Are those ToV drums worth farming?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by bortage, Apr 25, 2020.

1. bortage spammin lifetaps

So my bard's got T2 group gear in every slot except for a crafted mainhand, percussion 26 from the gloves, the drums from ToV have percussion 35 and that 30% bard melee damage effect, I run 4 dots in my "I am just killing mobs look at me go" melody but they do drop off for a couple seconds every few melody cycles due to dissident coming off cooldown, how long would my dots have to tick for to be able to mathematically justify ditching my offhand for the drums? I don't know how to math this out and I haven't been able to find anyone who actually has the drums, anyone got some data?
  2. Szilent Augur

Drum focus does not stack with type3 aug focus. If you're using those, the drum is redundant.
    minimind and bortage like this.
  3. bortage spammin lifetaps

That's super disappointing, thanks!
  4. Dhurgan Augur

5. Cuuthbert Augur

Just go get Selo's Drum of the March from the Naggy HH raid. Easy raid really and it has same effect with no cool down timer
    Funky and svann like this.
  6. Rrowzing Journeyman

If you are root-DoTing then probably since then you would run an 8 DoT melody.
    If you don't have the earlier drum that gives Chaos Chant then yes for the clicky.

I recall that bard focus caps out around 26 once you have all the relevant AAs completed, so the 35 raid focus is likely meaningless.
  7. Nniki Augur

Instrument and Singing Mastery add 0.8, so one can find the max worn mod needed by subtracting that value from the mod cap on the song.

So, for ToV chants...
    Rank 1 = 3.2 - 0.8 = 2.4
    Rank 2 = 3.4 - 0.8 = 2.6
    Rank 3 = 3.6 - 0.8 = 2.8

If you have 2.6 on gloves (+0.8 = 3.4), you're covered for max mod on rank 2 chants at least.

ToV Rank 2
    Non-Crit Value = 4465 Base Damage * (1 + 3.4 Max Mod) * (1 + 4.5 Max Improved Chants) = 108053
    Crit Value = 108053 Non-Crit Value * (1 + 2.9 Max Destructive Cascade) = 421407

ToV Rank 3
    Non-Crit Value = 4688 Base Damage * (1 + 3.6 Max Mod) * (1 + 4.5 Max Improved Chants) = 118607
    Crit Value = 118607 Non-Crit Value * (1 + 2.9 Max Destructive Cascade) = 462567
  8. Tertoon3 Journeyman

So, is the math the same then for songs such as Aria, Arcane, War March, etc? Would they be max power using 2.6 mod from group gear if you were maxed on instrument/signing AA's?

Another question, is it worth holding on to old raid gear (from EoK) for the higher instrument mods, or is it better to get the stats with ToV gear, especially if the song would be max power even with the lower instrument mod?
  9. Nniki Augur

There is a bit more complexity to it. The pattern for mod cap progression across ranks shown above is common but is not consistent with all songs. For instance, some songs may simply use the same mod cap across all ranks. If you are looking to do the math, it's best to look up the song in question from a site that provides that spell data. Additionally, not all values from a song may be modifiable nor do all effects on a song use the same calculation in determining their pre-modified value. Here is a post that notes some of what does and does not get modified.

As long as you're not using any rank 3 songs, the modifiers on group armor along with instrument/singing mastery 4+ should be sufficient. If you are using rank 3 songs, it may be worth wearing that older piece of raid armor if survivability does not become an issue for you in doing so.
  10. Megazen Elder

This is why I drink so much when I play EQ. Spell data=more wine.