Monk - Eagle's Poise vs. Tiger's Poise

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sabrefist-, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Sabrefist- Journeyman

Has anyone parsed these 2 out yet and figured out which is better in terms of DPS?

Haven't gotten around to it myself. Any data/thoughts?
  2. Lisard Silly

use tiger poise until you max the aa

Punch Mastery
    Focus: Dragon's Balance

once you max them, use Eagle's Poise
  3. Kontra Augur

Even with max AA, I feel like I'm going to have to parse out the difference between the two to believe Eagle's would be a dps increase over Tiger's. Tiger Claw has the dmg mods on gear/augs, whereas Eagle Strike doesn't, but Eagle Strike does have the built-in passive occasional endurance return proc. Either way, it'd be minimal, as these are long reuse.
  4. Monkman Augur

I’m confused
  5. Sabrefist- Journeyman

Pourquoi?
  6. Monkman Augur

Because multiple people are talking about completely different things.

Auto skill abilities:

Tiger Claw
    Eagle Strike

Disciplines:

Tiger’s Poise
    Eagle’s Poise
  7. Sabrefist- Journeyman

I think the discussion is arising because Tiger's Poise gives you a chance to attack with an additional Tiger Claw attack, whereas Eagle's Poise gives you a chance to attack with an additional Eagle Strike attack. So it's not really clear which is higher DPS as Tiger Claw is higher DPS than Eagle Strike traditionally.
  8. Monkman Augur

9. Sabrefist- Journeyman

I'm pretty sure it isn't a direct upgrade, though. It's an actual additional Tiger Claw attack for Tiger's Poise and Eagle Strike for Eagle's Poise.

1: Eagle Strike Attack for 553 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    Executes a %S attack of base damage #1 against your target.

1: Tiger Claw Attack for 527 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    Executes a %S attack of base damage #1 against your target.

Also evidenced by the fact that the only reason my Eagle's Strike is now maxed is due to using Eagle's Poise a few times.
  10. Lisard Silly

so ran some parses on test just to refresh my own memory. I reset my AA to Zero lol and was slowly adding in aa's to check.

Punch Mastery does not affect the minimum dmg of the Poise line of disciplines. (for some reason i thought it did, but then again they changed that line since TDS) my bad for adding to the confusion with this one =P

The Skill Damage Mods also do NOT work on the Discipline either.

on test its max normal hits:

Tiger's Poise III = 10380

Eagle's Poise II = 10628

only things that actually increase the damage of these *Disciplines is Attack, Strength (Hstr), Dex (Hdex), Focus: Dragon's Balance AA line

Cheers~
  11. Kontra Augur

If skill dmg mods for tiger claw on gear aren't working for the additional tiger claw attacks generated from our tiger's poise line, it's more than likely a bug. The only reason I was considering sticking with Tiger's Poise was because of this, due to Tiger Claw attacks historically being our hardest hitting punch autoskill. I'm having 0 issues with endurance currently so the endurance return passive proc hasn't been a factor, but that may change with some of the long raids coming soon.

Also, what Sabrefist said is correct. The initial post was about which Poise to use, and it boils down to which line of extra procs you want during your burn basically. I was always using TC because of the skill dmg mods, which I'm now being told don't affect the procs on Poise line. When I said it really doesn't matter, its because these Poise lines have such long reuse timers and are so close in terms of proc damage output that the actual dps disparity is quite small regardless of what you pick.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Txranger New Member

I've been told by numerous monks that Dragon's Balance is still higher dps than tiger or eagle and they still use it
  13. Astral64 Augur

14. feeltheburn Augur

No
  15. Lisard Silly

[IMG]
    svann likes this.
  16. Jaedo Journeyman

The thing I've been going back and forth on is what do I pair it with Terrorpalm or Speedfocus? but I think this is wrong? Maybe I should pair it with just Speedfocus cas of the extra melee attacks? Or pair it with ironfist because it adds dmg to the extra attack? Now I am arguing my way into having to parse it to to find out /sigh