IS Boxer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

Let me try to convert this into a scenario you understand.

A person wants to buy a car.
    Of course you need money to buy the car.
    A person should save up the money to buy the car, but many have a hard time saving up the required money.
    A person can go out and get a car loan to buy the car!!
    A person uses the tool available "Car Loan" to get the money they need to buy the car!
    They get the car today instead of infinitely waiting to try and save up that money.

Now we have a person that wants to finish say ToV progression.
    But to finish ToV progression you need to be able to do the quests.
    Some people might be able to do this playing 1 character and who knows maybe popping a merc.
    Others who can not do this, spend endless hours looking and begging for others to help them.
    If only there was a tool that would allow them to be more independent, when they wanted to be, without violating the EULA.

Oh there is a tool...

Eya
    Celephane likes this.
  2. seber Augur

don't see Is boxes has do prog still cheating ...
  3. Leigo You come here often?

Seber.. you hurt my soul..
    Celephane likes this.
  4. Duder Augur

Keep the /\/\Q fanboism on the redboards thx.
  5. Tuco Augur

Since you brought it up, I've never really looked into using it but always thought I was a bit held back by not using it and always wondered whether I should try it out for an expansion.

That all changed when I recently saw this video. What a boring way to play EQ. I don't begrudge anyone who uses it and don't really care, but if I ever woke up and fought a mission where I felt like I was at my skill-cap while spending most of the time scratching my chin I'd just uninstall the game and go do something else.

I am kind of curious whether I could beat this with my inner space boxer setup though, I bet I could. I stopped playing long before they patched Griklor to fly away in stages.
  6. bucktoof Journeyman

of all the mental midgetting going on in this thread yours absolutely took the cake. You spent soooo much time trying (and again like the others FAILING) to legitimize its use. You truly went overboard with all your ridiculous analogies. The very best line of bs was "Now if you use ISB and press 3 and it passes through to the background application to cause a wizard to cast a nuke, and it is only setup to cause the 1 character to take an action and no other character to perform that action, then it meets all of the same criteria as above and does not meet your definition of automation.

See how this is working? Saying you have to use alt tab or you have to use 2 PC is purist ignorance.
    " "We" haven't established anything son and like hell to that statement, in your dream. Go ahead, make your flipping "type-writer device". Good luck with that and I sincerely hope you and all these other fine specimens who just can't play by the rules because you're no doubt terrible at the game are banned for its use. Knowing you have to play and always be worried about being banned is enough for me lol though so carry on.
  7. Duder Augur

Fixxed
    Zataos, Nennius and Tuco like this.
  8. Laronk Augur

You could probably beat it with just your warrior and your cleric maybe add a dps
  9. Tuco Augur

Sorry for the awkward post, I meant that I wonder if I could beat his best time of 16 seconds with my setup.
  10. Llayenie New Member

I run isbxr on this, it really is that easy now if your group can knock out enough dps... about 1.5million group dps will get him down on the first drop 90% of the time. (there is still "some" randomness to how long he stays down)
  11. Alena Elder

The funny thing seems to be that most who have a problem with their personal way of defining "cheating" is, that they are always in the urge to compare themselves to others instead of simply having fun and striving to get better for themselves. That may valid for the raid game or the TLP servers but not really for life servers.

I don't compare or challenge, I only play for fun and for getting better in my small world and area.

It is like always, pure envy and ego. Sad that some don't simply play "their" game like they want and stop bullying others. That is the real problem. People who don't respect others and always want to force anybody into their view of the world. In times of Corona this shows again the real soul of all the people.
    Voktar and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Angahran Augur

However, they HAVE stated specific type of programs that CAN be used.

Anything that simply reads output files, e.g. GINA, log parsers, the highly useful tradeskill parser.
    Those have been specifically stated as being ok.

In more general terms, they have previously said that programs that do not change any EQ code or attempt to change the gameplay are generally ok, e.g. wineq and i-s-boxer.

Also, while technically against the EULA, modifying map text files and UI files is allowed.

What is NOT allowed is software that allows someone to fully automate entire groups and/or raids to play the game with zero user interaction 24/7.

Honestly, if people are having difficulty telling the two apart they have serious issues.
    Caell, Corwyhn Lionheart and Llayenie like this.
  13. Duder Augur

EverQuest is not a single player game. Your idea that people only care for the sake of envy and ego is narrowminded. I care about this game and it's longevity as well as it's integrity. Look to games of the past where cheating has become rampant and unpunished and how those games quickly crumbled. I care about how this game is designed to be played because I enjoy this game as it is intended to be played. IS B, Gina, and wineq do not remove the playing of the game, /\/\acroquest does. Look at that video Tucoh linked. How is that fun? The game that that guy has made of Everquest is not the game that was intended regardless of his liking for it. EQ was and is not designed to be a passive party RPG and I hope that it never becomes that. My opinions have absolutely nothing to do with envy or ego. Your labeling, in my opinion, is disrespectful to the people who have a passion for the game as it is designed to be played as well as the community for suggesting that anyone who opposes cheating is egotistical and envious.
    Fredescu and Dracolindus like this.
  14. Marton Augur

I don't care if people use isb, /\/\...st.

What I don't like is when folks roll with SK/SHM/BST/ZERKER/ZERKER/ZERKER (or similar), assisted by isb or /\/\...st, and then come to these forums complaining that content is too easy, they face-roll everything and there is nothing to do.
    Caell, Barton, Laronk and 6 others like this.
  15. Desk New Member

I can't think of anyone that does that... lol

There's a sizable gulf in alt + tabbing between numerous toons to then react with button presses to then repeat the process constantly vs spamming a pre-programmed button without having to address the reaction/perform action penalty time it takes to tab through accounts and press what is needed.

That is advantage, and no small one.

Would you rather have to juggle 6 balls at once or only 1?
  16. Marton Augur

I can.
  17. seber Augur

wow after watch all the Videos [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is 100x Worse omg hehe
  18. Laronk Augur

People in full raid gear definitely do, and I see people in guild groups who form "perfect" groups also complain about the ease of things too.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

That was my point. Any program is usable or bannable depending on what you do with it. That is why they haven't said Gina is okay or that ISB is not okay. Some features of ISB are okay, and Gina could add features which are not okay.

It was all satire. Sorry you did not enjoy it. It was lengthy but it did cut a lot into my server down time. It is established that boxing on my laptop and desktop is okay. Not sure why you disagreed.

I love though when people use the word "son" when talking to a stranger. Says a lot about their humility.

And the typewriting thing, again, satire, sorry you didn't enjoy it, although any reason to use my 3d printer... might be fun. Might have to give it a go. My drinking bird forager design is going to have to come first though, so you'll have to be patient on the keyboard typewriter.
  20. Celephane Augur

Exactly this
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.