Rollbacks?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, May 21, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Will the latest emergency patch force a rollback?

I just looted a Glowing Engraved Velium Rune! :(
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

I had just gained 3% xp on the last stage of my Rallos Zek ear... but usually, there is a rollback so idk
  3. lockjaws Augur

That's what I am seeing from nearly every post.
  4. Ninelder Augur

Guessing a repeat of last weeks theme: Rollbacks, Rollbacks, Rollbacks spiced with lots and lots of pets going poof; A Dash of Missing Characters with a pinch of Lost Anchors.
    Benito likes this.
  5. Ozadar Elder

Kiss anything you did goodbye. They'll likely patch the original baseline from the 45 hour outage and hit restart, wiping out anything you did in between.
  6. Questoften32 Augur

I knew it would go down so did not bother getting started again until the additional day it would take for bugs and crashes to be over. (like the Cinderella song says: Nobodies fool) going to go play a little eq2 now and vist what was, after all they did bother to add the island back and stuff, they tried.

A coin for the first roman who puts a house actor up for sell on the main high pop server?... and not just the damn easy to get recipe! (I have to give a male character a Virtual spouse!) Carpt is a useless prof and not lvling it to 95!

Played off and on ''brief return'' sense eq1 down.
  7. lockjaws Augur

Rollbacks likely for Rathe and Tunare, not other servers.
  8. Vrinda Augur

The problem with rollbacks is that they don't actually roll everything back to the way it was 15 minutes before. They only roll some things back, which causes a cascade of petitions regarding things that were left in a half here / half there state.

While I'm on the topic of your half here / half there states, let me ask a few questions. I seriously don't understand why I can log out for days and my pet will still be there when I come back, buffs, pet weapons and all, but when you bring your servers down 20 minutes early, making it impossible for me to camp out in an orderly fashion according to your announced schedule, why isn't it possible to restore pets that were in the lobby or some other non-combat zone? You know exactly what my pet looked like, what buffs and weapons it had, fifteen minutes earlier. So why can't you restore it back the way it was? Why can't you restore my inventory back the way it was? If I turn in a quest piece so it's no longer in my inventory, you don't restore it with the rollback, but I don't get credit for the quest completion, either.

All I ask is that you do it all one way or all the other, none of this half and half stuff.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This rollback is gonna suck for anyone who got a Deathfist Pawn illusion or Ice Encrusted loot. :(
  10. Thraine Augur

there was no rollback on povar
    Aanuvane and Thunderkiks like this.
  11. Herf Augur

Seems like no rollback on Agnarr. I just got a lvl about 20 mins before, and still have it. And the raid that the server interrupted still, now, has 6 day lockout. So that didn't get rolled back either.
  12. Aanuvane Augur

Woohoo - I had just done 180-300 JC and 55-283 pottery today on an alt. So happy to log back in and see those still there :D
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Everyone is mentioning rollbacks.
    Reminds me of this movie clip! :

Herf likes this.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

Rollbacks if they did occur should be limited to the Rathe and Tunare because of their crashes.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I have a headache just reading this nightmare haha