Overseer Usage

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pawtato, May 17, 2020.

1. Thunderkiks Augur

I love Overseer. I use it twice a day on 6 accts over 3 servers.
    KarmaKitty and Yinla like this.
  2. Namde Augur

I use it every 6 or 12 hours depending on the quest. I won't say what I do with it as they typically nerf what brings us players joy and entertainment.
    GoneFission and dreadlord like this.
  3. KarmaKitty Augur

Use it as often as possible. Went from 113 to 115 max XP on it alone. Still need ToV progression.
    I may not be able to log on for hours a day, but can log on long enough to handle overseer and
    restock my offline vendor. Sad that player XP can't be diverted to AAXP. Would be nice if the XP
    percentage was higher the lower your level, but it appears you get the same relative % regardless
    of level.

Have 6 collection dispensers banked :D Those puppies saved me millions using them to finish of pesky
    collections. Those last few that were too difficult, rare or where the going bazaar rate was 1 or 2 million.
    Have all collections completed (except one that requires an expansion upgrade not on sale - Boo) and
    the ROF one that requires progression (also Boo).

Mercenary AA is weak, but I have more use for that than the ornament dispensers. Maxed AA on the
    healer merc line.

Over 100K coin banked. I don't really see anything worth the purchase price.

Still working on a complete set of agents. MAX xp on most overseer categories.

{I generally ignore achievements on alts}
    GoneFission likes this.
  4. Annastasya Augur

Every day. It's not as fun without the current expansion's tradeskill items and collectibles, but i can understand how that eliminated some other parts of the game. i like the alternate ways to get things like character experience, merc AAs, and TS mats.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just so folks are aware, if you're just doing collections for the Scavenger achievement in each expansion, you don't need the collections that require Collector's Editions or the ones that also require progression. I finished off the RoF collectibles achiement recently without either of those collections done.
  6. Flat Toad Elder

If you haven't maxxed collections yet, You're nuts not to be all over those 12 hour collection dispenser missions...an easy, no pain means of grabbing three GREAT personal trophies plus a gaggle of 0.1 weight packs including two 42 slot numbers, AND the attendant hundreds of AA points? ...AND, of course, also unlocking the 4 extra personal trophy slots...all 100% free...
    I mean...spending 5 minutes, twice a day assigning minions to missions...then letting em run behind the scenes (and they continue running even when you're totally logged out of the game)...tough not loving free stuff...though I'm sure there'll be folks desperately searching out something to whine about.
    swerves likes this.
  7. Catty Lorekeeper

If you choose "Character Experience" with a merc out, the merc gets more Merc AA than from "Mercenary Experience".

I haven't looked close but in 6-hour quests, between 25% and 50% AA exp. Which is (again, just spitballing numbers here) 3-5+ Merc AA for 10? minutes of effort a day and not leaving guild hall.

I'm not promoting that over normal play. But the reality is - it's a heck of a boost to Exp/Merc AA IN ADDITION to anything else.

For all the whining and crying on these forums about Collectables, this is the part that seems too few truly take advantage of. Which is good.... less chance of the reward being nerfed. What else am I going to use this silly system on.

It's not even a "Game" like LoN for goodness sakes. No strategy or nuttin'!
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry, just trying to see if I understand you correctly.

If I choose "character XP" for an Overseer quest reward, and I have the merc out, then the merc also gets XP?

Is that what you're saying? LOL @ me, for never having mercs out when I'm doing Overseer!
    Yinla likes this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This is true for all quest rewards. Always have a merc out.

Nothing like seeing mercs get like 10-12 merc aa when getting ToV hero achievements.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've been using it regularly since launch. I'm an Ornament Junky so I've been mainly taking just the Coins to spend at the merchant. So far I got a full set of the Ak'Anon Chain ornaments, the Robe Ornament, and one of the Weapon Ornaments. I'd like to get the Plate Set as well but that might take a while and it's not exactly a high priority after finishing the Chain Set. I still need quite a few Merc AA's so I'll probably start taking those as well.
    KarmaKitty and Yinla like this.
  11. Catty Lorekeeper

As yepmetoo said: Yeah. What bothers me is it is (seems to be) ALWAYS more to do character exp than mercenary.

Pro: You get more exp
    Con: You have to have merc unpacked, which may cost you a few hundred plat if you didn't pack it in Passive state. On alts, this can add up over time.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I always do for actual traditional quests and missions. However, for Overseer, I always do that at the start of my sessions, when I'm in town, and don't have the merc out. Never occurred to me that the merc would get XP for those quests. (And the merc doesn't have to be out for the merc AA XP Overseer rewards).

Just one of those things that makes sense once you hear about it, but didn't occur to me beforehand.
  13. Riou EQResource

Keep in mind though that the Merc being out and getting EXP from overseer seems to be getting nerfed sometime soon, they are adding/have added another EXP type that excludes AA and Merc EXP, imagine more then Overseer Quests will see this added to it

You get roughly 72.9 times the listed player EXP to your mercenary which comes out to around 4x higher then what is listed as the "Merc EXP" reward with overseer quests that give this reward
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I just re-read the patch notes. Didn't see any of what you mention. What's your source?
  15. Riou EQResource

https://spells.eqresource.com/eqstrhistory.php?mdy=05192020

It did not look like it was implemented yet on Test though so probably another Month at least until fix

Ngreth posted within the past few weeks about this not being intended too so it likely is the fix to that
  16. Flat Toad Elder

***For thrifty merc boosting; If you wish to pinch cp's, suggest grabbing 5 missions (current max), waiting until all are finished... THEN fire up merc and click reward claim on all 5... after which, sending him/her/it back to sleepytown til next harvest time.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Truthfully, my merc is always out when I hand in quests, because I live in molo-land. The only time it's not out is when I head to town. Which is also when I do my Overseer quests :(
  18. Nolrog Augur

I have overseer quests going almost continually. I have been running every 6 hour quest I can, and then starting new ones as soon as they are doing. Doing 6 hour because critical success nets you a new agent. When there aren't any 6 hour tasks left, then I run a 12. Now that there will be a new recruit every time the quests rotate, I may look to do longer ones.

If you have suggestions to improve the UI, you should suggest them. The devs always seem to be open to improvements.
  19. Sokon Augur

Overseer is awesome. I burned all my saved up DBC + some on it and while I ground out 100% AA I leveled from 110-115 with just overseer missions, also accrued a bunch of merc AA's while accepting exp as the reward.

The collection item dispensers are super nice and they have allowed me to much more easily complete my TBM and ROS collections. Getting that last 1-2 pieces of a set where otherwise you may have spent several more hours to find them is a huge benefit. I like convenience and collections were anything but convenient prior to this addition.

Right now there isn't anything else on the merchant that excites me. I did however buy the dark crystal staff(2hb ornament) cause it's dope AF.

Hopefully we will see a big upgrade to this system in a years time or so with more items on the merchant. I am also sure it has generated some cash for Daybreak which I am a fan of anything that can bring in more revenue for the game. And since you can burn DBC on this, I am sure it has.
  20. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

over 5% level exp for 8 alts I can't fit in a group and would be sidelined is worth 10 minutes twice a day.
    KarmaKitty likes this.