IS Boxer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celephane Augur

Never happened, not one single time. I've seen every single you've said to anyone being accusatory about such things, no matter what they said. You are the troll, you are the one attempting to deflect each and every time with your attacks.... but whatever, you newb, just carry on with your meaningless diatribe until you fall into your ignorant blissful slumber of stupidity
    Nadisia likes this.
  2. Tearsfall Softly New Member

Duder, Prepared and Celephane like this.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Yikes. I 3box (no extra software at all) WAR/WIZ/RNG + 2 healer + 1 melee DPS merc. I don't think I even hit 500k dps on a full burn at lvl 114. I've failed Griklor like 6 times because I can't burn him or the adds down fast enough. The sheer concept of being able to do 1.5 mil dps in group gear is unfathomable to me.
  4. Dracolindus Journeyman

As a raid geared paladin tanking Griklor, I routinely hit 800k dps on him by myself, coming up with another 400k or so isnt too tough.
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. Pusur New Member

Well considering DBGs lacking reaction to the afk-auto-bot-farm-groups running/warping around ToV T1 zones on AB for weeks stealing peoples namers despite numerous petitions and complaints id say anything is pretty much allowed atm. Lets call it a silent consent:p
    Just my 2cp.
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Izzemelon New Member

Well, with a little pay-to-win "ingenuity" via ISB, you too can enjoy the capability to do more with 6 toons than most people can with 2.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I've got hope beyond merit that the GM trial they're using for the Aradune TLP is utilizing a new set of tools that will be rolled out to live servers to combat the bots. Bots don't bother me all that much because they're not that common on Bristlebane and because I don't care about the economy all that much, but it's still a bit disheartening to log on every night, put in a lot of work on your character and see the same bot at the same camps 24/7 for weeks.

It really wouldn't take that much effort to make botting unprofitable on live. The amount of investment you need to buy accounts, level up and gear to bot in ToV is so huge that losing a team would erase weeks of profit.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Pot meet kettle.. 1st offender was you. It made me laugh so I quoted it .. then praised your skill..

Try an keep up.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Good lord do you do anything other then attack people on the threads Celephane ?

This is a legit question, because reading all your posts in this thread almost every one of them is attacking some one else ..
  10. Whulfgar Augur

When you are fighting with this many people on 1 thread ..

There is literally only 1 thing in common with all those insults to / from you .. Its you..

At some point people have to hold themselves accountable for the way they instigate fights with others they try to portray themselves as the "innocent" or the "righteously right" person ..

Perhaps for you that time is now?
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Good luck bud.
  12. Angahran Augur

Wrong.
    The person is operating all instances.
    The person presses a button, something happens.
    The person does not press a button, nothing happens.
    Mybag, Duder, Prepared and 3 others like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

FWIW, WoW has a fairly coherent boxing / automation definition where whatever you use is OK as long as it's:

one key press = one action PER character

Such that macro that you activate that casts two abilities on one character is NOT ok, but one key that sends commands to two characters is OK.
    Vumad likes this.
  14. Angahran Augur

That would mean that EQ multibind would count as 'automation' or any social macro that does more than one thing.
  15. Tucoh Augur

WoW has some kind of social macro (It's been a while....) that counts as "one action".
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

I parsed a single zerker on Tjoly at 2 million DPS and a single Wizard on a different go at 1 million DPS.

Meanwhile my raid ENC burns at 300k DPS, 450k DPS with other aDPS (bard, etc) while my mage who has no DPS AA in T1 ToV armor is only burning around 200k DPS.

Unfortunately the group you have has absolutely no synnergy / adps and will not even come close to a group that is 100% DPS / aDPS focused. WAR / SHM / BRD / ZRK x3 only doing 1.5 million DPS is weak. Nothing against Tuco but if that were 6 real players maxed on AA and raid armor they could in theory get up into the 8 million DPS range on a burst.

His DPS compared to yours is not because of ISB because your group wouldn't reach anything close to that if you had 3 real people playing. Maybe, just maybe, your wizard could bump up those numbers, but there is a huge discrepancy in the numbers I see from casters. I don't know if it is an issue of gear, AA, synergy or performance because the disparity is just huge. At the end of the day, ZRK are in a great spot.
    Llayenie likes this.
  17. Llayenie New Member

It was me that mentioned 1.5mdps - nothing to do with Tucoh's team, just an estimation from experience of what you'd need to dish out at a minimum to turn Griklor into a Pinata.

But yes, synergy between characters is key to high group dps.
    Whulfgar and Vumad like this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Once I resub this fall I'll see what I can get against Griklor but I probably wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than 3million DPS. Which isn't that impressive because it just means I've hit a bunch of burns, got Griklor with Funeral Dirge and then hit dissident rage + heroic blade + rampage + a dozen other abilities at the same time.

Back when I played around with ADPS stacking and Dissident Rage I think my best combined damage with rk4 dissident rage was 6.7 million damage. Multiple that by 3x and add in everything else and well, you can get silly numbers if you get the timing right.

Being able to blow up a mob under controlled situations is fun and gets high numbers, but it's really about how well you can perform under pressure that matters to me. To this day I'm more proud of getting the Fireproof achievement than anything else, despite it being a sloppy and low-DPS performance :D

Whulfgar and enclee like this.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

What is a shame about this video is people see it and go OMG, ISB is da Hax, you have advantages cuz automationz omgz.

When the truth is there are just way too many people who can't function as a team or follow basic directions like don't stand in the giant red circle.

People really need to be self aware, self reflective and open enough to criticism to say, wait, if that one guy can coordinate 6 characters, why can't 6 people do it? And the unfortunate answer is that one person giving 100% is more than 6 people giving 15%.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Alena Elder

like I sad - and I even didn't need to read this answer but I did. You exactly proof my statement.

Your personal view of the world. Your personal view of what is intended. Your personal view of what is FUN! This is the purest set of arrogancy to even pretend to know what the meaning of FUN is for others...

The funny thing is that you are not Darkpaw/DGB, you don't define ANYTHING like NOT SINGLE PLAYER defines ANYTHING how this game is played. Only the company and the people who enforcing whichever rules are present, are the ONLY ones who can say, what is intended. The last guys on earth who can pretend that they see into the heads of the people selling that game are the people who always want THEIR way seen as the ultimate way. It is not intended, it is YOUR PERSONAL view of YOUR PERSONAL TRUTH of YOUR WORLD. Like I have my view of it. It may even be partly the same, but like YOU don't see the color red like I do despite we both would call it red (medical fact) is the same like your world does not cope with mine or anyone else's. Only a part may be perhaps the same. And I don't tell you my opinion for that video because as long as this guy does not disturb my gameplay, I personally don't give a .... about his gameplay and his way of having fun.

I would not only call it a slight notion of arrogance but I add ignorance to it - to ignore peoples own world, fun or whatever in addition - to know other peoples thoughts while your are only a consumer, not the seller or maker of this game. At the moment it is clear what the "intend" is and that is only and ONLY up to DGB/Darkpaw - you may like it or not.

So stop pretend to know what others think and stop putting your world view on others.
    It is neither an ultimate rule nor a law - it is only you opinion!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.