So Necros?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by necroaxetogrind, May 21, 2020.

1. necroaxetogrind New Member

So being as i had to be at work at 450am i didn't get a chance to test out the new dot effects. Anyone been able to play that can give me a heads up as too what to expect when i get home?
  2. Roxas MM Augur

from some short parses of guildies, it seems necro's gained some dps.... at 105 though, since i'm on phinny
  3. Mesil Lorekeeper

Gained some dps, but spells cost a lot of mana, without a bard in group + mod rod would be oom very soon. Used some magic dots/swarm pet/nuke inbetween.
  4. TeddyTen New Member

As a Necro my mana management was stellar... If I have to start sitting down and med like mages... I'm done! Not my fault mages nuke till they're empty and med for the next 3-4 fights... Just not my style... If I wanted to nuke and med I would roll a wiz or any other mana class.
  5. Revan41686 New Member

before the servers went down i went into darkness howls and made it to step 2 about half way through. Timewise i didn't gain any improvement because i was medding A LOT more. I am 111 with the snowbound and TBL stuff minus 1 ring (level 100 one still). Plus side i can kill most mobs now in 1 round of dots with pet on and swarm pets. Down side is even with blood magic, death bloom, and sitting on mount with lich going i still blow through my mana in 4-5 mobs max and have to med back up for 2-3 mins.

Maybe it was more of a update for max level necros i don't know. I still can't kill stuff fast enough in EW due to pet taking too much dmg.

So far this update really isn't that impressive. Reserve the right to change my mind at 115 though.
  6. Zynt Augur

I'm not in the best gear and I'm at 110 but I do have all mana and dot AA. Things die with significantly less dots but my mana pool feels like it's sitting on a couch surrounded by 5 pre-Luclin model Ogres. I was getting 75-85 AA per lesson at 25K ish AA in FM before the change and I got 61 today. Granted I was playing around with things, had a few things mess up my normal rotation of mobs, and some other hitches. I think that I'll average 75 ish at the top end once that's smoothed out.

You're definitely going to feel it for awhile.
  7. Starsdust New Member

Came back to the game after 8 years. With guildmates’help I made it to lvl 111 quick but found half of the mobs (esp sanarks)in FM light blue. Low in AA~9.5k)dunno if I should stay in FM for lesson for Aa or move. Haven’t checked the dmg and mana issue well yet but the obviously, we can’t use the Fire/Shadow line of spells at the same time now
  8. Revan41686 New Member

At 111 the 3 fire ones i ended up using were burning shadow (i think thats what it's called) pyre of the shadewarden and pyre of the fereth. Flashblaze no longer stacked with these and i really don't care to mess around with the rest. Other dots i honest really didn't notice them doing more damage but shadewarden almost seems broken now. It costs 12k mana (after focus) and i was getting crits for over 300k with no spire. It now hits harder than the "can level up with progression" spell i got from TBL. Other dots i tried seemed like med-large mana increases for a tiny bit more damage and they didn't even touch cytotoxic wounds for mana/damage increase. Forgot to mention I have about 17.5-7k AA.
  9. Elendieal Journeyman

If the mage pet isn't the group tank, and the mage is down a whole fight, the mage needs to go back to mage school.
    Yaze and Mizterio like this.
  10. Revan41686 New Member

Are the mages the ones that have no purpose other than summoning me pet items? :p
  11. kizant Augur

Nuke and med? I think you're lost. This isn't the TLP forums.
    IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  12. topple good idea generator

Was considering going necro on Mangler but have some questions for the more experienced players:

1. About what level did the necro issue of having to load multiple sets of dots to be competitive start?

2. Does this change they made have any impact on the TLP necros in the 65+ range?

3. Does this change have any impact on the epic 2.0 being glued to the necro's hand forever and ever and ever and ever?

Thank you for any input you have. :)
  13. Silu Elder

1. During raids? Always. If you are talking grouping/kiting, its always been a balance trying to figure the least amount of spells you have to cast in order to kill something inside of your snare duration.

2. Nope, not yet (outside of some very small changes on lower level spells).

3. Nope. Higher priced DoTs still need to crit/overcrit.
  14. Gardolar New Member

Well this makes me sad. I was looking forward to getting back into the game but the biggest appeal was not having to worry about mana all the time. With the deathbloom nerf back in the day and now Fire swift doesnt stack with other fire dots...i mean wtf? then another dot cost 12k mana are u kidding me? This was a very bad idea as far as a revamp goes. I am not excited at all anymore.
  15. Voktar Journeyman

I always loved the necro class, i played one to 60 when Kunark was recent (took me 2 years to level one).

But after many years, the one thing that was keeping me out of the necro class was the need to constantly switching spell sets to be competitive in a raid situation.

I'm ok with the constant button smash fest the current EQ has evolved, and the dozens of AAs, clickies, and such, but i was hopping the need to swap spells sets after this patch was negated so i could try again the necro as my main.

So are you telling me, that after the current DoT rewamp and the increase of 4 more spell slots necros still need to reload spell sets to swap DOTs while they are fighting?

I'm ok to swap spell sets to counter a different combat situation, not so much to just for DPS.
  16. strongbus Augur

Think this is just the 1st pass. They didn't do all the dot lines at once. over the next few patch it be done. so have to wait and see how it works out.
    Voktar likes this.
  17. Xatt Journeyman

I run a couple necros in my group. After 10 giants in kael was down to 50% with no sitting. I started using mana tap to help out the group and it made a noticeable improvement.