Had to share

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vwlss Nvwls, May 22, 2020.

1. Vwlss Nvwls New Member

My first MMO was World of Warcraft back in August 2005 (please don't hate me). When I first played it, I wanted a hunter for the pet, but accidentally created a warrior and played him for a few levels before realizing the mistake and re-rolling a hunter.

Flash forward to 2020. I am excited to give Everquest a go after all these years, and I hear druids do well solo. Since I am a very casual player, I figure I will roll a druid. And after playing almost 3 levels, finally realize I am playing a warrior. AAARRGGHH!!! Have I learned nothing after 15 years?!?!?
    Whoops, Kurage_of_Luclin and Grove like this.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Druids are not a great solo class. That is from back in the day when they used to kite and etc, but now with mercs other classes can vastly out perform a druid "molo".

But a druid is still good. You can port, track, forage, do damage, heal. It is a very versatile class (just like the druid in WoW) and a good first choice.Use a rogue mercenary and heal it, throw on a few damage spells in between. It'll work out for you.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Play the class you enjoy. Each of them have positives and negatives. Find the one that fits you best and don't be afraid to reroll or try other classes.
    Chopin.Xegony and Etridian like this.
  4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

sounds like you might like a beast lord for their awesome pets, and mage and necros have pretty boss pets as well. Beast lords are pretty good from the start.
  5. Whoops Augur

I giggled aloud! Thank you for sharing this :) Welcome to EQ!