best 6 man crew for rizlona

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wildone, May 20, 2020.

1. wildone Elder

hi whats a good group to make to play tlp from classic up to and including pop?including group game and raiding ?
  2. Hinastorm86 Augur

There seems to be a consensus from my own research on this, assuming you want all the key utility in your 6 box.

It seems to be Tank/Enc/Clr/Mag/Brd/Wiz.

There is some wiggle room. You don't really NEED a tank, cause the charm pet can tank fine, although this gets more problematic the more expansions go by, obviously. I'm personally running a monk because I plan for that to be my likely raid main.

I was going to do 2 mages at first, but was convinced by some veterans to switch one for a bard. It's less power in the short term, but the utility has been worth it in my test group i've been leveling.

The wizard is not required, he's there for the ports, which I heavily want early on.

Other than that you run into key problems switching anything else. Enchanter is omega busted. Having a cleric is great. The mage is simple 2 button strong dps.

Later on i'll probably drop the Wiz and mage and add a real tank and a melee dps. Probably drop the enchanter after charm is no longer busted, but im not sure on that.
  3. Ebine Augur

6 man crew
    Warrior ogre (stat wise in the start makes it easier to tank bigger mobs)
    Monk for dps Its good at the start and it only gets better (maybe race change when Kunark comes out)
    Ranger Bow dps auto
    Cleric Isn't any better big healer for tough mobs
    Shaman For slow and buffs for melee
    Bard Utility
    Get C pots for clarity

I think if your line up is more melee the shaman is better later on
    If your line up is more caster then the enchanter is better.
  4. Karanthal Augur

I guess it depends if you want to make life easy or have a lot of utility, having 2-3 of the same class makes research for gearing, buying spells etc easier. I find melee groups too much of a pain to box so always go range DPS.

I like to have WAR/CLR/ENC as my core group + 3 DPS.

3 MAG/3 WIZ/3 RNGR (Easy life for gearing)

BRD + 2MAG/2 WIZ/2 RNGR (more utility/ADPS)
  5. mark Augur

warrior for those hard named,wizard can port to where a druid cant,cleric because ch and 1.5 rock and rez stick for when your oom,(1.0),mage a must mana free dps from pet.enchanter because charm rocks,i also remember at lvl 40 in soulb someone trained 7 mobs on us and i mezzed and parked 6 of them,my dilemma his a druid or bard,druid snare lvl1,thats what wipes me a lot of times the root breaks but the snare rocks but no lock picking the bard faster travel then any one and lock picking.
  6. Karanthal Augur

I guess I forgot to add, if your goal is to AE group in the deep you are going to want a 2nd Enc for safer stunning in place of one of the DPS.
  7. Gremin Augur

Wariior, cleric, shaman, bard, monk, ranger all played by 6 people....
  8. Baselesk New Member

it all depends on what you want to do and what time frame

my choice is chanter - drood - mage mage mage cleric - bam 50 asap on all of them, but i usually drop cleric after 47 and replace with another mage - farm
    after that you can power up what ever you need for any other items you need or get ready for other expansions

if u r planning for end game etc.. etc.. lots of posts for that
  9. Xanathol Augur

10. Thewiz Augur

I am going Cleric, Chanter x2, Mage, Wiz x2. Will charm and AOE. Eventually will drop a chanter and wiz for a tank and a bard. I am guessing post PoP.