The "Patch"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, May 19, 2020.

1. Gardolar New Member

soooo 32 hours of downtime now? awesome...
  2. Jennre Band Leader

If you have ever done a deployment at this scale, its easy to understand where things can go wrong.

They are migrating and merging databases, which often don't like to migrate/merge easily. Having spent the last decade + in OPS, I get it, and tend toward patience.

Would you rather them rush through it, and discover that tons of character info and items were lost in the merge, or take their time and get it done correctly, so nobody loses exp, items, characters, etc?

Patience, folks. These things take time, and 24 hours is a small gap in play compared to the tons of up-time they generally have.
  3. Celephane Augur

Math often?
    Herf, svann and blogget like this.
  4. Celephane Augur

I'm stupid? You're the one adding random numbers and using "ur" ... whatever
  5. Febb Augur

Lets hope they keep the servers down a little longer. The tears collected from the forums will help fill my pool.
  6. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

What, for DPG? They are using reel to reel tape for the game, and HERE IS THE REASON FOR THE EXTRA 6 HOURS OF DOWNTIME!!!!!!!! Smuggled out of the DPG server room, live and unedited...

[IMG]
  7. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

Ahh, another example of the texting and twitterverse generation. Unable to form simple sentences without using twitter and texting shorthand. Please go back and gain a little more education, instead of displaying your inadequacies for all to ridicule.
    Herf and Andarriel like this.
  8. Jennre Band Leader

OMG are they Alaran Tears? WTB!
    Gyurika Godofwar and minimind like this.
  9. Skuf New Member

This will end up being a 2 day adventure. If anyone has been around as long as I have, Remember when Luclin first went live? It was like Troll central on the forums until the servers got up and running correctly. This patch will also be followed by several "Emergency" patches. Don't make plans for the weekend and start all the crying for refunds and bonus this and that.
  10. Colt4954 Journeyman

Oh, you are one of those type of people with that attitude
  11. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

No, I am just a teacher, and seeing the English language devolved by text/twitter abbreviations in normal use of the written word hurts my heart. My students get upset because I bleed on their papers every time I see text/twitter abbreviations on their work.
  12. Triconix Augur

Is it such a problem to want somebody to use proper English when typing something? It's just a bad habit to use abbreviations for everything.
  13. Colt4954 Journeyman

It is when they have such an attitude and tone about it
  14. Triconix Augur

As a English major, I cannot take someone seriously when they fail to use basic language skills. I'm considered a part of the "millennial" generation that allowed this habit to go unchecked and devolve our language into this garbage. I personally despise it.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Herf like this.
  15. Tuco Augur

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar, Jyve, Fanra and 3 others like this.
  16. Fohpo Augur

O
    Out of curiosity, how do you avoid texting and handle the internet?
    Jyve and Colt4954 like this.
  17. Tuco Augur

11 playing a 22 bard taught 33 me how 44 to type 11 in shorthand 22 omw 2 orc1 but oom 33
    Jyve, Mikana and Colt4954 like this.
  18. Tyvolus Journeyman

this is way too long for a patch. Over 24 hours ?? they need to compensate their players, and get better at their jobs.
  19. Orbital101 Augur

id be ready to wait 48hrs if that involve fixing all the lag we get in raids...
    Jennre likes this.
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

But, but, free stuff...
    Herf likes this.