If you play on one of the new time locked servers, which class will be your main?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SleezerGeezer, May 20, 2020.

1. SleezerGeezer Elder

I was referring to the class. I just added my race choice as an afterthought. I think EQ Gnome casters look cool, so that's why my casters are always Gnomes.
  2. Hoteke New Member

The vintage classic, Gnome Rogue ;)
  3. Machen New Member

Stamina.
  4. Xondor Lorekeeper

I played gnome mage opening day on Mangler. Gnome for a few reasons. Not too many people in the starting zone, easy run to gfay for crushbone, then easy run to unrest. Also never have to get a shrink.
  5. Fonzych New Member

so, my main will be a troll shmy with a gnome slave necro, some good time chating
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

My opinion... Troll regen is good for maybe 60 levels. Ogre frontal stun immunity is good forever.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  7. Gremin Augur

Ogre warrior, its always Ogre warrior for me.
  8. Machen New Member

Eh, not forever. It's effectively irrelevant once the anti stun aa's come in. I'll take the iksar AC bonus over stun immunity at that point.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I thought it, but I was too lazy to look up the AAs and when they come in. :)
  10. Hileth New Member

I usually always end up playing a cleric main, but I'm thinking about trying a druid this time around. I like the idea of being able to solo more easily than a cleric while still contributing to a group. The greater utility would be nice too.
  11. Batbener Augur

Thinking Enchanter Paladin this go around. Main will be paladin because gear is much, much, much, much, much more important to a paladin.
  12. Kiaro Augur

Iksar AC bonus is miniscule at best.
    Ogre Stun immunity is full immunity, "stun" resistance AAs are that - resistance, its a good 3 years before you see full immunity.

Also - putting points into stamina as a Ogre is shortsighted, with shm buffs and planar gear you'll be capped, but hovering around 115 agility. Ogres - agi to 85 rest to dex.
  13. Machen New Member

I don't plan around classic stats when I won't be tanking til Kunark.
  14. Risiko Augur

This isn't quite an accurate representation of class disparity because a large majority of players on TLP servers run anonymous because they are in raid guilds that don't want other guilds knowing where they are headed. It's a good guide in general, but it isn't representative of reality in my opinion.

From what I have seen on all the TLPs I have played on day one, monk and enchanter are the most heavily played classes. When I look at this chart, the fact that I see so few monks doesn't change my opinion on that at all. From my experience, the vast majority of those monks are in raid guilds, and as such, are anonymous.

I don't have numbers or a chart, but from my personal experience, this is what I have noticed day one on TLP servers...

Highest Population of Mains:
    • Enchanter
    • Monk
    • Cleric

Highest Population of Boxes:
    • Bard
    • Mage

Lowest Population of Mains:
    • Paladin
    • Rogue
    • Ranger
  15. Risiko Augur

I will add though that none of this matters in the end. PLAY WHAT YOU WANT TO PLAY.

If you play a cleric, enchanter, warrior, shadow knight, or paladin, you WILL get groups relatively easily no matter how many others are playing them. It's no secret that the game is 100% designed around tank/healer/cc. Pick a holy trinity class, and you are set to get/make groups in original content.
  16. TheChosenOne Augur

shaman baby! with a mage sidekick to add DPS
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

I think it's representative of the overall class popularity. You can argue that the numbers will look different for those anon raiders, I reckon.
  18. sumnayin2 Augur

Protagonist said "This is a chart of all non-anon players over the course of a day during the second week of Mangler launch."
    He then posted the graph of non-anon players by class. He never represented it as anything else. Where in his post did he convey that this was the true statistical data of all players on Mangler. Why did you need to make a post to express the same information he already did.
  19. sumnayin2 Augur

I'd love to know where the hundreds of monks in raid guilds were on week 2 of Mangler when the data was collected for the graph. By your assertion, there are over 400 monks anonymous week 2 of Mangler raiding the 4 Open World raid bosses. Of course, this is just assuming there aren't hundreds of mages anonymously raiding at the same time which would put it at 600-800 anonymous monks raiding week 2 of Mangler if those mages were anonymous. I mean, assuming each raid guild has 10 monks raiding, that means there are 40+ raid guilds fighting over open-world classic bosses week 2 of a TLP AT A MINIMUM and every single person is anonymous.

Do you have any proof over these 400+ monks running around? Maybe you have pictures showing the disparity of monk chat to other class chats.

Oh, of course not. I'll help you out, week 2 of Aradune I will take some pictures of how large the various class channels are. Hopefully all these anonymous monks in raid guilds don't leave class chat at a 200x rate than other anonymous raid classes do. I'm sure you'll argue that they do when I link the pictures to you. We all know anonymous raiding monks week 2 of TLPs leave class chat way more than other anonymous raiders do.
  20. JooJooFlop Trainer of Trainers

Leaning wizard with a bard box but it's hard to decide. Kinda wanna go warrior/shaman or warrior/cleric as well.