Is it safe to log in on merged servers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, May 21, 2020.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

On merged servers reading problems with shared banks, bazaar mules, items & plat etc. Is it safe to log in? A bit worried about losing my stored items & platinum. Based on these issues EQ servers, in the past, have been brought down for a fix usually resulting in a time warp.

Any feedback from those who are on merged servers?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. Palloma New Member

I have three accounts, all on FV. All three shared banks are empty of items and platinum. I have /petitioned, just in case, but I'm hoping that as Dreamweaver mentions the issue, they are working on it. /itemoverflow does nothing. My trader appears to be okay, though with the amount of stuff she has, it's difficult to tell if anything is missing.
  3. MasterMooCow New Member

In my opinion, no. It sounds like there are a few different issues going on that I think may require more downtime. I would not start on anything meaningful in fear of a rollback.
    Moege and Nadisia like this.
  4. Zamiam Augur

I'm not on a merged server but rathe just went down and the others prolly not far behind ..

I would wait to log in because I predict a roll back coming :(
  5. Nadisia Augur

Same as the cow just above me. ;)
    I'm on Vox, and atm, 4 shared banks of our 6 accounts are ... having a walk in the fields (with my goat maybe o_O ), my friend list is empty, the chat channels are dead, and so on.

So I will not say that it's safe.

I bet on another «unscheduled scheduled downtime».

Sturmere, gimme my money back !!!! ... and my undies :p
  6. enclee Augur

I don’t have any confidence in them, so I’d give them until Tuesday.
  7. Slingdeath New Member

It is not even save to log in after a normal patch/maintenance. It may not be safe to log in for days following this mess. I know they are trying, but would it not make more sense to do the update, then wait a week or so to do the server merger?
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I did a quick log in on FV with my 2 main accounts. Everything appears to be there. My plat and shared bank seemed ok. I didn't have time to check my housing.

What was odd, there were 100's of bodies in the corpse summoning area in the GL.
  9. Errekose New Member

I've 2 accounts and whilst one is fine the other has no plat and an empty shared bank. With regard to the corpses in GL, from what I understand these are duplicates from previous rezzed deaths and people have been receiving xp when getting re-rezzed to clear them. With that in mind I'd be shocked if all servers affected were not rolled back.

They've made quite a few adjustments this patch across various aspects of the game so best to let them sort through any issues before starting anything meaningful. If you just want to enjoy a game you love to play and don't mind losing whatever progress or items you might make over the next 24hrs or so then log in and have fun. Let's hope this is all back to normal soon.
  10. svann Augur

Its not safe even on unmerged servers. I saw people with 5 corpses in the lobby. Something horrible is prowling the zones!
  11. blogget New Member

not sure about merged servers, but luclin had literally hundreds of bodies laying around in the gl, took my merc a dozen rezzes on mine before it stopped lol
  12. Elyee Lorekeeper

"

All EverQuest Live Servers are currently being brought offline on Thursday, May 21, 2020 for an emergency update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 3 hours.

Updates or changes to this downtime will be posted in the thread below. We apologize for the inconvenience.

"
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

doesn't matter if you don't log your stuff will either be there or gone. one of my accounts shared banks bags were gone but my main account was untouched.

Andarriel
    Yinla likes this.