Memorial Day Weekend Bonus and Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, May 21, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hurray

Barton likes this.
  2. Herf Augur

We're happy with that. Since the last time a new server came up the other servers did NOT get a holiday xp session because of the new servers.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Thunderkiks Augur

Thank you!
    eqgamer likes this.
  4. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

We are! All those people complaining about downtime were European ;)
    Mostly from the United Kingdom, my sources say.
  5. Areosea New Member

This weekend, we will be commemorating Memorial Day with in-game bonuses. Take advantage of these bonuses on all servers:
    • +50% Experience
    • +50% Faction
    • +50% Rares
    By 50% rares do you mean 50% chance at chase loot dropping?
  6. Karrbon_175 New Member

And why didn't EQ1 receive any bonuses today? Especially one running through June 1.......and double xp instead of 50%.......
  7. Karrbon_175 New Member

Starting today at 12 PM (noon) PDT until Monday, June 1 at 12 PM PDT.

Live servers, you are going to see Limited time research reduction, and all servers will be getting double XP

At this time, this will be our final week+ of bonuses. We hope you are all staying safe and healthy!

I mean dear god can you throw us a bone? The servers were down for how long again?
  8. birdsong_pawn Augur

By rares, they mean what players usually refer to as named mobs, or namers.

It's The Name, so that's what you call it. You know, that or, uh, His Nameness, or uh, Namer, or El Namerino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Herf likes this.
  10. Ronnis)Xegony Journeyman

Yeah thats great bonus for your screw ups now what about my shared banks? Gonna do a roll back of the bonus xp to fix that screw up?
  11. Reapsoul New Member

how about a update on shared banks so we can get our stuff back so we can enjoy the 50% exp weekend wanted to make some new chars but now i cant cause you took all my stuff
  12. Bobokin Augur

That was the pandemic bonus - something EQ1 decided NOT to give.

EQ2 always stacks the sale bonus with the 10% All Access bonus. They don't call a 10% sale a 20% sale like EQ1 does. The devs should reconsider that and have an actual 20% sale (30% total) during regular holidays and 30% (40% total) for Black Friday through New Years weekend.

I'd go one step further and have that 20% sale for all accounts with that added 10% for All Access Gold accounts. It is almost like DBG doesn't want FTP players to buy anything in their store. One would think the opposite to be true. What a potential waste of revenue.

Why are they so stingy? It isn't like people are knocking down doors to buy DBG store items.
  13. Bobokin Augur

And why doesn't EQ1 have that different bonus?
  14. blue9313 New Member

Is there a way to turn off the bonus experience on characters or accounts and if so, how do I go about that? If not, this totally ruins my plans to play all weekend. I'm 0% interested in a 50% bonus.
  15. Bobokin Augur

tap tap tap ... Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello?
    Zamiam and MattThePhat like this.
  16. Riou EQResource

EQ1 did give this bonus during the Anniversary, around the time the pandemic began in USA, instead of just EXP you got 50% Rares, 50% Lockout Timer Reduction and 15% marketplace membership (instead of 10%) discount on top of the EXP
    dreamweaver likes this.
  17. Minpire Augur

Does this discount apply to PACKS?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Have you got a lsit of these unvaulted items and how long they will be on sale, please?
  19. Zinkeh Augur

It doesn't appear to be well...Anything...at least on Mangler. The Marketplace has the 20% discount but absolutely nothing new on it.

I was excited to maybe see a new pet or pet illusion other than the same recycled garbage for sale every day. Nope. Same crap. New mounts? Nah. Same crap. etc, etc, etc. Hundreds of NPC models and we've got the same crap selection for pets/pet illusions going as far back as phinny. Kind of amazes me how TLP are the lifeblood of the game yet they really don't change or add anything new variety-wise.
    Bobokin likes this.
  20. Stephen51 Augur

+50% Extra Rares - does this include the Wind Sprites in GD for the merc achievement, because I am sick to the back teeth of them!:(
    Yinla likes this.