Easiest Class to play in EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 20, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My daughter has started showing an interest in EQ, she spent half an hour yesterday doing my foraging before the servers came down.

She is bored and it looks like it will be a while before she can go back to work, so looking for something that might keep her from driving me nuts, we've done the cooking things, she has made face masks to keep us safe, she has done a bit (albeit not a lot) in the garden, she got her self a Nintendo Switch and she is now taking an interest in what Mummy is playing! She had her own account years ago when F2P started but only got as far as running around in PoK, but she was about 10 at the time and not really interested. :rolleyes:

Having seen my Vah Shir Shaman yesterday her question was "why does the cat have a top hat on?" Answer "it's a cat in a hat!", I was a bit surprised she didn't mention the wizzy with a pirate hat on, but then again she knows her mother......

I have a few chars on different servers she could play around with to see what she likes. But I'm after your opinions to what you see as the least complicated class in modern EQ that she might enjoy?

Been toying with the idea of starting her with a beastlord.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

Wizard
    Kutsuu and Magneress like this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

beastlords are good .. all around good class to start with .. can solo/molo good and can add to a group . also lots of tools in the tool belt if ya know what i mean .. plus vahshir kitty's just rock :p
  4. Tuco Augur

All classes are pretty "easy" if you don't need to rely on her. My guess is the ideal class is the one she's most interested in and chooses herself.

But easiest is probably mage. You can just send your pet in and hit a few keys and do pretty well. Beastlord is fine too.

I'd also guess that if she's a teenager and gets into EQ it won't be long before she's carrying you :D
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Let her have the fun of making her own from scratch.

Is she an adult? I understand she was "10 years old" a few years ago and now is of the age to have a job. Not sure why it has to be an easy class but the tutorial will help her learn stuff.

Maybe a wiz or mage with spell particles turned on? Those are fun for new players
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

easiest is probably a mage or wizard. 1 or 2 hotkeys set up for her to start and she can actually blow things up. whatever is chosen, if you know how to play the class (at least a little) then you can start her out with a couple simple hotkeys and progress to showing her different tricks.
    Magneress likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Don't under-estimate your daughter's gaming skills! She shouldn't pick the easiest class, she should pick what she likes the most. ;)
  8. Windance Augur

Another approach is to pick a class that has good synergy with what you are using.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Axxius like this.
  9. Nadisia Augur

To the shelters !!! :eek:

I was in before Kizant's massive vengence and retaliation :p
    Magneress likes this.
  10. Disapointed Lorekeeper

Rogue has been and will continue to be the easiest class in the game.

Hands down.
    Tygart and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm going to say Wizard too.
    Magneress likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought this too to start with, but her concerns are being a long way behind us.

She tends to spend all evening on something chatting to her friends so would be more a day time thing so I could possibly start over with a new char with her maybe on a different server again.

She is 23....shush it makes me feel old.

We will see when the servers come up what she wants to do. It could be a case of starting a fresh and maybe playing a grown up version when she has got used to it. Been a while since I've done the tutorial, but I think she will need it. UI I'll copy mine over.
  13. Thraine Augur

wizard, mage or chanter are good choices. dress wearers seem to be great starter toons
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

That is the easiest class to play, the forager. :p
    Axxius and Yinla like this.
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Back in the early days of EQ all the grandmas played druids...they have port sow heal nukes dots basically all the conveniences and none of the hardships that other classes have in their young days.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

The only real way to answer this is to ask you a fast question.

What type of gamer do you think she will be ? More of a play to socialize ? More to play just grp content ? Is she a possible raider in the future ?

What do you personally think she would enjoy the most ?
  17. Whulfgar Augur

I have had at times through out my EQ playing time have had multiple family member's to varying degree's of playing EQ.

For instance my wife played a wizzy (nomnomz) for a bit then seen pets an wanted to make a pet class then seen another class made that one ..

She was not drawn to any one particular class over any other type for any other reason then a passing glance an wanted to test it out . She inevitably quit the game for lack of real interest in any thing about it.

My twin daughter's have both played pet classes just because they liked the idea of pets ..

Both of those instances alone they never played to raid, they played to just mess around were not social in game as they played in the same room as me an just kept it in house as it were, an if they asked me something I did not know about which ever class I'd as in guild for which ever answer.

This is why I have 12 accounts with literally one of EVERY single class in the game stuck at 85-90 lvl range.. (yay heroric toons ! ! )
    Tygart and Celephane like this.
  18. code-zero Augur

I recall years ago being in a guild group with a froglock paladin tanking. Early in the group I received a /tell explaining that our tank was a 12 year old girl and could I be a bit less bawdy with my /inc message. I was surprised and edited the message to be silly and apparently this delighted the girl :p

Don't underestimate kids, sometimes easy is boring and that's not what will keep them interested
  19. Nadisia Augur

Hey you, don't call me Grandma ... yet. My older one is just 6years old.

But ... I started as a druid , back in 2K ... damned, it was 20 years ago.
    Druid was a really good starter class, you can do a lot of stuff, it was a jack of all trades (master of none, but very decent) and it's still a good class, I guess.

@Yinla
    Bard is not too hard to play either, at least for basic stuff, and she's 23, not a kid anymore. :p
    EQ is not rocket science after all.
    Eviara likes this.
  20. Laronk Augur

My suggestion for the easiest class, is a level 1.

Don't pl and don't heroic. Instead focus on hero's journey and try to let her drive as much as you can while playing with her so that she's not blindly following you around but rather she's leading the group and you're there to help.