EQ Weekend Exp, I'm Always at work, Working...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dezzax, May 21, 2020.

1. Dezzax Journeyman

I've been working 12 hour weekends for years. Double exp weekends are always lame for me. I have always wanted to recommend they give an exp pot or a buff for your character that suspends while logged off instead, that way the people that can't play specifically on the weekends get to enjoy some exp as well. No idea if anyone has mentioned this before but I figured I would share how I feel about it. Always wanted to say something like this but I don't want to just complain on the forums... What do yall think of a free exp pot or two or a death persisting buff that lasts lets say 12 hours vs double exp weekends?
    Fredescu and Derka like this.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

Interesting concept. Kind of like a timed vitality buff. I believe some other games have a similar concept to where the amount of exp buff you receive relates to the time you spend logged out. Up until this covid problem I always worked holiday weekends and would also miss the bonus.

Good idea. +1
  3. Broozer Augur

Credit where credit is due- you made an equitable suggestion. +1 from me too.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

How about an XP AA that only gets refreshed during the XP event & once used then is only refreshed for the next event? If you don't use it before the next XP event you lose it & it cannot be used at the same time as a regular XP event that doesn't refresh the AA or with LOTD.
    Dezzax and Daedly like this.
  5. Zamiam Augur

good idea , however it should be able to use it with LOTD cause you can use LOTD with any bonus running ..
    I like the idea though a xp AA that activates during an xp bonus weekend so if you cant log in on that weekend you can activate it when you can log in then once logged in and activated you have that 2 or 3 days of xp bonus going .. and if you dont use it by time next bonus weekend you loose it ..
    Dev's make it so
  6. Gregwarrian Journeyman

Yah, potions would let the goodwill effect you are working for reach everyone, instead of just the ones who are free to play while rubbing some nastiness in the faces of those who can't take advantage of the extra xp and reminding them of what you did that you called for some compensation in the first place.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That is some serious FOMO, no need to get so bitter about it, it is just a game after all.
  8. Pawtato Augur

Yea I’ve always thought they should build around XP weeks and not weekends. The bonus weekends are usually holidays that people are spending with their families or friends.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well definitely not versus but if you mean in addition sure. Or perhaps something awarded to accounts that have NOT logged in during the exp weekend. I wouldn't want to see a reduction in benefit for those who can make weekends but also great idea to benefit those who cannot.

Where I see an issue is DB seems to like to only do exp bonuses for special events. Holiday weekends, anniversary. It makes me wonder if they do anything special for a surge in service during those periods. Probably not but just thinking out loud.

Pluses to your idea
    Weekend workers get to enjoy the bonus.
    People don't have to pick between bonus exp versus family time on holidays
    People max exp can use the potion later at the beginning of a new expansion.

Negatives (including from daybreaks perspective)
    People max exp can use the potion later at the beginning of a new expansion
    A long weekend of exp would likely give more time overall to exp.
    Daybreak seems to prefer to give bonuses our for anniversary or special weekends or they would have more regular non holiday weekend exp bonsues.. (do they ever have those?)
    Players are forced into a 12 hour exp stint to get the most out of it.

Of course the con to exp potions that expire would be all the CS complaints from folks who try to use them after they expire.

What if they could award potions of bonus exp say of three hours duration but that would expire within a month of being handed out? Instead of one 12 hour potion give several potions of 3 hours each but that expire in a month or two weeks or whatever. Use it or lose it. That all depends if Daybreak is not stuck on the idea of having exp bonuses only during celebration periods. Even having special exp potions that expired within a week from a holiday weekend would cover most folks are are always working weekends. Having the potions expire means folks couldn't save them up for the beginning of a new expansion which I suspect daybreak would like and might be less competition for the exp potions they sell in the marketplace.
  10. enclee Augur

I would just give Franklin Teek an experience buff that he casts on people. Give it around a 3-6 hour duration.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I feel your pain. For the longest time I use to always work Weekends and missed them, only recently have I been working a job where I get the weekends off now.

These are some good suggestions. The XP potion I don't see happening though as those who don't need XP at the time will just bank them all until the next Expansion launches, and with all the various Bonuses throughout the year

I do like the buff Idea of being granted an AA that you can click when you do get a chance to play. It probably wouldn't stack with LoTD or XP potions though, so you wouldn't be able to stack them like you can the normal XP bonus. It would still be better than no bonus at all though.
  12. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

I like the idea of an XP pot, however just make them LORE so you cannot hoard a pile of them.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  13. Zamiam Augur

this is the answer to everyones problem !! would be an easy add in .. and it would reset if not used in a months time and refresh with a new bonus weekend .. everyone would have the AA and once the weekend started could activate said AA button to enact the bonus .. or wait till they were actually off work ..
    skuz has a good idea ..
    I just hope the dev's see this post ..
    and dont say it would be a waste of dev's time , cause we already know they dont mind wasting their time from the Overseer project .. (big FAIL) there