Raiding warriors need higher mitigation values cap on their abilities next expansion

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by p2aa, May 16, 2020.

1. p2aa Augur

Some discs are now fading too fast on hardest ToV raid bosses hitters, like AoW and Icebound Bledrek. With an average melee hit of 50 k + on gameparse.

Dissident Shielding last around 20 sec of 1 min base duration, it was 50 sec in TBL
    Roaring Shield last around 25 sec of 3 min base duration, it was 1 min 30 in TBL
    Warrior's Rampart line has always been much too low, but it managed to go from 10 sec in TBL to 5 sec in ToV, of 3 min base duration

The upgrade to Warlord's Bravery was appreciated, it raised the duration from 30 sec in TBL to 50 sec in ToV, for an actual 1 min 30 total possible. But it's far to cover the big loss on Dissident Shielding and Roaring Shield, especially given that Warlord's Bravery refresh time is much longer.

While I'm not asking that all disc should last all of their base duration, in my opinion at least Dissident Shielding should be bumped to 40-45 sec, and Roaring Shield to 1 min 30-1 min 40
    Warrior's Rampart getting a bump too would also be overdue, a full 30 sec would be appreciated.
    And versus next expansions raid bosses, not current raid bosses.

This can be done by just increasing the max values of the disc before it fades.
    Funky, Dre., Thoxsel and 4 others like this.
  2. Tuco Augur

/signed

These changes would also benefit grouping warriors as well.
    mightymouse1 likes this.
  3. Kobrah Augur

Dragon glyph.
  4. p2aa Augur

Dragon Glyph should be used as an "exceptional" tool, not as a "common" tool. I prefer they nerf it raising the refresh from 10 min to 30 min.
    Also you can use max 5 glyph in a raid, so it's definately not a viable solution.
  5. Triconix Augur

Should be nerfed with core Tank abilities strengthened.
    Dre. likes this.
  6. mightymouse1 New Member

Upgrading war mitigation discs would be most welcome for the next expansion.

I hope a Dev sees this thread and actually passes it along
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Nay. I disagree. Just remove WAR from the eligible classes if you're all not liking them to have that option. Other classes need it at times. Dragon Glyph also needs to be stronger next expac too.
  8. Triconix Augur

If other classes need it, core abilities should be created for them. We shouldn't have the best melee & spell mitigation, hp buff in game cheaply thrown out to everyone with a 50% uptime.
    Dre. and mightymouse1 like this.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

No argument there although cheap it relative (i.e. everyone not max AA finds them expensive). I.e. glyph consumption is for the elite, not the masses.

It should be obvious that the Devs have put in the glyph economy to provide those (game balancing) abilities and with AA exp as the currency. Saves the Devs a lot of time designing the game to be sure. It's not going away, therefore it needs to be maintained with new ranks (of every glyph type) and possibly even new types.
  10. Tuco Augur

The problem isn't that warriors don't have good enough mitigation options, it's that the ones they have with value caps aren't keeping pace with others.
    German, Wulfhere and mightymouse1 like this.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

New improves ranks for each of them then. May hap tune the ToV ones as suggested as well.
  12. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I am on board with these suggestions.
    I would really like to see warriors get an upgraded rune proc option via aug or weapon. It has been far to long really.
    Funky and Tuco like this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I main a Bard. And I agree with this 100%.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

How about raid mobs not be able to hit you 100% of the time. That would be neat.
    Allayna, Dre. and SubEffect like this.
  15. Yahsha Journeyman

Dragon Glyph is an exceptional tool. War mitigation combined with discs, AA and clickies is enough to handle everything up to and including ToV tier 3 - even with minimal ToV raid gear.

Can it be done with one tank? No, requires a team. It also requires healers to dig deep into their abilities to ensure the tank/raid stay alive - its doable - just requires coordination and teamwork.
  16. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

17. Gazzi New Member

Maybe a good starting point will be to fix useless existing disc. I still don't understand how it is possible to keep a defensive-meant ability like armor of useless runes not to proc... And that for how many years ??
  18. German Augur

Agree with raising the caps. Rampart and Bravery last less than Flash of Anger.

I would expect next expansion to give us a new dissident though, so at least that one is covered. Warriors Rampart is a sad upgrade, Bravery is one of the last ones I'll press and really only used when not rotating a glyph. Even our BP clicks as well as others like Cleric could have used a bump.

While you're at it, upgrade the blades AE hate please.

Some of these things could be adjusted by perhaps looking at the focus tab or add a few haste/bosltering options there. I'd gladly spend 1400AAs to increase just one of the consumables more.

Or I dunno, give us some modern rune options.