Tower of frozen shadow raid #1 - no credit

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Natal, May 22, 2020.

1. Natal Augur

Our guild did the tower of frozen shadow raid #1 (Heart of Frozen Shadow) today (21 May 2020). This was after the 3 day long server merge/patch from the 19th. The incident happened on The Rathe server.

Basically we beat the encounter, however I died just before the boss died. When I popped up in the lobby I saw win chat in /rs, and I assume the boss died while I was zoning.

On being rezzed back into the zone I did not receive any currency. I did not think much of it right away as sometimes currency takes a few minutes to pop up in those circumstances, but this time it did not. I was still in the raid and in the instance. A weapon dropped from the chest, which I won, but could not loot. I could open the chest, but trying to loot generated the following messages:

"You are not allowed to loot the item: Omen", and
    "you may not loot that item from this corpse"

Everyone else in the raid received their coins and those who won items were able to loot them.

I tried zoning out then back in again, it did not help.
    I tried dropping the raid then getting reinvited back in, this did not help either and I got the same two messages.

Examination of the expedition information panel showed a loot lockout for the zone, dating back to when the guild first entered the zone, but NOT the lockout for the Heart of Frozen Shadow encounter.

We have not seen this behavior on a raid before and assume that it is a new bug introduced by the May 19 patch. I was the only one affected apparently, no one else mentioned having a similar problem. My guess is that the server is losing track of people who are zoning when the boss dies, but why it doesn't update after is not clear. It should be resyncing after and always has before in my experience. The other very odd thing is the complete lockout of being able to loot from the chest at all. That is definitely something new and I am sure that is not intended.

Could someone in the dev team have a look at this and figure out what is going on?
    Winnowyl, svann and Conq like this.
  2. Conq Augur

Long standing issue, zoning while boss dies ends up with this result all the time. There's another bug report recently about the same thing.
    Conq
  3. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Yup, definitely not a new bug, completely unrelated to the last patch.
  4. Natal Augur

Not getting coins I can sort of understand, but not being able to loot items from the chest at all no matter what? That is odd. It has to be something to do with changes they have made to loot lockouts.
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Ongoing issue, as was mentioned. *Sometimes* you can get around it by dropping the dz and getting readded, then zoning back in. If it offers you the 'do you want to have this lockout' box when you get added, you should be find. If not, yer not getting lockout, coins, or loot. =\
    Thunderkiks likes this.