The "Patch"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, May 19, 2020.

1. Herf Augur

Avoiding texting is easy. First, I have a flip phone, which sucks at texting so I just don't do it. Second, my friends have all been warned that they can contact me by voice phone, or by email, and to use complete sentences :)

Seriously, texting is for people who lack the good manners and self discipline to just call when they have something useful to say. Texting is ADHD.
    Andarriel, Nennius and Sissruukk like this.
  2. Herf Augur

I agree. When they say "24 hours" that's code for "it's going to be a long a$$ surgery, so just sit back and wait for the doctor to come out and tell you how it went." So I'm neither particularly surprised nor particularly upset. We were warned :)
    Nennius, minimind and lockjaws like this.
  3. lockjaws Augur

Ehh, as a paying customer, I'd like to know realistic estimates. Coming in with 1/24th of the estimate to go and saying it's going to be another 25%, is pretty poor. They should have known half way through the initial estimate that additional time would be required.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

When I text I usually use full sentences, complete spelling, and punctuation. Plus, I am a one-finger texter, so I type slow. People usually call me because of these things.

As for the internet, I assume most people mean social media. I keep my social media footprint very small. I don't use my full name on Facebook, I don't use Instagram, and only have Twitter to receive updates from certain organizations (i.e. municipal/county information). I do this for a few of reasons: 1) Nobody needs to know what I am doing 24/7; 2) I don't care what you do 24/7; 3) I don't want my employer knowing what I do 24/7. I don't share my social media contacts with co-workers, because it is none of their business what I do, what I think, or what I believe in my private life. On top of that, Facebook tends to be toxic, and I choose to limit the toxicity in my life (ForumQuest exempted :p).
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Magneress Augur

I really enjoy the parrallelism and non -linear communication- and the history that plain text comms provides. I even have a few friends where we will just talk over each other then eventually reread and re answer in our own private chats or emails. It's fun. I was also born with a keyboard available at like 2 yrs old. And I don't like talking. So we are probably very different, but we can bridge the gap somewhat. I prefer to listen to people on voice comms in game. Over trying to decipher what people are typing. However.
  6. Herf Augur

Maybe it's like they don't realize how screwed they are until hour 24 when they try to reboot, then there's a quick analysis followed by the "oh crap" moment when they realized they forgot to account for something.

BTW. your icon (Queynos shield?) always reminds me of Beaker for some odd reason :)

[IMG]
  7. Jennre Band Leader

You can get away with a lot in Interviews.

When I interviewed for my Xbox job, it went kinda like this.

Interviewer: "Well, what can you do?"
    Me: "I can do a lot, and I do know I can whup you in foosball. Wanna play for the job?"

I did get the job, but no foosball, sadly =)
    minimind likes this.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

I have done no such thing. You may be confusing me with another poster. I was simply giving some insightful response on a question.
  9. Intenso Augur

10. Flat Toad Elder

Sigh. Like watching Vah Shir lick themselves...
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

12. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

They just need to announce that the servers are down until Monday. We all know its going to happen.
    lockjaws likes this.
  13. LockridgeUK Journeyman

I will say the Devs are keeping us informed of the delays, which helps in planning what I am going to do. I appreciate the information...
    minimind and Nennius like this.
  14. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Scenario 1
    Jim: <rings Bob> <Bob doesn't pick up> <Bob's voicemail is full>
    Bob: <doesn't check his phone for 4 hours> <sees there's a missed call>
    Bob: <dials Jim> <Jim doesn't pick up> <leaves a voicemail: Sorry buddy, didn't see the light blink.>
    Jim: <rings Bob> <Bob picks up: Hey buddy I was just going to ask for your hemorrhoid cream but they had to amputate.>
    Bob: Sorry Jim, maybe we should try texting.

Scenario 2
    Jim text: Can you bring the hemorrhoid cream by tonight?
    Bob text: Sure
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

hour from now there probably gonna extend It some more but I hope not.

Andarriel
  16. Fandiien Lorekeeper

Message to Dreamweaver. I am sorry but there are a lot of us that really done give a dXXX about the TLP servers. I understand there is some kind of link in the date between the TLP servers and the True servers, that, to be honest is not our problem. I would have recommended that if there is that much issue with the TLP server merges then do One Set at a time. Perhaps you can then get it better. Having ALL of the servers down for AT THE VERY LEAST 40 hours is really kind of ridiculous. Especially when it will probably be extended yet another 4 or 6 or 10 hours and we can all guarantee there will be a number of significant issues on the Normal Play servers.

I am not trying to "bash" you or any of the staff. We all know that you are working in an undercapitalized company and are doing your best.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

omg they extended it yet another 6 hours. just think it of it on fv I shouted see you in 48hrs.

Andarriel
  18. Mikana Augur

Disgust, mixed with a longing hint of jealousy?
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Nadisia did something to break the server merges.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

or my cat lol

Andarriel