and some crappy familiars. I guess the portals is all it has going for it.

The Deathfist Pawn isn't worth more than a krono, but some people will pay more for a while.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Noway deathfist is on par with ice giant illusion!

Andarriel
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

whats the new mount called or have a pic since eq is down for who knows how long today. couple new tlp servers go live and look what happens.

Andarriel
  18. Nniki Augur

19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I'd trade a Royal Antonican Sokokar mount for the wreath and the deathfist one, but the chances of finding someone with both seems remote.
    KermittheFroglok and Benito like this.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Royal Antonican Ornaments is where the real money is at. lol.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.