BST on TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Andor, May 21, 2020.

1. Andor New Member

I'm looking for some advice from those of you familiar with the ropes in TLP.

If you had no knowledge of pet classes, and you wanted to learn to play a BST on TLP, how would you go about it? Would you start a complimentary class on the newest TLP at launch and use it to gear up and level the BST once they open, or would you go to Mangler and just start a BST and get after it? If I went with the first option, I'd probably just start a druid on one of the new TLPs. I figure that would be a decent way to start scrapping together a modest bankroll to gear the BST up.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with TLPs so I'm not sure which path would be the most productive. My eventual goal is to raid with a BST on a TLP. I don't want to box. I basically want to play one character and play it well.
  2. Telora New Member

Depends on how quickly you want to do it. Mangler you can start now but start fresh, the new servers you can’t BST for about nine months but probably can drop more gear when you do. Personally if I were doing it just for the sake of playing that class I’d probably go with the server that lets me do it now.
    Andor likes this.
  3. Sturn Augur

If you want to play TLP and get an idea of some of the spells you will use as a Bst, you can play a Shaman. Will be easy to farm gear for the Bst once the time comes. But if you just want to play a Bst and don't care about the early TLP rush then just go start one on Mangler.
    Andor likes this.
  4. sumnayin2 Augur

If you plan on boxing. Do a druid now and PL the Beastlord up at Luclin launch. Dru/Beastlord is a great combo.

If not then take Telora's advice.
    Andor likes this.
  5. Fudly Elder

I'd start on mangler. You're 8 months from being able to play the class you want on aradune/rizola. Beastlords aren't that popular. You'll be able to get in a decent guild.
    Andor likes this.
  6. Terranos Elder

+1 for having a Druid leveled up and ready to go some time before Luclin, they make excellent duo partners with a BST .
    Andor likes this.
  7. Mrjon3s Augur

So I would say start right now on mangler and try it out. They are having bonus exp starting tomorrow at noon. Its better to try it now then invest 9 months of time waiting to play a class just to figure out that you don't like it. If you do end up liking the BST and want to play it from luclin you still have 9 months to gear up a druid so you can PL yourself when luclin comes out.
    Andor likes this.
  8. Andor New Member

Thanks for all the input everyone! As strange as it sounds, I might go with "both" as Mrjon3s suggested. I could start a BST on manger now with bonus xp up and start a druid on the new TLP just to enjoy that initial rush for the first time.
  9. sumnayin2 Augur

The rush is great, back in 1999 when new servers were popping up a lot I used to just make new dwarves on each one. The starting zones were even more packed than TLPs
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Definitely get in on the new tlp. Toying around on mangler is fine, but the better experience, by a long shot, is a fresh tlp.
  11. Minpire Augur

BST ON TLP? to answer your question

Yes in luclin