I vote against server mergers in the near future.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, May 20, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This server merging process is insane.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yes I vote for nomore tlp servers.

Andarriel
    Tygart, Yinla and bucktoof like this.
  3. cadres Augur

Always was. Let people vote to merge their servers if they want - and ensure they, and only they, are affected
    Fian and Benito like this.
  4. Framinal New Member

This is beyond ridiculous
    Zee_Rex likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

True. Though, at that point, the next set of server mergers will probably include all other Live servers (Xegony, Luclin, Bertox, Bristlebane, Tunare, Povar, Emarr, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Rathe).
  6. Cuuthbert Augur

This is a democracy, wow and I did not get my voter registration card
    minimind and Benito like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Mail-in ballots means voter fraud! :cool:
  8. Mbaku New Member

Why not make test copies of the servers. Merge them. Work out the bugs. Then apply it to the actual live servers? Actually have this all planned out?
    Fian likes this.
  9. Prepared Lorekeeper

Resources and time. That's why. They're doing the best they can with what they have.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Tarvas like this.
  10. Cuuthbert Augur

Actually we all get a vote, we vote with our dollars. Which to some means a license to whine relentlessly. Is DB business model perfect? I don't know, have never worked there. What is their profit margin? Not sure but I don't think it is very high. I do believe though that they do have a vision, the developers do care about putting out a quality product and I do believe the developers and technicians right now are feeling the pressure of wanting to do this in a timely manner out of pride in their work with the tools that they do have.

As to how I vote, I will continue to play and if a day like this comes again and I am sure it will, I will get more of my house cleaned out, go for another swim in that accursed sun.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. cadres Augur

Once upon a time, probably when 24 hour camps for J Boots were still a thing, I remember taking part in a poll re server mergers
    (I was not on the winning side)
    In fact, I remember quite a few polls.
    Shame that has (long!) been discontinued
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Those polls weren't binding though.
    cadres likes this.
  13. Ronove Lorekeeper

There are enough TLP servers! Bring back FV rules with only 1 toon per account!
  14. Ronove Lorekeeper

translate it to Chinese
  15. Laronk Augur

I vote for one server to rule them all, well except FV because F them and leave TLP alone I guess.
  16. Natal Augur

If a TLP server reaches end of life, just give the characters on it a transfer token and let them go to a server of their choice.
  17. Natal Augur

They are going to have to deal with it anyway. It is best not to PO your customer base unnecessarily by using them as alpha guinea pigs.
  18. mikey anchorage Journeyman

You have a company worth a lot of money, try allocating resources to the proper areas. Or sell the companmy who isnt going to underfund it into the ground so EVERYONE loses.
  19. Dracolindus Journeyman

With all the posts whining about the downtimes, maybe they should make a subforum for all these thread. While theyre at it, make them a server that never gets updated so they never again have to deal with the tragic loss of play time.
  20. Fian Augur

We do need server merges on live servers too, so I definitely don't want to vote that this is the only merge. However, they shouldn't hold all servers hostage when a few are merging.