Rogues OP in classic?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barder-mangler, May 22, 2020.

1. Barder-mangler Augur

Perhaps only allowing them to use throwing boulders would limit their power?
    Discuss.
    Foaming likes this.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Rogues can Critically strike using Throwing Weapons.
    Throwing boulders have the best Ratio of any weapon in Classic
    Why should a Melee Class also be the best Ranged DPS Class
    It makes no sense can't believe people still deny this OP build.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  3. Barder-mangler Augur

That's a great point, rangers should be up in arms over this! Not to mention those darn rogues and their pickpocketing, stealing from us all!
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I know it's bogus. WoW has separate loot tables for Pickpocket, time Everquest TLPs became more like WoW, get with the time Darkpaw jeez.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

if you're a rogue and I've been generous enough to invite you to my group, at the first sign you've been pocketing it is an insta-boot.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Good thing i can just pickpocket your mobs from outside of group. How OP is that.
  7. Barder-mangler Augur

8. Chopsuey Augur

Pick pocketing hill giants and cyclops is the highlight of a rogues life in classic.
  9. Arclyte Augur

I was gonna ask how lucrative/fun is that? Sounds hilarious.
  10. Mrjon3s Augur

I thought pickpocket has its own loot pool now.
  11. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

It does people still think it is off the same loot pool...
  12. Kodachi Augur

My favorite thing is that pickpocket works even if you have a loot lockout. The mobs won't drop loot, but you can still steal it from them.
    Barder-mangler likes this.
  13. Barder-mangler Augur

It's amazing after 20 years I can still learn new things about this game. That's pretty sweet.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

I did this in 2000 so I know what to look for.
  15. Zapford Elder

I shall distract you with boulders thrown, pockets I shall pick, and quietly I shall sneak away...

Good day Sir.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Another broken thing about Rogues. WTF the only class that gets to have Perma invis and they even get a better version of it later. SMH Rogues are just busted man too OP
  17. Sturn Augur

LOL booting a rogue would be the dumbest thing since they could just keep pickpocketing outside group, and do it more often since they aren't fighting. But as someone who has played rogue a lot in the past, I've never pickpocketed in group unless I had permission or back before adv loot window, I was master looter.
  18. sumnayin2 Augur

I was going to main bard but I might main a rogue just to troll people hard, this thread is making it sound fun