Seriously Disappointed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Genjo, May 21, 2020.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

No amount of PR is going to lower the caustic nature of any MMO message board. For every person that's satisfied with the positive message behind thanking the player base for putting up with the outage, here's X event as a sort of compensation, 10 other people won't like X event and trash it. Moreover, it's been stated numerous times the players actually reading, never mind posting on these boards is but a microcosm of the actual player base. Does even 10% of players ever load this site for more than just server status? There's no way. So given all that, why bother? If you were up for the better part of two days straight would you run to the boards and eat crow? F no you wouldn't and you're a giant fibber if you'd say you would.
    Coagagin, Andarriel and Lannin like this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Seriously disappointed this is from a new member or someone who is hiding behind one pretty lame btw get over it there doing the best they can.

Andarriel
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

10% I would say no mostly raider and new people for the newbie section. Its just like a lot of people don't join general chat.

Andarriel
  4. Triconix Augur

I'm going to guess maybe 5-10% of EQ's population goes onto the boards and is an active participant. Another 5% creates alternative forum accounts, hides behind an alias like cowards, and act like they are entitled to some compensation for something that they willingly accepted as part of the EULA, yet refuse to acknowledge it. A good example? The OP of this entire thread.
  5. Genjo Lorekeeper

Accout age is 19 years, I just have never started posting until last few months as the game I love has begun to force me state my opinions. If the length of time player, account age, or forum posts matter, I most likely have more length of time, account age, and played then most.

So do my thoughts matter more now?

6. Genjo Lorekeeper

To be clear, since my account age is 19 years old, with thousands of hours player but I chose not to post every day for the past 19 years, my thoughts dont count.

7. Tyvolus Journeyman

No one is forcing you to come to forums, and reply to posts !!

The OP clearly acknowledged the age of servers and hard work of the staff. I guess you weren't able to udnerstand the part, where he asked for some small good-will customer service for the paying customers. And if the code is so old and outdated, the price they charge for a monthly sub surely doesnt reflect that.

The servers were down well over 24 hours, which is fine...just credit everyone a free day and all is well.
    dreadlord likes this.
  8. The real Sandaormo Augur

Someones feelings got hurt.
  9. The real Sandaormo Augur

What would a free day matter? The day I pay my $14.99 would be moved back a day? Why would I care? Does that make it cheaper to play?
  10. dreadlord Augur

You don't want a free day. We get it. So how about you quit trolling the threads of people who do care about this?! I don't go on sports boards and say how glad I am there's no football because I don't like football - that would just be bizarre
    It's a common trope that Americans think their experience is universal - well here's another example of where it isn't - in the UK we pay approx double your rate. And many many folk have more than one account (pretty much everyone I know ingame has 3-10 accs) - it all adds up.
    Or, look at it this way: Next time you take one of your 5 annual days' leave and travel a few hundred very expensive miles, perhaps with your family, to attend a $1 event that's cancelled without warning or good reason - you, of course, would not complain at all because, hey, it was only $1. Right?
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

How is that even remotely close to being the same thing? Do you take days off work and drive hundreds of miles to get to a computer to play EQ? If so you may want to look at a cheaper alternative lol. And "Cancelled without warning or good reason"... This patch has been planned for at least a month if not longer, you had plenty of time to plan around it.

You're complaining about something that has been apart of EQ for 20+ years, monthly patches are part of the game. Some take longer than others depending on what is planned. It's all factored into the cost of membership, this is what you signed up for. If you don't like the cost because at least 1 day a month the game will be down than find something you would rather spend your money on. It's well known that every month there is going to be a patch and you're not going to get comped for that time.
  12. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

So if the game was down for a week or a month(s) it is ok because it is part of the EULA right? I mean we all agreed not to hold them accountable for anything right? Tomorrow they will change the agreement to say you are no longer able to cancel. Any form of stopping payments they now have the right to take you to court, because they put/snuck it in there. You are bound by it, just as they now also own both your soul and your firstborn. o_O

Or any number of other things. More loyalty points. Some kind of exp bonus reward that can be done on the customer's time, not the company's. And as you say a free day. Something.

How about 10% off your next month's or yearly purchase? Even if you say no, others will say yes.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The one time that I can remember the game being down that long, they did compensate players. If I remember right everyone got a free month of game time even though the servers were only down a week or two. Expecting compensation for a scheduled monthly patch on the other hand is not the same as expecting it for a week+ outage.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Zamiam Augur

this is not solely from this last downtime of 24 hours (which was scheduled) .. its because of all the crashes , Unscheduled maintenance or emergency patches from the middle of February to this last 24 hour patch (which btw went over its scheduled downtime by 16 hours)

we are aware the game has scheduled downtime !! its the others that are not scheduled that interrupt our game time (and there has been alot over the last 3 months) .

for people who can play 10+ hours a day and maybe have a lifetime membership then its prolly not a big inconvenience to you .. for those of us who play only few hours per week (between 5 and 10) then it is a big deal ..

it is normal business practice to compensate its customers for being inconvenienced this much !! even with just a small gesture ..

for those of you who were lucky enough to afford the lifetime subs last year (or was it 2 years ago now) if EQ (and the other games by DB/DPG) closed shop would you not be upset that you spent 300 bucks for lifetime membership and only got 1 years worth of that ?
    I know if i spent 300 bucks on lifetime sub and it shut down within a year I would be a bit upset ..
    granted that scenario is a completely different than what we are talking about but I think the moral of the story is the same ..

thats all were saying or at least me :p

but im actually not gonna grip anymore !!

DPG's lost my support !! my subs are comming up and im not subbing .. was gonna pay for a year on my main account (not happening anymore) I was also gonna buy about $100 bucks worth of Human crates thank you DPG's for saving me more money ..

gonna go F2P or play on test .. already /testcoppied my main and few others from my other accounts.
    I will not support a game that does not support/take care of its customers
    just like a restaurant or fast food place if they keep getting your order wrong you stop going to them (at least i do) maybe you keep on going back for more who knows

any company with bad CS can loose not only that 1 customer , but by word of mouth has the potential to loose alot more ..

Sokki this post was not directed solely at you so do not take it personally pls .. I am just trying to stat my opinion and why we are looking for some type of gesture from the dev team !! in no way am i focusing on you specifically I value your opinion
    dreadlord likes this.
  15. dreadlord Augur

Do all analogies really need to be explained in detail. Oh dear
    No-one (that I've seen) was complaining about the scheduled patch (the reason for it, maybe).
    The displeasure appertained to the subsequent fiasco and lack of information about that
    As is perfectly clear in pretty much everyone's posts.
    You may enjoy paying for a service you don't receive.Others don't. Trying to silence those who don't is just - strange
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I wonder how much less the nonsense would be if your signature was automatically populated with the names and servers of all characters tied to it.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

It's really easy. Is it worth your money to continue to play EQ or not.

Personally, the extended downtime annoyed me.
    I have too many friends in EQ to just bail though.

Games are sometimes down. Devs do their best.

On the other hand, sometimes people take days off work then convince devs unlocking content 30 days later than promised is a good idea. (I'd like to get rid of those people or those devs)
  18. Moege Augur

Some of us has now being without platinum/shared bank since the patch, In your opinion when do you think we are entitled to some compensation ?

Go read this if you think it is going to be fixed in the next few days.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ng-in-shared-banks.266488/page-2#post-3918480
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That's a different situation and I'm sure 90% of people asking for free days/compensation are not experiencing that. Server mergers were never perfect, unfortunately you got to be apart of the first one in many years. Whether they will compensate those on the server or not, I have no idea. I'd be a little more sympathetic to those requests though, but the outrage over 36 hours to me is a little dramatic. The patch was Scheduled to be 24 hours, everyone knew that meant it was going to be closer to 2 days. When the servers were coming down I saw many many people say see you in 2 days, yeah it might of been a joke but it was based on reality.
  20. Moege Augur

The fact that we are willing to accept 36 hours when a schedule of 24 was in place is telling about what we think of the skill level at Darkpaw. That in itself is a problem that they need to solve asap. I see that some people will be quitting over this fiasco of a merge.

The last time the did a merge was that 3 years ago, it was the same fiasco as what we are currently seeing so there was no extra planning/testing done. Those scripts were just taken and blindly applied resulting in a mess, the new hardware was not tested first resulting in problems.

Really bitter about this experience and doubt we will be made whole again as they demonstrated they do not have the skill for it. As evidence the post that everyone got their stuff back and the reality that an "EQ dev" had to post asking for server/characters. Nobody that I know of on the server received plat back and was asking in general every few hours.
    dreadlord likes this.