Does anyone know what time the TLP servers come up on 27th ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by asmodethenaughty, May 17, 2020.

1. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

Enquiring minds need to know.
  2. Protagonist Tank

They haven't said. Historically, they've aimed for noon PST on previous TLP.
    ajschliewe likes this.
  3. ScottAdamsFan14 New Member

Is there any way for the server to be hosted on the 28th? Some jerk kid bumped into my dog with a self balancing scooter and his eyes won't uncross. The earliest vet appointment I could get was the 27th, This dog keeps staring at me with his damn googly eyes I hate it.
    Draconum and Tuskapoli like this.
  4. Yarteb Elder

Best excuse so far, but no.
  5. Overcast451 Augur

Well, they said 24 hours of downtime on the 19th. In 'EQ terms' isn't that really three days?
    Herf likes this.
  6. Gemstoner Elder

There's no reason to rush on the 27th, it'll be the 28th before you can play reliably.
    Overcast451 and Herf like this.
  7. MaestroM Augur

There are a lot of reasons to rush on the 27th. Name reservations is a big part of that.

Always good to prepare oneself mentally for a 28th start though.
  8. Sikkun Augur

Might be playable around 2am on the 28th.
  9. Tuskapoli New Member

What? They still don't have server launches down yet?!?
  10. MaestroM Augur

Login server is the camp with the best drops.
    Tuskapoli likes this.
  11. Gemstoner Elder

The Mangler high priority login system for streamers seemed to make it even worse than prior releases, doesn't seem like there's a big media push this time around though. It might make it a bit better. It was intercepting people after they made it past the login server, though the multiple starter bags and food was useful heh.
  12. Jenarie Elder

It almost seems like they forgot they didn't already announce this. Don't remember it ever being this late before.
  13. Minpire Augur

maybe 30-40 people stream on twitch and 10-20 on youtube. I do not see how blaming streamers when they only pull down a max of 20-30 people consistantly except 1-2 of those streamers around 80-90 viewers. 1k-2k People all attempting to log in at one time will stress bandwith and servers unless its backed up by big boy hardware and bandwith power.
  14. wade_watts Augur

The whole 'high priority streamer login' thing is tinfoil hat or did they confirm that somewhere?
  15. Overcast451 Augur

Yeah, I managed to make a single character on Mangler's launch day. I considered that success, lol.
    Day 2 was able to play just fine.
  16. Shiba Journeyman

If we go off selo/mangler launch then expect to actually play 8 hours after the launch time.
  17. MaestroM Augur

BTW. This isn't a DPG specific issue. Anyone that tried to log in to the WoW launch will tell you that's just how launches go.

No way around it.
  18. Sikkun Augur

Pretty sure 1 steamer got in and then got booted a couple hours later.

Damn priority streamers.
  19. Gemstoner Elder

You misunderstand me, I have no problem with people that stream EQ. I wish more did. I also support the way DBG did a good job advertising/supporting the 20th anniversary, particularly the Mangler release.

However, there was obviously a system in place for high priority logins to Mangler that did not seem to be in place on other TLP launches. There were several streams up in the first couple of hours after launch. One even mentioned on air that they had a priority login in collaboration with DBG when they needed to log back in. The streams showed relatively sparsely populated newbie zones without the usual problems with zoning, etc on a usual launch night.

How do I know this? I got tired of trying to log in characters that I had successfully created and were being bounced in an unusual way after the handoff from the login server. I've played multiple TLP launches and the Mangler issue was different from any of the other ones.

So I noticed on the forums that others were watching these streams. I was curious and watched at least 3 different ones for several hours. My favorite was some guy playing a dwarf.

I wasn't angry then or now, in fact I was impressed that DBG had thought to do something like this to insure that launch night caught some good press.

I'm curious whether it will happen again this time or if the launch issues will be more of the usual variety where you actually load into the zone server and then it crashes.
  20. Barton The Mischievous

Just a bit ago in the eq discord server

""dreamweaverToday at 7:51 PM
    I don't have anything concrete until the merges/this downtime is complete.
    Once that's all done I'll likely be able to announce the time.""
    Minpire likes this.