How hard will it to find a group on Rizlona with the potential that most people will be boxing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TonyT, May 20, 2020.

1. TonyT New Member

I just wonder if most people will be boxing entire groups.
  2. Lionari Elder

I will be boxing an entire group. However I know there are many boxing 2 - 3.

Nevertheless, group boxers like myself will often drop one of their boxes in order to allow solo players into their groups.

TL;DR
    You won't have much trouble finding groups at launch!
    Magneress likes this.
  3. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Most of the people I've talked to on Rizlona are not boxing more than 3.
    Magneress likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its boxing friendly but not boxing exclusive. And given the sheer popularity of launches I think you're going to be fine getting groups.

Foaming also mentioned an interesting point in that launches are typically stability nightmares. If nobody can log into aradune for 5 hours then some will probably just play on rizlona, even if temporarily.
    Foaming likes this.
  5. Gremin Augur

Also getting all their box team online at once will be a nightmare initially, so a lot of players will just play what they can get in and group up. 2 of the guilds I know for sure are mains first, so look to those for groups also.
    Magneress likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

My wife and I between us will be boxing a group but will also gladly drop out boxes for mains from our guild that need a group.
    Magneress likes this.
  7. Basak Augur

I will be boxing a full group just not from the start, at best I will start off with 2-3 since groups will be plentiful, I can just PL my other accounts at a later time as needed.
  8. Mrjon3s Augur

I plan on duoing and a lot of my buddies were saying they were gonna duo or trio.
    Magneress likes this.
  9. Vegaroth Obscura New Member

I never did read the specifics, is it still a Truebox or are they allowing traditional boxing this time around? It doesn't really change anything for me aside from if my laptop is setup next to me or not. I'll be doing two because I tend to end up struggling to find a healer or tank so I usually end up boxing both with a main focus on my healer, usually a Cleric.
  10. Protagonist Tank

After the initial week 1 dogpile sorts itself out, expect it to be similar to max level grouping on live - If you pester someone directly and ask to join their box group, they'll usually let you in, but there will be little to no spontaneous grouping.

Riz allows unlimited box armies on a single machine. Aradune is truebox, two chars max per human.
  11. Machen New Member

Rizlona is not truebox.
  12. Tripps New Member

Most of the people I know going to Riz are boxing 6-12.
  13. mark Augur

myself and a friend will be lvl a mage and a druid first and then the rest of the team.
    Magneress likes this.
  14. Alakshak Journeyman

I would say of the people I've met so far planning to start on Rizlona the average is probably somewhere in the 3box ballpark at first. Some are doing a full group, myself included, but I also know a couple who only plan on leveling 1 at first. Everyone else falling somewhere between.

The vast majority of the people I've spoken to about Rizlona have really expressed the desire to be able to box when it makes sense. Some starting with 1 will add to it eventually and the same with people starting with more. The majority of people on Rizlona simply refuse to be locked into a purist's idea of what Everquest is. Playing a single character at release is perfectly fine but 2 years from now when the server is well past PoP being forced to play an arbitrary number of characters is just silly.

Most people on launch will not be playing a full group. You should not have too much difficulty finding a group or boxing partner. I highly suggest you look into the guilds currently declaring for Rizlona to ease the process of finding people to play with.
    Foaming, Machen and Magneress like this.
  15. Magneress Augur

The reason I would play Rizlona is that it isn't true box. I can hardly keep up with two characters at a time.
    Foaming likes this.
  16. Excruciator_Test New Member

I think most people that plan on playing more than 1 char are going to be on Rizlona. Who wants to buy/maintain/deal with another computer when they can just use 1 on Rizlona with the added benefit of being able to add more boxes if they ever want to.

I am going to play on Rizlona and probably box a whole group. Maybe not at first so I can group with my friends/make new ones but once Velious hits I will be up to 6 and then sit my boxes out when i feel like grouping up.

Rizlona will be amazing! Once it gets later in the game, it will be the only live server with normal boxing rules that has the AoC. That's where it is what gives this server its big luster for me. Anyone will be able to go to old world zones and get whatever item they have been trying to get for however long once those items become groupable. (click effects, tradeskill mods, dropable twink loot, no drop twink loot, epic 1.0 etc. .) Rizlona is a live server in the making done the right way due to full boxing and AoC. People talk up Aradune but man, Rizlona is the winner as far as I am concerned.

Also, to the PoP quitters and GoD haters. Give it a shot! GoD is actually amazing now that they have fixed everything (the live launch of it was a massive messy failure) and now it is one of my very fav expansions. It is actually a challenge and lots of the loot doesn't get trivialized by group content until 4 or 5 expansions later. Imo the game gets much more fun at GoD and beyond.
    Sithil, Foaming and Pawtato like this.
  17. breezycheeks New Member

Rizlona will attract the software boxers, a different crowd than Trueboxers. Software boxers will play 24+ clients per machine and will be likely warping, botting and using a handful of other hacks. This is why the penalty for cheating on Rizlona is much more severe. Daypaw doesn't trust this group of players who haven't played a TLP server since Ragefire and Lockjaw, before truebox code. These are the players who were participating in the "secret Holly Windstalker discord chat". Rizlona is a server specifically made for them and will be entirely controlled by them.

Daypaw expects the solo players AND Trueboxers to play on Aradune. Daypaw created the Trueboxer and they need a home. Trueboxers shouldn't be forced to retire all of their machines and convert into a software boxer, doing everything from a single machine and likely using the other features the software offers.

This is why Aradune allows 2-boxing but maintains the Truebox code with huge loopholes. Anyone who has previously invested into a second machine (or more) for boxing will still be rewarded with a significant advantage over the single boxer. The dedicated 6-month GM's will be primarily be investigating players using software to automate gameplay. They will not likely be responding to the avalanche of false reports regarding boxing violations on Aradune.

To summarize: everyone should play on Aradune unless you have specific software that allows an army of clients from a single machine.
  18. Eilad Lorekeeper

This troll :)

Rizlona will have all kind of people, and if some want to box 24+ well then good for them, they can kill their own raidboss in AoC instance.
    Rizlona is not where the krono farm crowd is, i expect this server to be very chill actually.

A lot of people will box less than a group, while they may not be actively looking, there will be plenty room for solo or even people duo boxing.
    Sithil and Magneress like this.
  19. Magneress Augur

I feel like Rizlona will attract less competitive gamers and people and that is fine by me.
    Foaming likes this.
  20. Mybag Journeyman

you playing on both servers?