Fishing Title & Trophy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kuffs, May 21, 2020.

1. Kuffs New Member

I would like to see a fishing trophy, maybe one that evolves into a lure or fishing pole you can use to fish with. I know folks have asked before and I recognize it will probably never happen. However, is there anyway we can get the fishing title fixed? The fishing skill is the only skill that is considered a trade skill but doesn't scale to 350, nor does it have a trophy. Currently my fishing is maxed at 250 but my title is Journeyman Fisherman, not Master Artisan or Master Fisherman as are all my other maxed TS. I can only imagine this is due to the coding that defines levels by the number of your skill. Can we either revamp fishing to scale to 350 like the other TS or can we change the names for fishing skill to reflect status as a master? Sounds trivial I know, but for folks that put in the time, its an important distinction.
    Mostcus, dreadlord, Skuz and 4 others like this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'd really like to see a tradeskill Swiss Army knife make it's way into the game. It's an idea that surfaces on the boards from time to time. One single item that just mods all tradeskills by 15%. You don't even really have to raise the number. It would be super convenient to not have to keep swapping out trophies or tribute for any players that place trophies in their real estate plot.

I definitely give Ngreth credit for limiting the impact on fishing fails when it comes to making scales. What I really disliked making was Phlogiston combines. Good for 4 or 5 fails per, it was awful. The recent add, The Bone Rod (huh huh huh huh huh, yes I'm like mentally 8 yo) was certainly a welcome one as a good substitute for a Fishing Trophy. A 15% trophy would certainly help alleviate fishing combine difficulty.
    Nennius, Lannin, Skuz and 5 others like this.
  3. Nadisia Augur

I love the idea of the swiss army knife Jhenna, really.
    It would be awesome to consolidate the trophies.
    Me too :p
    Jhenna_BB and Magneress like this.
  4. Kuffs New Member

To add to that, maybe a fully evolved trophy replaces all the tools for that specific skill so I dont have to carry around 6-9 jewelry tools, 6 pottery stamps, a tackle box etc....
    Skuz, Nadisia and CatsPaws like this.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I've previously suggested introducing trophy/tribute sets for swapping like the bandolier does for weapons, since I don't really expect a Swiss Army trophy to happen.

That's wishful thinking. It would mean Ngreth would have to go back and create alternate versions of every recipe in the game that uses a tool of any kind. Sounds like a big timesink and a bloated recipe database.
  6. Tanise Elder

When you reach max fishing you'll be a Master Baiter ?
    KarmaKitty, Zaray, Kuffs and 2 others like this.
  7. Leigo You come here often?

I would really like to see a 2nd fishing quest for the bone rod. Upgrade to 10% (25 pt max).
    It's not a big upgrade but it's closer, 275 max possible skill. Could even go to to 15% (45 pt man) in a 3rd quest. Ya ya.. very wishful.
    Kuffs likes this.
  8. Kuffs New Member

It is wishful thinking, but I don't think the recipes would have to be changed, just a change to trophies to add the tool tagging. Maybe that is not how that works?
  9. Kuffs New Member

This one seems much more realistic within the realm of possibilities. I would be very happy to see this happen. Although I would prefer it aligns with the other TS. A quest to take us up to 300 and then a few more recipes to learn or something and we are back to 350 in fishing, same as all the other TS.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Not even remotely close.
    a "tool" is only an "outside of game" concept that we name things that are returned on success or failure. I have to put the item in as a component, as a success return, and as a fail return. 3 specific entries in the DB. The game itself has NO concept of a "tool". As for as the game is concerned, everything is a component. Period. The trophy would be consumed ("tools" are) then given as a NEW item, and, because of what the trophy's are, loose any evolving experience they had because it's creating a new item to give you on success or fail NOT returning the same item you put in the container.

As for the OP.
    I'm not against it, but it's also not something I've given any priority.
  11. Kuffs New Member

thank you for the response, thats a great explanation and I was way off lol. again thank you for taking the time to respond.
  12. Leigo You come here often?

Personally, I don't want the fishing skill to get too high, otherwise it may increase future trivial of combines. A small bump to reduce fails is more what I was aiming for. :)