How do you preoccupy yourself when the servers are down?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SmoochyOfWolfington, May 6, 2020.

1. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

This would be best put into the Off Topic section if we had one, but we don't, although I can assume why and am not championing for one either. However I am curious what does everyone do in their free time away from Everquest. For some of you it must be hell waiting to get your next fix. ^^!

So what games, books, movies or other activities do you partake in when your server (or all of them) are down? Do you take a moment to clean the house? Do some studying? Plan your next adventure in EQ? Post more then usual in the EQ forum? Kneel and pray for the servers to right themselves? What?

I am currently heavily into the Warhammer 40K lore and presently watching-

Magneress, Nennius and dreamweaver like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depends on when the server is down.

I've just slept through the recent downtime. :):D

Patch days if it is delayed coming up more than an hour or so I watch TV for an hour ish and then go to bed!

Our last 24 hour downtime I went for a walk (Boris lets us out for exercise), did the food shopping, spring cleaned the kitchen, cut the grass front and back, researched some quests I wanted to do on alts and watched a couple of films with my daughter (Maleficent and Malficent 2), oh yeah and I also did some washing.

Basically EQ being down means the house gets a clean/tidy up or I sleep with a film/TV or 2 thrown in if time.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Dracolindus Journeyman

I go spend time with the wife, but I neglect to mention server outages so she just thinks I spontaneously wanted to watch a movie with her. =)
    Xorsazis, Portis, Cuuthbert and 6 others like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How do you occupy yourself.

RL stuff always need more time for that.

Fallout 4 base building.

No Mans Sky base building.
  5. Wikichant New Member

Playing through Fallout 3 (for the first time). You can build bases in Fallout 4?
  6. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

If I preoccupy myself, am I planning to occupy myself before I do it?
    Nennius likes this.
  7. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

I guess it is time to post here again. ^^!

I will be trying this shortly.

Magneress likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm I wonder if it's time for an "Occupy Yourself" movement. We could have cute, but ultimately meaningless slogans, overpriced T-Shirts, etc.

I need the servers to come back up!! I have found myself looking at cable news. Help me!!
    Sissruukk likes this.
  9. Hayzeus Augur

Sekiro
    Bloodborne
    Nioh 2
  10. Namde Augur

I play EQ2.
    Magneress likes this.
  11. Yimin Augur

I read about our 12 trade skills and stream line the fastest and cheapest way to max out a trophies !

YiMin
  12. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Is that also free and is it more graphical intensive than EQ1? In other words, if I can play EQ1 with all graphics basically on high, how well could I play EQ2 if at all? Low, mid or high settings? I know I did not state my specs, I am just curious on average jumping from one game to another.
  13. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Actually it came out pretty good, even though I forgot I needed stock. Been a while since I have had bacon... I forget it is like crack and I become a junkie again... ^^!
  14. Triconix Augur

1. Work.
    2. Read a book.
    3. Watch TV.
    4. Go outside.
    5. Browse computer parts, keyboard parts, and monitors aimlessly.
    6. Study for some certification tests which I'm currently slacking on.
    7. Read a lot of baseball stuff.

I do all those things in no particular order.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Verily Tjark Augur

16. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I spent most of today sleeping, because of course I did. Tho I DID spend part of this evening teaching myself how to make masks for shopping. Unfortunately, I'm one of the immuno-compromised, so I have to take care. I'm also the only one in the house that drives, so I do ALL the errands. I suck at sewing, but I'll take it!
    Zataos likes this.
  17. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Do you eat a lot of onion and fresh garlic?
  18. Flat Toad Elder

I learned if you ALT+$+right mouse button click an on-line Mall ad, you're TPed there instantly...but since they're closed, the rentabot cops are KOS...Be sure to have inviz up...
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, Free GTA V came at a very convenient time for me :)
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So the servers came down last night about half hour before raids would normally start on a Tuesday.

1. Made dinner - a little later than normal, squeezed in as much EQ as I could, making sure Overseer had as many 24 and over quests as I could get running!
    2. Watched the cast of Harry Potter reading The Philosopher's Stone https://www.wizardingworld.com/
    3. Watched Taika Waititi and friends reading James and the Giant Peach https://www.youtube.com/roalddahl?f...QS239kD7M2dUKwDLbmFljNxX2Wn52boKKx6DI9Uf0YEEg

4. Watched some rubbish TV (now I know why I play EQ instead)
    5. Went to bed
    6. Had a lie in, up and 8 instead of 6.
    7. Had my 2nd run of the week, 5K running followed by 5K walking (roughly 13K steps)
    8. Made brunch (too early for lunch and far too late for breakfast) bacon and scrambled eggs.
    9. Checked work emails, nothing needs doing!
    10. Mowed the grass front and back
    11. Checked the boards!
    12. Did this post

Things still to do before server comes up
    Food shopping (better today when server is down than tomorrow when I can play!)
    Move this room round so my daughter can use the laptop and do my foraging (got her interested in this 45 mins before the server came down) teach her to say she was bored!
    Do some EQ research of things I still need to get done.
    2 hour soak in the bath!
    Magneress likes this.