Bard - Molo? Must Do Quest? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, May 20, 2020.

1. hein Augur

Ok, I am having some luck getting some groups with higher levels in FM. My bard is currently level 96 and I've made a few friends. I have always boxed but then get bored. It's also easier financially just to focus on one character.

What about those times when play time might be limited and or I can't find a group?
    Is there a decent way to Molo exp as a bard?
    What are must do quest for a bard of my level? I have done the epic 1.0 and about 80% through the 1.5.
    What are some gear items that are a MUST farm? Doable in the 90's of course.

thank you!
  2. Tuco Augur

Soloing/Moloing as a bard is like eating salt by the spoon. Sure, salt is great, but it's really for improving other food.

Get yourself some meat to put that salt on, bud. A plate tank is best, but a beastlord/mage is good too.

Or work harder to get regular groups. Make some buddies, schedule some playtimes, get in a big guild, be social. It'll get easier as you level.
    Nadisia likes this.
  3. Nadisia Augur

This one deserves the Aphorism Of the Day Award, it's so true ;).

Bard is an awesome class, really ... but for soloing/moloing, probably not.
  4. hein Augur

What about Druid? I also have a 97 Druid. Which one would be the best to make a career out of. Grouping, raiding and moloing when needed.
  5. Cadira Augur

Both classes are very rare and very powerful for raid guilds. Both classes are highly valuable for raid guilds for this reason. The difference is, the cap for druids is much lower (3-4 unless you can dps like a mofo) where the cap for bards is like 6-9 and virtually never reached (unless you're rote! Bard hoarding bastards!). But very few guilds would turn down either I imagine.

Playing a bard is usually a lot less eventful than a druid but if easy/boring is your thing than maybe that's right up your alley. Druids on the other hand have to keep their group alive and are capable of hitting top 5 on a lot of parses if they play their cards right.

In group game, druids probably solo fairly well? Think bards can do some fancy stuff but it's probably slower moving.either way, you're probably going to have a lot more fun in a group as always. I imagine bards are more sought after for group content as druid healing is pretty bad all things considered and their group game dps seems pretty lackluster in my experience
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

as a bard main, yes we can solo/molo.. I do it when life is stressing me and I just need to play EQ and not stress if I kill other people by screwing up.

it's definitely more fun to be a bard in a group situation. as for things you need to get
    Finish your 2.0 you can do it in a day.
    a clickie tash .. The Dark Lady in Plane of Shadows drops The Lady's Entreaty, and it's not instant, but it has a decent range, so you can click it, and duck around a corner out of sight and it will still work.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=111238
    Cuuthbert and Tuco like this.
  7. Cuuthbert Augur

3 other clickies I recommend for any bard
    1) Breath of Harmony - Drops off of Blood Chottal in Sebilis - insta click for Song Nivs Melody of preservation
    2) Darkened Breath of Harmony - Drops off of Blood Chottal in Hardcore heritage Sebilish - Insta Clicky for Dobben Spry Sonata Rk II
    3) Lute of Flowing Waters - Drops from Grioihin The Wise in Corinav - Wind of Mar insta clikcy - Can get Frost inlaid Lute of Boreal Winds which is Erollisi's Catana Rank 3, but is a very rare drop from the frost crypt raids.

These basically give you 3 free extra songs without interrupting your melody

Highly Recommend for Pulling
    Selo's Drum of the march and or Staff of Viral Flux - I have both on the same pull key along with Possessed Dreadstone Minstrel's Rapier - which does a form of Slow/cripple (must complete ROF progression)

These are just a few of the clickies I use on regular basis for my bard, and it may seem like a lot but will give you a few items to hunt down over time. Hint Darkened Breath of Harmony will be available to farm in a couple of weeks.
  8. hein Augur

Can you detail how do you perform the molo? just go find LB mobs? Your comment has been very helpful. Thank you!
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I'm not the best moloing bard I know many who are far better than I at it. I'm a good group bard. but I can pop my cleric merc, and kill DB and white fairly decently.. a yellow mob means I better have all AA off cooldown and ready to use..
    OH! and the COP 4 clickie from plane of war.
  10. Cuuthbert Augur

Moloing a bard, is going to be with a cleric merc obviously. So depending on your gear you are going to have to find mobs you can tank, and use some songs that improve your ac some, or go old school and find mobs that don't summon and enough room to kite them. You could try some older zones like Valley of Lunanyn. Or check out Teek HOT zone missions. You are going to have to figure out what you can take for a beating. If those mobs are easy move up to a more difficult zone and see how it goes.
  11. code-zero Augur

12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

also at 96, if you are looking for relevant type 3 augs, go do LDONs and get some of the 20ATK augs.
  13. svann Augur

You could swarm kite the treants in FM. Gather a bunch, charm one, send it to attack the rest, break charm with invis then chant it down the last few percent. Just an option. I tried it and didnt find it all that fun tbh.

Or you could get a 2nd account and box. With 2 healer mercs you can tank most non-named, and with a wizard box stuff dies quicker.
  14. Rrowzing Journeyman

I have done all Hunters/mercenary/partisan achievements since Alaris using a 3 box of Bard+healer, Druid+tank, Cleric+Caster. The cleric is used for buffs and hitpoint Aura (and the rare emergency heal). The druid is added dps and emergency heals and transportation. The bard is the puller, dps, and emergency tank when the merc dies. The Bard/Druid combo is sufficient for much of the content.

If you want effortless mode while waiting for a fun real people group, you can always just find mobs that can be rooted and don't summon. Then the Bard+Druid DoTs make easy work of the mobs. When you get enough Bard DoT AAs, and you get into the 111+ DoT arena, the bard dot damage goes WAY UP. In ToV it was not even worth spending much energy casting the druid dots, I would just load up 7 on the bard and kill effortlessly.