Name reservations on Aradune/Rizlona?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JooJooFlop, May 21, 2020.

1. JooJooFlop Trainer of Trainers

Will the new servers be opening a couple days ahead for name reservations like past TLPs have?
  2. Thrawnseg Augur

Which TLP allowed that?
  3. Xeris Augur

Answer is: none.
    Zoshiro likes this.
  4. Infuse Journeyman

Don't think that was ever a thing, and it's a dumb idea, so nah.
    Zoshiro likes this.
  5. TLPman Augur

hahaha this is not WoW classic SMDH
    Infuse likes this.
  6. Hoteke New Member

I don't see how it is a dumb idea. It greatly reduces login pressure during first launch hours, there is reason why others do it.
  7. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

dreamweaverCommunity Manager

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Yinla said:
    “Any chance of opening the servers in advance just to get chars created?”

Not this time around, that needs to additional time to implement but it is on a list of things they'd like to do in the future.

8. Magneress Augur

allowing name reservations is a bad idea, it will create a system people will game to get as many names as possible to then 'sell', new servers on wow already have this problem. like every permutation between 3-4 characters is instantly botted
  9. JooJooFlop Trainer of Trainers

How is that different from now? It just puts less stress on the actual launch day from the flood of people trying to get the names they want.
  10. Febb Augur

So instead of the servers crashing on launch day, they will crash a couple days before on the name reservation day?
    Protagonist likes this.
  11. Bard2019 Elder

No reason to allow name reservation. They've never done it in the past and it benefits no one to do so in the present or future. Creating characters doesn't crash the server, it's not having having Pickzone options for any of the start cities except Kelethin(aka Greater Faydark), causing the thousands of people logging in to be stuck in the same few zones for hours on end before enough of them level up so that the population can spread out.
  12. Terranos Elder

You just have to poopsock launch and try to reserve your names like everybody else.
  13. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Tell me the names you plan to use, and I will save them for you if I get in first.;)
  14. Dominate Augur

Actually, on Mangler what was causing lag, crashes, and characters to disappear was the character creation server. Not ACTUALLY Mangler. Once you got a character made, and got in, it was fine. Getting logged in and getting a character made was the biggest bottleneck.

I still have names on Mangler that I created and the character "poofed". You could petition to get them back, but I was too lazy.

The primary reason for name reservation is to alleviate pressure on launch day. It should be implemented as soon as they can. It is the best of ideas.
  15. Guen New Member

I'm unsure why The Combine (or Sleeper) is often overlooked as being a progression server. We were in fact allowed to log into character creation a few days before launch. I don't recall there being any issues with people selling names or any other sort of shenanigans then. I don't see why it would be anything but a sensible solution to release day log in issues.
    Barton likes this.
  16. fantasy New Member

Fruitless idea, though wouldn't it be less scammy if you already have X amount of High Level Charcters on different Servers, on same account with this particular Name that said name is going to be reserved for you for say one week. Where the higher X amount does get preference on the Name.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Tell me the name you want, I never have issues logging into the servers on day 1 right when they open.
    Don't worry only cost ya krono :D