Fixed Internally Nothing in shared banks

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Palloma, May 21, 2020.

1. Moege Augur

At last some honesty. The items is gone.
    Petition Request #848253 character name/server and a /outputfile list is in that petition.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

Schadenfreude
    Firiona Vie

Nothing in /itemoverflow or plat to date.
  3. Errekose New Member

Appreciate the update.

Character: Errekose
    Server: FV

Missing all items nothing in overflow and all plat still missing. I've checked all toons on the account including the one transferred over from Brekt.

One question: Is it safe to try and enjoy what's left of this weekend and the bonus xp or are those accounts effected likely to receive some sort of rollback to recover the items/plat?
  4. cayendar New Member

Ticket (#847866)
    Character name: Cayendar
    Server: FV--entire shared bank gone
    Received nothing in itemoverflow
    Received no money in overflow
    Received no parcels of money or items
  5. Palloma New Member

Palloma - FV - has shared bank items back (thank you) but no shared bank plat - plat parcel is not on any character on account
    Hanney - FV - has shared bank items back (thank you) but no shared bank plat - plat parcel is not on any character on account

Lizzey - FV - does not have any shared bank items or plat back - plat parcel is not on any character on account
  6. Bloodlord Balkoth New Member

Character Name Balkoth
    Server Vox
    Items all back but 1.6mil plat still missing and not in parcel

PS i think i may have figured out what causes this bank problem with some accounts but not others. on my accounts that have only ever had characters on one server are fine but one where i have had character's on a other server even if they are not on a server that was merged and even if they were deleted has this problem
    Lawlstryke likes this.
  7. Jerimeya New Member

My items finally showed up in the overflow, at least I believe that is all of them. Although I am still missing a fair amount of plat.

Pnik - FV Server
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Rollback is when pending transactions in memory are lost when a server crashes unexpectedly so that your character logs back into the last "save state" (every characters save state will be different).

Restore is when the last database backup is purposely entirely overwritten to the live database, so that all data/characters reverts to the last time the database was backed up. This requires taking the servers down (or the servers are already offline) as it is a time consuming process and no data can be accessed while it happens.

What they would be doing with this is a selective insert where they have data in one database, and a special script that copies specific data from table(s) into the overflow data on the live system. Nothing of the live character data should be overwritten, and this method does not require the servers to be taken down.
  9. Lawlstryke New Member

What kind of data recovery strategy is this?? Have your customers tell you what is in your DB backups? What about the people who don't check the forums / don't realize their shared bank is missing... They are just going to be SOL?

I run an Advanced AWS & Premiere GCP firm... let's get to talking and work on server stability / DR / and basic SDLC ... the last 6 months have been insane. Anywhere I have worked and/or helped this level of service would = fired.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

@everyone, check your first character for missing plat:

everything over 10K plat has been parceled to the first character on your account alphabetically
    minimind likes this.
  11. Moege Augur

No it has not, please just stop saying stuff that simply did not happen. In this very thread you have a "dev" admitting that it was not done, now you come here with this.. /sheesh
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

People have already done this, I cannot find a single person that has received any plat.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...uesday-may-19th-10-00-am.266229/#post-3918451

Yeah?

14. Moege Augur

15. cayendar New Member

Despite the pronouncement in that thread, it does not seem to be true. I checked all my characters and received nothing. If it takes some amount of time to actually go through, then that would have been information to share. However, the comment by "EQ Dev" seems to completely undermine the claim of platinum parceling. Ostensibly, it appears that thousands of items and hundreds of millions (billions?) of platinum are lost forever. Darkpaw may look at it next week though I'm not encouraged.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Still missing plat NOT FROM SHARED BANK slot but is missing from regular bank slot. Two characters:
    Bastets on Tunare
    Chewie on Tunare

No plat in itemoverflow, no plat in parcel.
  17. Tazor New Member

1. I recommend all players to check their whole character and all characters after server merges. Even if the server you play on is not receiving the merge. Bad stuff happens to them some times. If their is a problem with your character. File a ticket on it in game.To start the recovery process. Make sure you give them a list of items, money and issues you have with them. It might help with the recovery of what you are missing and solve any issues you have. I believe game staff should have a notice/memo about this issue in all department involved. If not they need implement one.

2. @Dev. I don't know why you guys push to do these merges when you had a issue like this. Most game companies would have not merged the servers if they were having these corrupted data issues. They would have come out and said "We are postponing the server merges because of X,X,X issues that have came up. We have restored the servers to what they were before the merges. If you have any issues with your accounts and/or characters. Please file a support ticket on it.". Then they would work out those issues that came up on internal test servers for a while before they try it again. At least that would have shown us the customer that you cared about us.

They should make a system message in game about the issue and tell people to file a ticket about it. Not to only post on the forum. For people who work at the company in that department might not see those post. Plus adds more work for the staff. Since now they have to go to the forums for issues with the merges. Instead of the in game ticket system.
  18. Jaay Lorekeeper

Croogan - Firiona Vie
    Still missing everything.
  19. Mesc Old Soul

Character: Mesc
    Server: Erollisi Marr

Still no plat in parcel, item overflow, or shared bank
  20. Moege Augur

In answer to my first petition, I will keep filing petitions till my game time runs out (2 weeks) after that it will be time to find something else to do.