Is EQ worth it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pawtato, May 14, 2020.

1. kizant Augur

The game would be so much better. Just imagine if decisions were made based on how players actually played the game and people couldn't get away with all the fake posts and downplaying things. So many people here blatantly lie to the devs to make their class as over powered as possible. I could get enough reliable people together to solve that problem.
    Pawtato likes this.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'd love to be able to play infantry and cosmic rift again with large player populations.

Oh, EverQuest, right, that's cool too I guess.
  3. Razorfall Augur

is eq worth it?
    let me work it
    i'll put my thing down, flip it, and reverse it
    Veteran_BetaTester and Goburs like this.
  4. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Daybreak is an $85M dollar company with around 450 or so employees owned by a private equity company. Their parent company would not sell them except at goofy valuations. If you net $100M + needed for this I would suggest you'd be better off forming your own company, buy the rights to EQNext and finish it for us all!
  5. Yendar Augur

Judging by the small amount of resources they’re willing to put into Everquest especially as far as new expansions/quests/ etc. (Tov is basically another mini expansion and it’s remade old zones) I think you’ve severely overestimated it’s value.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I would buy it just so eq could go on til least I die. Just thinking of eq eventually coming to a end is not something I wanna think about.

Andarriel
  7. Fian Augur

It could go either way. The wealthy person might not care that much about what the players think. On the other hand, if they care about the game, then that probably means they are playing the game, which is more than you can say of the devs.
  8. Concerned Druid New Member

I wouldn't buy the franchise, but I might buy enough PST players from other servers to make a top notch PST raiding guild. Door dash delivery to each of them every raid night.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You forgot the vid!
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

I did try to forget it. Thank you for reminding me.
  11. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Remember those brick phones though back in the day? Used to play Snake on them bad boys. Also they were hard to destroy. They survived many a dive into the sand, rocks and what ever. And I am talking about the Nokia on the left in the back ground.

12. Ecidew Journeyman

Yes Its Worth it !!

Given a Single movie night with dinner for me and wife can set me back $200.00

P.S. Wife plays EQ too
  13. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

The concession stand has really become expensive. o0
  14. Vrinda Augur

I would, but not with the idea of turning a profit on the game, at least not in the short term. I'd add to the development staff and turn out a new expansion that was actually new content and zones.

One of the job requirements would be that the staff would sit down in the same room and play EverQuest together for four straight hours (for which they'd be paid, of course) every week. No hacks, cheats, or god mode. Just four hours eating their own cooking followed by a brainstorming session about quests, class abilities, group content, and raids. And once they got quite comfy with the class they'd been playing for months, I'd assign each one to play a radically different class.