overseer quest changes!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cacky, May 21, 2020.

1. yerm Augur

I still cannot convert my duplicate elite agents. They are 100% useless and 100% incapable of being anything other than useless.

PLEASE put the ability to use your elites back into the rare conversion mission! Even if you leave common and uncommon idiot-proofed, sure, fine, let just the rare one use higher tier! We absolutely need it to use these agents.

Note that this was totally how overseer was originally designed and working until it was idiot proofed. I understand and sympathize with the changes that were made to prevent potheads and/or people from idiocracy from being able to mash common conversion over and over without bothering to read until they have 2 or less agents and no idea what happened to them. Just give us a way to do something/anything with duplicate elites please.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think your math is a little wrong on the Elites, 27 agents will require 9 missions or 4.5 days using all Common quests. That's still faster than before but it doesn't account for losing any agents to incapacitation. The majority of agents are being given a chance at 72 hour incapacitation. A couple bad rolls in a row and you're going to be missing the agents that match the traits for 3 days at a time.

Overall, yes you can get more agents with the Common 3 agent recruits. But is the incapacitation risk going to be worth it? It's to early to tell but I'll probably try and hold out for at least uncommon or rare recruits to risk the agents on. I'll see how it goes after the first few common recruits to decide if I really want to risk them.
  3. Cacky Elder

It might help to keep this thread readable if you scan ahead, and if someone has already answered someone's question, you don't have to answer it again. No big deal though. I can tell you are into overseer as much as I am, if not more!
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You can retire the Elite Agents to get 2 Rares back or XP towards one of the Quest Types.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. yerm Augur

Whoa thanks, can you point me to where/how?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Top right I think when you select an agent, is where you will find the retire window, it gives you an echo to click, you can select different exp to have as a reward, what you want is the bottom choice, 2 rare agents.
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

they don't see to reward as much as there like 12 hrs least the recruit ones I saw. think I was able to get around 70% success rate.

Andarriel
  8. Mazame Augur

Common quest offers 3 -4 agents ( 4th is if you crit) This is offer every 12 hours
    12 hour = 3 -4
    24 hours = 6-8
    36 hour = 9 - 12
    48 hours = 12-16
    60 hours = 15 - 20
    72 hours = 18 -24
    This is off your 1 quest slot. with the other 4 slots you can crit and get a free agent.
    Using 6 hour quest
    6 = up to 4 agents
    12 = up to 8 agents
    18 = up to 12 agents
    24 = up to 16 agents
    30 = up to 20 agents
    36 = up to 24 agents
    42 = up to 28 agents
    48 = up to 32 agents
    Now I avg crit agents about 50% of the time but it is a RNG so lets say 1/3

at the 48 hour mark you could have 48 agents if you hit all crits but I think saying you will have 27 agents is not unreasonable.

Now that the 1st time. After the 1st you can retire you elite agent for 2 rare dropping the need to try again from 27 to 9 and you will make that in 36 hours off of just recruit quest. Again saying that you have a chance to get an elite agent every 2 days I don't think is unreasonable.

If you are only upgrading doubles yes it will take a bit longer for you to reach the point of doing the upgrades but you should be able to get there in no time.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Conversations are not supposed to count. If they are, then that is a bug.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-may-20-2020.266342/
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I was only counting from Recruit Quests. But let's be realistic, I just checked my Crit rate on both accounts and they're both at about 25% crit rate. And honestly who's doing all 6 hour quests 4 times a day? I'm not waking up in the middle of the night just to update Overseer. At most I do 2 rounds of 6 hour quests and 1 round of 12 hour quests before bed.

So with the new 12 hour recruits, today's quest rotation was 12 hour recruit + 4x 6 hour for first set, 2nd set added 12 hour recruit + 3x 6 hour, and tonights will be 4x 12 hour. So that's 13 quests with a 25% crit rate for 4 agents plus the 6 from the recruits gives me 10 agents per day. So you're still looking at 3 days for an Elite counting Crits. And like I said that's not even factoring in Incapacitated Agents which will drive your success chance down or failures.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Mazame Augur

If you have bad luck on the RNG then yes I will admit it will take longer. The question is how many agents were you avg per day before the patch?

If your getting 10 agents per day then and we go off that then
    Day 1 10 agents
    Day 2 20 agents
    Day 3 30 agents. Elite chance -27 leave you with 3
    Day 4 13 agents (you can retire double elites so you only need 9 new) 2nd elite chance leaving you 4 agents
    Day 5 14 agents + retire for 2 rares = elite chance and ending with 5 agents

So even at 10 per day you can get an elite chance every day. it you get one that you need and don't retire then it roughly 2 days to rebuild back up.

So yes the start up may take 2-3 days but after you get going it is fair to say that every 2 days you will have a chance at an elite.
  13. Cacky Elder

I've been playing overseer since the day it came out, doing every possible recruit quest along the way. I've got 848 completed quests, 250 of them critical successes (29%), converting agents every time I get 3 doubles, and I've got a grand total of 2 elites. If your calculations/estimates suggest getting an elite every 2 or 3 days, then it isn't remotely close to matching my experience. If you're saying that is what we should expect under the new system, then time well tell, but I'm not that optimistic.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Now you're counting Retired Agents towards that number? I consider Retiring an agent a Net Loss, you're losing 9 agents every time you do that. I get that if you end up with a double Elite that's about all you can do with it, but I definitely wouldn't count it towards gaining agents. I look it at as losing 9 agents for a 2nd try at an Elite, not getting a 2nd Elite agent.
  15. enclee Augur

I'm not a fan of the common recruitment quests requiring so many agents.
  16. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I am not sure if the lower level quests are doing this but regular (not recruitment) level 3 and 4 are giving more common agents in the reward on crit. The rate at which I am acquiring agents is obviously higher after the patch as I am still doing all the recruitment quests that come up. Now I am capped on the number of quests I can do and the incapacitation risk appears to be changed while they also offer recovery more.

The incapacitation rate is having a more noticeable effect on matching agents but overall,.it looks like it is easier to get all the agents while the road to max quest levels will take longer. It definitely upped the required clicking!
    Mazame likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How is it a loss if it is a duplicate agent that you can't use if one is already questing or incapacitated?
  18. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Since the agent award is always random, once you reach the only option left is retirement, you have not lost anything, you have new opportunities to roll the dice in the reverse order all the way back to common until you get what you are missing.
    Mazame likes this.
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Because it took 27 agents to get it in the first place but if you get a bad roll and end up with a double you only get 18 back. So if I end up with a double Elite agent that I already have I consider that losing agents as I just lost 9 agents for something I didn't need/want.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Still better than getting nothing back and sitting on duplicates that you can't use at all.
    Mazame likes this.