Leveling path on new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arugan, May 18, 2020.

1. Arugan Lorekeeper

I read in several places that ZEMs were adjusted, but I don't know exactly when that happened. I haven't played on TLP since Agnarr so I don't know if that impacted anything. Does anyone know what the main leveling zones will be during classic on the new TLPs?

On Agnarr, it was for the most part:

Faydwer: Crushbone->Unrest->Lguk->Hole
    Antonica: Commons/Oasis->Uguk->Lguk->Hole

Did we see any deviation from this on Mangler? Any predictions for Aradune/Rizlona?

I personally would like to spend more time in zones like Permafrost, Mistmoore, SolA/B, etc.
  2. Kutsuu Augur

They generally decreases ZEMs in zones with a high modifier, and increased them in zones with a low modifier (like outdoor zones). Afaik there there is no actual list out there of what the exact modifiers are now, but you can assume that it's not as big a deal as it used to be.

That said, people will flock to the zones they're used to flocking to, and you can find lots of other decent grinding spots that are comparatively empty.
  3. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Remember The Hole doesn't open up until Phinny, Naggy, and Vox have died.

The reason those zones happen to be the meta is because loot is decent, exp is decent, and the mobs are easy. Nerfing the exp a little hasn't changed much.
    Sithil likes this.
  4. Barder-mangler Augur

On mangler iirc the first 50's actually got there in OOT, not Lguk.

Permafrost, mistmoore, Sol A/B are all viable, no reason to avoid them. I actually did MM on Mangler from 22-34 and it was very good xp. A real hidden gem in Lguk is live side, its under appreciated but a great place to level.

That being said, once the hole opens, you should be there if your primary goal is leveling fast.
  5. Ultrazen Augur

The biggest driving factors aren't ZEMs, they are convenience and general pain in the butt-ness of zones. I don't care if they set the ZEM to 1000%, I'm not going in Befallen lol.

There are so many zones, especially in classic, that are just buggy, pathing problem deathtraps.
  6. RibbitDivot New Member

Most zems are the same. Don't believe the devs about the Nerf. Live guk is great because it has 100 zem. Mm still had a solid bump.
  7. Sithil Elder

Leveling paths have generally stayed the same for 2 reasons:
    1.) ZEM changes weren't big enough swings to force people out of 1 zone and into another
    2.) LGUK, SolB, The Hole are all loot/gear spots. So people will head there, even if OoT Goblins has better XP but drops nothing except the occasional Rusty weap.
  8. Arugan Lorekeeper

Now that you guys mention it, I do remember dinging 50 at OoT goblins. First time I've ever xp'd there and I actually enjoyed in quite a bit (minus fighting the AE powerlevel groups for pulls).

Can you still charm Allizewsaur or did they fix that? I think I remember reading that you cant charm "named" mobs anymore.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

If he is considered "named" then likely not. I've ran into mobs without the "rare" tag, and still immune to charm, the gypsies in mistmoore was one.

I'm not sure if those were always immune, or they got flagged immune with the changes because they do drop some loot.
  10. BoatsNotes New Member

That giant lizard was certainly charmable on Agnarr, Coirnav and Mangler so I assume that hasn't changed unless I missed something.
  11. Hinastorm86 Augur

You'd have to find the patch note and compare it to those releases.
  12. error Augur

Yeah, that's what 90% of the playerbase is going to do, sans the people who stay in lguk and avoid the Hole completely. People do level in alternative locations, but if you're just pugging it you're better off sticking around these areas.
  13. Protagonist Tank

It's called the "g imps and simps path" because it's where the bottomfeeders all sink to their level. You'll find plenty of groups, but the absolute lowest amount of competence.
  14. Sikkun Augur

Charm patch didn’t happen until middle of Kunark on Mangler so also likely he was charmable and may not be now.
  15. Fluid Augur

One spot I see being overlooked are guards inside Oggok. The ones at the entrance have been buffed to level that makes them unreasonable, but the ones inside drop like a bag of dirt. All around level 30 and drop OK loot. Many guilds put it on their hit list. It is a narrow level range vs something like OOT where you can get all the way from 10 to 50, just not a lot of competition.
  16. Herf Augur

Murderer!
    Fluid and Tuskapoli like this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

The Hole is pretty awful experience in the upper 40s from what I recall. Sure, if you're in a group with two charmed rock golems you're going to be slaying stuff but it takes a lot of mobs.
  18. Ayoheee Augur

If you want to minimize time from 1-50 pick a path that doesn't require moving around much and and where you're not running out of mobs.

You're not getting exp when you're running across Norrath to get to your next lvling spot. Lots of individual zones are nice exp but the run between them kills you. No number of undead nuking classes makes the 30 minutes to run back and forth between unrest worth it.

You're not getting exp when you're waiting for repops. It's quantity not quality, being way ahead of everyone else and the first group to hamlord meaning you can pull everything from Savant to Lord makes it pretty good exp. If you're in the middle of the pack, fighting 3 groups for the dar hall makes it god awful exp. There aren't enough mobs at Efreeti, the sonic bats and beetles are better than nothing but having a huge percentage of the mobs you're killing be light blue is going to drastically slow your exp down in the mid-high 40's. OOT goblins is soul crushing but unfortunately it's the best place to hit 50 until the Hole opens, at which point you probably already lost the race to 50 but the consolation prize is a way, way better exp zone.
  19. Laronk Augur

For people who are pugging specially those with smaller playtime windows it's best to go where you are going to get a group. But some people should really try to get out of the easy path.
  20. Sturn Augur

Why would you need to "run back and forth between Unrest"? You can stay there for 10-20 levels if you want.