36-48 hours is the standard...unfortunately

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Seferis, May 20, 2020.

1. Seferis New Member

We pay money for a month’s worth of play, but over the last few months it seems like server downtime lasts for no fewer than 36 hours at a time. On top of that, servers are down at least twice a month. So in reality, we pay for 26-27 days worth of play - at a maximum, not a minimum. Providing less than you’re paid to provide would lead to consumer protection complaints and lawsuits in virtually any other industry because it’s breach of contract. Figure it out, Daybreak. Provide what you’re paid to provide, or pro rate us the difference.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

Do you ask your ISP to pay your Netflix bill when a storm knocks out that service too?
    minimind and Minpire like this.
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

$15 / month (assuming highest rate) reduces to $0.50 per day. A 36 hour down time translates to 75 cents.

So maybe we should get 75 Daybreak Cash in exchange... but wait, we get 500 per month for free as is.
    minimind, Tacobelle and wade_watts like this.
  4. Minpire Augur

48 hours
    work out some
    Get some sunlight
    do some yard work
    Try few games that were remastered:::
    bauldurs gate 2 Remastered
    Homeworld remastered
    Browse and purchase a new chair before new TLPs launch
    See which type of fruit bowls and light meals you can prep for new TLPS( heavy meals make you sleepy)

I mean i could keep going on and on, These 36-48 hours could be a good thing
    minimind likes this.
  5. I'm Not A Robot Lorekeeper

This downtime actually cost me $15 since I got bored and resubbed my WoW classic account. Oddly there is more afk botting and people RMTing in WoW classic now than there is on the TLP servers in EQ.
    Xenorius, Volka and Minpire like this.
  6. Seferis New Member

That’s a false equivalency. Netflix and my isp aren’t responsible, in your example. That’s force majeure. I hope you’re using your downtime to read.
  7. Seferis New Member

That’s not the point and you know it. If you bought a 12 pack of beer and got home to find there were only 10 beers in the box, you wouldn’t be thinking that it’s a good thing. You’d want what you paid for.
  8. modsiw Augur

Indeed, it is the standard. This surprises no one. You knew what you were buying.
    minimind likes this.
  9. MaestroM Augur

Isn't complaining on the forums about server downtime like, an Everquest tradition? Let him has his fun.
    TheChosenOne and Bailen like this.
  10. Derka Power Ranger

Well since you like reading so much I will provide you a link to the terms of service to see where you agreed to put up with downtime.
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service. section 6 Second paragraph, first sentence : "Daybreak does not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any Daybreak Game(s)."

People like you flock to the forums every extended downtime. They demand something in return for being denied access to the game that has downtime built into the subscription.
    Isellaz likes this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm about to find the last dude that sold me a krono and demand some of my plat back.
    MattThePhat, TheChosenOne and Isellaz like this.
  12. Xeris Augur

I don't believe it's promised anywhere that the product/service will be available 24/7.
    minimind likes this.
  13. Seferis New Member

In reality, those clauses aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on
  14. Xeris Augur

Uh these agreements are absolutely binding. Show me some cases where EULAs aren't upheld. Let's also not forget that there's no paper involved here... You're referencing a digital post.
  15. Vicus Augur

Dream is at least being upfront in his/her messages so thanks for that. It was clear so there is no question on why the servers are still down. The downtime doesn't effect me (yet) because waiting on Rizlona but I think that setting a "if everything works perfect" time frame just shows the disconnect between departments.

If DPG's stated servers would be down for 48 hours due to large quality of life server merge, but got the servers up in 37 hours everyone would be like GOOD JOB, but instead they throw a dart at a time and then disappoint when they can't pull it off. Just simple managerial and PR stuff that they do that shoots them in the foot and ruins their reputation.
  16. Sikkun Augur

Betting if that EULA did promise 24hr service though you would be linking it in your demand of a refund.

You pay for access to a service that can and will go down at anytime with or with out notice. You know this, I know this, everyone knows this. Best case your get some SC, normal case you get nothing. Your option as a consumer? Stop playing.
  17. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

The original post does have a point though. Comparing it to a storm knocking out your internet access so you can't watch Netflix doesn't really work. For one, I don't think it's my ISP's fault that a storm knocked out my service. But, to that point, if I saw the internet service providers working on my street and they knock my service out due to there stupidity, I would hope that my ISP would take ownership of that issue.
    Regardless of making crazy comparisons one way or the other there is an easy way to fix this. You can extend the persons paid time by a day. It shouldn't be that hard. I'm not talking about an hour long patch that takes 1.5 hours to do. But, when a patch, that has been advertised for weeks that is coming, takes at least 50% longer than expected, something could be done.
    Also, I have seen the argument that one could just play one of the other Daybreak games for the time being. That's fine, but I don't want to. I would think the majority of people paying month to month have only one game in mind when they are paying.
    I admit, I mostly play my game as F2P. And, I am grateful that Daybreak allows me to do so. I pay on a per month basis as money allows it. There are lots of times where I think about paying every month, like I did way back 15 years ago. But, then I see situations like this, t makes me rethink it. Today, I'm not losing a paid day. But, I can understand the frustration of those that have.
  18. CartoTLP Journeyman

It's been 20 years and people still cannot get over server downtime, even when it is announced well ahead of time. Yes, it has been extended. However, the company explained exactly what led to this and is obviously doing their best to get things up and running as quickly as possible. Do you think any of the employees want to be working on this until 10pm PT?

Rasper's point above regarding the 500 DBC really addresses your complaint head on. Even taking the higher end of your standard downtime, 48 hours, that's $1/month. Consider the $5/month they give you in DBC as direct compensation for any downtime.

But hey, I am feeling nice and I'll pull some strings for you. Just for you, and for no other reason related to any other upcoming holidays, I'll have DPG activate an experience bonus for you this weekend so that you can make up for some of that lost time.
    minimind likes this.
  19. Minpire Augur

Comparing apples to oranges OR Online Game Service Merging 100s of accounts/characters to different servers VS 2 Missing beers

I guess next time the freeway is jam packed during holidays ill ask the state to reimburse my Gasoline.

YOU GOT ME THERE! :p
  20. ManglerNecro Journeyman

I will take extended bonus exp on next week as compensation, so we can lvl a bit faster on new servers :)
    Vicus likes this.