Thank you Darkpaw Employees!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Naturalist, May 21, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

lol you must be using that new common core math or something ..

1 12 hour downtime in 31 days ? are you serious ?
    in the last 2 days alone since 5-19 the servers have been down from 10am on the 19th to lets just say 1pm today 5-21 that is 48 hours cause i think they were up for few hours before they went to hell in a hand basket again this morning at 7am ..
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Buh bye.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Free money? So you think they just stop paying their employees, their overhead, their taxes, during that downtime?

You pay for access to their service. Their service is subject to availability.

Anyone whining about this 21 years in needs to get a grip on reality.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Remember when the servers were down for like 23? straight days? Yeah, that happened.
  5. Zamiam Augur

yes I do , in fact there was a huge discussion on it not to long ago .. also if you remember Sony gave everyone 30 days of game time + 1 day for every day the servers were down so ended up being like 40+ days of membership and im not sure but i bet they gave us bonus xp also
    dreadlord likes this.
  6. seber Augur

thank Dev all hard work
  7. Triconix Augur

If you're paying, you're most likely all access. In that case, there are other games available to play on during EQs downtime. Did you consider those? It's not free money just because you didnt decide to utilize all the services available to you. Also, paying a membership means paying for the maintenance of the game. Now take a nice long walk on a short pier.

Averages must be a new thing to you if you're only using 1 month to determine them...
  8. Zamiam Augur

they really need to add a dislike button :p
  9. Magickon Augur

There's a few people trying to say that just because it wasn't a perfectly reliable game with verant and sony that daybreak/darkpaw gets a pass needs to get their head examined.

Sure, at times some things really sucked. But in the last year they have just about up everything they touch. I am skeptical they can even change a toilet paper roll at the home office without closing the entire floor.
  10. dreadlord Augur

"Thank-you for paying to see the football game. Unfortunately this is cancelled. Your ticket entitles you to attend the sewing convention at the same venue . As you have the option of attending the sewing convention we will not be providing any refunds"

I'm also sure suggesting someone kills themselves is against forum rules
  11. Triconix Augur

You clearly need to learn what that idiom means because you have no idea what you're talking about. Since you seem so offended by it snowflake, the idiom means to just go away.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/take_a_long_walk_on_a_short_pier
  12. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Common sense could be construed as people expecting a better prepared system of doing something like this or at least compensation for paying customers on time lost, as this is something that has been going on for a long time. It's nothing new. It's the norm. Even expected.

I mean I agree with you, the devs work hard and deserve some kind of respect. But it sounds like you are taking jabs at those who feel some of their hard earned time and money was wasted. The game is not free to those paying. I am quite surprised more have not voiced their frustration. It's not about IF or HOW LONG the game will be down, as we know it will be down. They themselves KNOW it will be down. It's simply what are they going to do to compensate paying customers.
  13. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

How much testing are they doing? How many hours, days, weeks or months do they test? And why if they can not do it when they are testing in all that time, can they then fix it in only a few hours, to a day or two?

Whining as you put it is annoying. But to simply accept the downtime is dumbfounding as well and probably why EQ has been the way it has been for so long.

+ "Should we give them something for the inconvenience?"

- "Hell No! Why!? They will just be back tomorrow to take their daily dose of Evercrack."

+ "But the servers will be down tomorrow as well..."

- "So? There is always the next day and the day after that..."

Now THAT is how customer service for it's paying customers should be done in that instance at least. Now of course this is no where near as bad as that, but anything would be appreciated I am sure. A little extra loyalty points. Another day or two of a paid subscription. XP bonus hours on your terms, not the team's.
  14. Kalabourene New Member

Yes. Thank you for keeping our game alive.