Summon Corpse requires lvl 255

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by phaeril, May 18, 2020.

1. phaeril Augur

[IMG]
    Barton and Grok like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

It was replaced with Spell: Conjure Corpse.
  3. Herf Augur

Oh, is THAT why these lvl 255 spells still drop? I have a bunch of them on Agnarr in my bank because I couldn't figure out what to do with them.

So they just created the new spell and rather than delete the old one, they just set it to a (currently) impossible level?
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Depends how the loot tables work, its either an oversight that they drop, or too much work to prune it out of every mob. Even though its not usable, technically not a bug they drop, but could open a request on the vet forums suggesting that they be removed from the loot tables. Or just sell them to vendor for a little plat.
  5. phaeril Augur

The problem is that it should be usable in classic on TLP servers and is currently not.
    Barton likes this.
  6. Riou EQResource

They did delete them in the spell file that should be why it shows like that :p
  7. phaeril Augur

Right, but it is sort of irrelevant. The problem is not that they removed the spell data without removing the item.

The problem is that Necromancers and Shadow Knights lost the ability to summon corpses that they would otherwise have for the most popular era of their most popular server lines.

Maybe assigning something like https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=2245 a name and put it on the item so that we can summon corpses that mater before kunark again.

https://spells.eqresource.com/spellsearch.php?name=Summon Corpse&class=&level=1&range=greater&expac=&order=asc&source=live&searchname=true&searchcastyou=true&searchcastother=true&searchlandonself=true&searchlandonother=true&searchwearoff=true&searchdescription=true&searcheffects=true

Just look at the list of them that are available, with the era markings, and the levels they can summon corpses of. The fact that the range that Summon Corpse covers in the era it is relevant (35-50), is now missing, which is annoying, broken, and wrong.

You can't summon corpses over lvl 35 until kunark, which is both stupid and a bug. I should probably update the post to be more clear. Can't update the original post, /shrug
  8. GNOME_POWER Augur

Only lose experience.
    No problem.
  9. phaeril Augur

Can lose all the XP you like, it won't move your corpse around.
  10. sieger Augur

I'm confused on the claim this was replaced by Conjure Corpse. Conjure Corpse has existed as a separate spell since Kunark released. Conjure Corpse was / is a level 57 spell for Necromancers (I think it used to be level 65 for SHD, but got reduced to 57), the big difference between the level 57 spell and the lower level Summon Corpse was Conjure used Tiny Jade Coffins which were stackable while the older spell used the Jade Inlaid Coffin which was a 2-slot container (so not-stackable.)

The net effect is on TLPs Necromancers and Shadow Knights can't summon corpses until level 57+ in Kunark, which is not in line with the original progression of the game. The Ishva Mal dropped scroll and the spell it gave had been a part of the game for 20 years.
  11. sieger Augur

12. Barton The Mischievous

Might just abandon this post and make one that states that the ability to summon corpses over 35 on TLP's during classic is broke due to this spell being "removed" by making it level 255. I would definitely add a like. Since this forum makes editing in some cases impossible.
  13. Darxin New Member

Did this get fixed and put on Classic TLP yet? Information seems mixed online.