IS Boxer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vumad Cape Wearer

Stay on topic and stop making direct personal attacks or the devs are going to lock the thread.
    Whulfgar and enclee like this.
  2. enclee Augur

We got like 12 more hours before this thread gets locked.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Very well said.
  4. Midasa Elder

Pressing 1 key on one EQ instance, then having another program send that key (or a series of keys based on that single key press) to other EQ instances sure seems like automation to me. The person is operating 1 EQ instance. The program I S B is operating the other EQ instances.

Granted it doesn't intercept client-server data, as some have stated is the true definition of cheating and against the EULA, but it seems like people in this thread are arguing about what automation is so here is Merriam-Webster's definition.
    Definition of automation
    1 : the technique of making an apparatus, a process, or a system operate automatically
    2 : the state of being operated automatically
    3 : automatically controlled operation of an apparatus, process, or system by mechanical or electronic devices that take the place of human labor
    kizant and bucktoof like this.
  5. Celephane Augur

No, that was you, multiple times, you are THEE offender here
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Is this a GIF vs. JIF situation? Since it is Gimagukk's Incantatory Notation Apparatus maybe you have to say it as those letters should be pronounced or you have to get the guy that made it to tell you how to say it?

However this gets resolved..since I got Gnomish Incantatory Notation Apparatus stuck in my head at some point, I will call her Neena and have her speak to me with the voice of Kate Beckinsale. My mind cannot be changed.
  7. Tappin Augur

Well this thread is well on the way to being locked...
    Celephane likes this.
  8. bucktoof Journeyman

Thank you Midasa, you kinda spelled out what i've been trying to say all day on this topic but you said it all a little more succinctly than i was able to. It is absolutely against the EULA and I've said in previous messages I hope they're all banned for using ISB, including Tuco. The amount of window dressing these people have tried (and failed to provide) is astounding. They must all be on Lavish Software's payroll
  9. enclee Augur

So funny.
  10. Celephane Augur

I have no clue who you really are, but from what I've seen so far, you are a horrible person. Every single thing you've said so far in the threads I've read has been caustic. Why are you like this?
  11. Brosa Augur

Sorry but I just started reading this thread and had to stop almost immediately. Because its preposterous.

Is it "ok" ... well no of course not.

Comparing research websites to automating programs is ridiculous. Admitting that its ok because it makes your game playing experience easier and visually stimulating does not make it "ok"

Whether or not all the companies that have owned the rights to EQ (and others) have not squashed the 3rd party program industry does not mean they condone it. All hail capitalism!

I personally dont give a $#!T when people use them until it effects my game-play/progression/experience. Like when someone rolls into take over a camp with their automated 2-36 box crew. Yep it actually happened.
    Celephane likes this.
  12. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

The thing you are missing is that is not how key pressing works. Microsoft has an implementation that when you hit a key it is passed to the active window. What ISB does is take your key press and has the ability to broadcast it to the windows you specify.
  13. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

/tinfoil hat on

A for profit company not banning a paying customer who happily pays for two or more accounts that they want to play simultaneously is the real conspiracy. They really should do a full investigation into exactly how everyone is pressing their keys! The integrity of the game demands it.
    Metanis and Vumad like this.
  14. bucktoof Journeyman

I am not caustic whatsoever. You should probably invest in some English classes and learn the art of comprehension then re-read everything I've said today in it's entirety and you would see I care about the game's integrity just like all the other good people still left and there are plenty of us. It's people like yourself trying to legitimize cheating which is caustic to the entire community. Keep it up.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

I use my fingers. Is there another widely used method?
    Metanis and MyShadower like this.
  16. Celephane Augur

WOW, just wow. I don't have a single issue with understanding or using English, I've likely used it longer and better than you have. I made my statement based on the crap you have posted that I have seen and yes, you are absolutely caustic. I never even mentioned the specific dumb crap you've been going on about. I don't support cheating at all, but I also don't support you specific kind of forum trolling
    Duder likes this.
  17. Cuuthbert Augur

Now I could care less about who uses ISBox etc... but to say you are not caustic with that statement is so full of self engrandizement. To emphasize .
    Is a beyond arrogant and caustic comment in and of itself. Yes you have anointed yourself as good and those who think like you are good. OMG so what is it like to wake up in the morning look in the mirror and see no room for improvement whatsoever.
    Duder likes this.
  18. ptah Augur

Look its the end users choice. May each and everyone choice the path.

As far as this program or others like it, Yes they go against the EULA, I believe that to be clear. What is cloudy is if any effort of devs, A>> would successful remove it b>> % of correct or false postives to be fair to any % of playerbase c>> if the result of abc would make $$$ senses before being or after.

That is the way imho, the use of these programs is pretty much passive looked at or the other way, and only when results of such actions impact something so clear, is any action taken, and from what i read that is posted that % is every low.

And I add, whatever they do as devs, the same or similar % of unhappy playerbase would cry on these boards. For what we play, and what get, there is bigger fish to fry, ie content, progression focus, artwork. Please focus on postive stuff, live with rules (devs) can enforce. Greater good wins not perfect but best result with tools we got.

smile, have fun, and live free.
    bucktoof likes this.
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

If only we could verify this...the community would be certified safe from this scourge of cheating players. They just need to capture each user's finger print with each key press and send that to the server for verification prior to processing the key press. Of course...retinal scans would need to be implemented to ensure it is in fact you looking at the screen. Random voice authorizations to continue play. I'm sure DNA could be useful here.
  20. bucktoof Journeyman

the only troll types in these forums are people such as yourself. Once again, perhaps you should learn what the actual definition of trolling is. Being non-specific, accusatory, misdirecting, off-topic, defensive of something or someone but never coming out with any specifics is trolling 101. I'm so sorry if one one of your alt accounts got banned. You should maybe be more careful next time ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.