Can we get Classic quests back?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creedmonk, May 20, 2020.

1. Creedmonk Augur

I mean the experience we gain from turning in crushbone belts etc.
  2. Monkman Augur

Not going to happen.

People abused them the first wave of TLP's and due to afk farming etc were able to accumulate thousands of belts, bone chips etc allowing some folks to literally level 50-60 via turn-ins. As the afk farming issue hasn't truly been dealt with I don't foresee them changing their stance on the removal of these quests.
    Bullwyf, Tuco and Skuz like this.
  3. Creedmonk Augur

Yes but this is going to be policed by GM's on Aradune to help prevent it, right?
  4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I'm no rocket surgeon, but it seems like it would be pretty easy to put caps in so that you get good experience at low levels and no experience at high levels?
    Creedmonk likes this.
  5. Sillyfish Elder

Yes, it would be possible to set a maximum or minimum level on things. That already exists for certain quests.

Part of the best thing about classic EQ was being able to level off things like Bone chips until your teens.
    Herf, Creedmonk and Skuz like this.
  6. Monkman Augur

Best way imo to add these quests back to the game would be to make them non-repeatable.
  7. Syriss99 New Member

I wish. Really miss getting decent exp from belts, gnoll fangs, etc. just reduce the exp drastically after certain levels.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would say cap how much XP you can earn from them, or level-cap the XP.

Some are still valuable for faction purposes & would remain so even after you stopped getting xp so I don't agree with making them non-repeatable.
  9. Sithil Elder

Bonechip exploit due to instant respawning skeletons and then using those bone chips on a 20 year old quest to instantly level from 50-60. DBG solution: nerf all quest xp instead of fixing the broken spawn.

I agree, bring back quest xp. Fix the broken spawn and maybe put a lvl cap on the quest for xp.
    Tuco and Creedmonk like this.
  10. Creedmonk Augur

I think something should be done. It's what Aradune would have wanted.
  11. ChaosMaster New Member

Now I must admit that I haven't been playing progression servers, and the last one I played, quests were enabled (those that worked at least). However, I mean I can't imagine Blackburrow being worth while without being able to turn in gnoll fangs for instance. Is there an xp issue on these servers at low levels due to the disabling of quests?
  12. Mashef Augur

Best idea in a while. With GM enforcement it seems like a relatively easy fix to either monitor it or just level cap the exp to say 10 levels over the quest level. I miss turning in CB belts/pads and receiving a fair amount of exp. The exploiters shouldn't ruin this for everyone. Focus effects were taken away to make it more "classic like" enabling quest exp is also in tune with classic.
  13. Creedmonk Augur

This and it also incentivized a decent set of starter armor for a new character!
  14. Dooby dooby doo Elder

When you put it that way... It's pretty... okay I can't even put the right word on it.

"Hey guys, what should we do about Bone Chips and Fire Beetle Eyes being exploited? Hrmm... Let's nerf the exp on all 100,000 quests. That'll really show those 10 people abusing the system who is boss! OKAY CHIEF!"
    Creedmonk likes this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Aradune would have wanted you to turn in those bone chips one at a time.
    Cydonia, Bullwyf, Herf and 2 others like this.
  16. Machen New Member

The spawn isn't broken, it's just that you have three months to farm it and a quest that gives xp for bonechips (which are stackable). If the spawn were "fixed" you could still collect a ton of bonechips from other newbie zones and do the same thing. They could have just nerfed that one quest.
  17. MaestroM Augur

Did CB belt exp get turned back on at some point? I could have sworn i got exp when i did the quest this weekend on Mangler.
  18. Protagonist Tank

The quests all still give xp, just considerably less than they used to.
  19. SleezerGeezer Elder

I just want the money for spells, so I'll still turn in the belts.
    Eviara and Bullwyf like this.
  20. Sturn Augur

Belts are still worthwhile if you are leveling in CB. Just not worthwhile for PLing a new character.
    Eviara likes this.