Iksar Racial bonuses

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silver-Crow, May 22, 2020.

1. Silver-Crow Augur

I've often wondered how much difference Iksar racial bonuses made in the later game, so i logged on to Miragul to find out how it looked at 85 with reference human vs iksar with the same gear, same aa's, no buffs, and all stats over the cap.

First i looked at Warrior.
    AC for Iksar - 1704/1340
    AC for human - 1691/1340
    so iksar has 13 more mitigation.

HP regen for iksar - 136 stand, 140 sit
    HP regen for Human - 121 stand, 123 sit.
    So iksar has 15 more standing and 17 more sitting.

HP for both 36468
    Attack, endurance regen etc all the same.

Then necro.
    AC for Iksar - 1184/1168
    AC for Human - 1175/1168
    so iksar has 9 more mitigation.

HP regen for iksar - 128 stand /132 sit
    HP regen for human - 113 stand, 115 sit
    So iksar has 15 more standing and 17 more sitting.
    HP for both 31440
    Attack, endurance regen etc all the same.

It looks like the AC bonus is very much limited by the soft cap, but at best at lvl 85, you're looking at only 13 extra mitigation when fully geared. Is this going to make a difference.. maybe, but slight if best.

For regen it's another story. 15/17 is quite a big boost if you're a liching necro, and will definitely help offset 'the rot'. Note that this bonus is the same on troll, so other than a minor AC boost, there's no benefit on troll shammy vs iksar shammy.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Nice analysis. Go build us a histogram of hit distributions in the 20 Damage Bonus bins! Nobody ever does this to determine the realized benefit of different AC values!!!

Here's one I did when I was comparing different AC values relative to my attack.
    [IMG]
  3. auto21 Elder

IIRC iksar did suffer from some itemisation and are hated across Norrath.
    Iksar also have great natural swim.
    Many race change when kunark launches - another cash cow :)
  4. auto21 Elder

How can you hit the 8k more often with double the ac?
  5. Tucoh Augur

Note that there are different numbers of swings for each sampling because I went AFK and swung for a bit for those parses. The distribution of those histograms or its shape is what's important, not the absolute count in each bin relative to other histograms.

But to answer any questions about why any parse ends up the way it does you basically have two options:

1. Read and understand this: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-vs-acv2.210028/#post-3078126
    2. My choice:
    [IMG]

Biggest thing I wanted to know is why in the 500 AC histograph bin #3 is so high.
  6. Machen New Member

Could be as simple as luck with relatively low sample size.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I thought the same thing when I first noticed it.

But then it happened a couple more times.
    [IMG]

Like I said, I'm going with
    [IMG]

One thing that makes EQ fun is that the only way to really answer questions like the value of Iksar racial bonuses is to parse it.
  8. Protagonist Tank

Iksar war and SK are raw screwed for gear during Kunark, but they gave up on that gimmick immediately after.
  9. Machen New Member

Yep. Not being able to use the cobalt bracer kinda sucks though for a few more expansions.
  10. Mrjon3s Augur

Yup I remember on Phinny all the Iksar warriors were asking me to shrink them using my cobalt bracer.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

12. Xhartor Augur

The biggest annoyance is not being able to use the cobalt bracer, Blood Ember greaves, and the Jaundiced Bone Bracer. The hate/fear armor with racial bonus keeps Iksar close enough in AC to other racial options.
    Iksar can't use mithril armor in Velious, and stuff that drops in UP in Luclin. Neither of those amount to much.
    Pride of the Legion does give Iksar warriors a threat advantage during Kunark, The other warrior races have to go VP to pickup a comparable weapon to pair with the red blade.

The Iksar shaman hate armor drops during classic (Unlike the SK and Warrior armor), and has better stats then the armor available to other shaman races in Kunark.
  13. sumnayin2 Augur

How can you not know how to read a craft and see that he had a larger sample size in the 2nd graph?Yes, he should have included total swings, but it is obvious by looking at the graph.
  14. sumnayin2 Augur

Why is no one commenting on the elephant in the room. Literally no one race changes on a TLP at Kunark to ensure they have slightly more AC and regen at level 85 in 30 months.

They do it for Kunark, Velious and after those 6 months i'd wager it is a safe bet to say around 50% of the race changers have already quit by Luclin. Then, another 50% of the remaining pool(25% of the original pool) will have quit by GoD, if not more.
  15. raylone New Member

@sumnayin2
    meaning what, every one quits so why bother asking? or a race picked don't matter since everyone quits after X time? mit well say no point answering to any question. it wont matter since their a new TLP every year for any question ever asked since everyone starts over...
  16. Pawtato Augur

17. sumnayin2 Augur

Meaning using data at level 85 to make a case that Iksar racials are not worth it at level 50+ when level 85 is literally 30 months from Kunark when most people won't be playing the game at that point anyways. This is why I keep insulting the intelligence of people on these forums. I mean, you're literally going on about questions when the OP didn't ask one question and the only question I asked(while omitted a question mark) was why no one was calling it out.

Miragul was DoA, no one cares about level 85 except people that want to farm 20 year old content as it spawns on FV to sell the items or delete the items so that they can corner the market on 20 year old drops.

I was making the point that no one goes Iksar because they're planning for their racials to help them at level 85. Iksar has a +15 AC bonus for shaman, it doesn't scale, it is literally 15 AC, why would anyone think leveling to 85 would change a flat rate. The fact that the OP observed a 13 AC difference would come from a variable of some kind.

I might be slightly off on the AC bonus, it might have been changed on live. Maybe 10 ac now? So, the observed 3 AC boost might be from a higher agility stats? I'll admit I don't know what changes to Iksar racials have occurred. It still doesn't change my point that it doesn't scale and will not offer some noticeable bonus at a high level unless DPG purposely makes that 10AC reach a threshold no one but Iksar can reach.
  18. birisu Elder

or maybe he picked 85 because he didn't want to level 4 characters to 60 to compare and is just bored waiting for the new servers like everyone else so he decided to post it. You are way overthinking things
  19. Ultrazen Augur

Endgame isn't the reason I play lizzards, it's early game and leveling. The difference between a liz monk or necro is absolutely huge, especially on a TLP where gear sucks. To me it's so huge, I won't even consider rolling either of those classes until liz is available.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Silver-Crow Augur

Yep, i simply chose miragul as it was a very easy way to look at things 'later' with identical equipment, aa's, and ensured that all stats were over cap by the same amount.

Trying to do that any other way isn't going to give anywhere near as accurate a base line.