Crafting in TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rasper Helpdesk, May 17, 2020.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Hi guys,

I'm trying to collect information on what unlocks as the different expansions open. Some of the later stuff is pretty clear like cultural armor with DoN, crafted weapons in SoD, crafted bows with Underfoot. But other stuff I'm less clear on:

Original cultural (like Koada'dal Mithril) - I think this is in classic, or is it Kunark?
    Blue-Diamond cultural (like Blessed Full Mithril) - Is it Velious or Luclin? I know it requires velium, but I remember making it during Luclin originally.
    Alchemy Revamp - Was this DoN? Or later?

Are there any other period recipes that stand out? I recall something like faithstones or idols being later than people expected.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

This would be great.

There are probably tons of relatively unknown crafts that just get ignored.

Hot gives planar tradeskill backpacks which are fantastic.
  3. Gremin Augur

Original is kunark, non blue diamond enchant is velious, bd is luclin and next huge one is DoN.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'm not an alchemist but I believe the revamp you are reffering to happens in PoR. Coirnav is mid PoR now and there was alot of talk a couple weeks ago about how Greater Conc pots and Benefit Awareness pots were no longer craftable.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Thanks guys. This is a crude version of what I'm working on (started today) - https://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/TLP/expPoR.html

The idea is to have the full drop down for expansions so you can see "What happens when my server hits xyz?". The Type drop down will have pages for Crafting, Zone unlocks, Zone revamps, Spell/aa unlocks so you can quickly see "What expansion do I get xyz?" The Anniversary tab will be a listing of all events (don't think I'll go into detail, maybe just a link to Alla) in Expansion order so you can see "My server is on xyz expansion in March, what do we get?"
  6. Protagonist Tank

7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thats an awesome idea!
    side note: I assume by Spell Unlock you mean that era is avail in PoK and while this is something you've just started so maybe its a mockup I just wanted to point out that PoR unlocked GoD spells in PoK and not OoW.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Couple other things I noticed after a quick glance over it, PoP AA were autogranted when PoR unlocked on Coirnav (was unexpected, might be a bug?) and according to the July 18 2018 patch notes Exalted Cultural Symbols unlock with TSS now not SoF =)
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Thanks, I actually have a "Omens?" in my notes because I wasn't quite sure, and it isn't something I can exactly back up to check. I have Gates unlocking in DoDH, is it possible it unlocked then and nothing in PoR, or nothing in DoDH and Gates in PoR.

Edit: This is one reason I wanted to do it, too much conflicting info! EQT had the symbols with SoF (they make sense with TSS) and Alla has the PoP AA with TSS.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Great question and I can't clearly recall, I just know OoW spells aren't available yet in PoR. Someone who has a number of boxes/alts that didn't manage to get all their spells in era will have to comment.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yeah its very difficult to nail it down because what was true on Phinny, isn't necessarily true on Coirnav, or Mangler, or Aradune. Constant tweaking and changing and things getting shuffled around should make this a fun task for you to keep up to date =D
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Just went back through my guild log where I stated Gates unlocked with PoR, so that answers that. I did find that the GoD zones are Meant to unlock 30 days after PoR release, but on Selo they opened 30 days after TSS release, so be on the lookout for that.
  13. Protagonist Tank

https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers

DoDH Autogrants Luclin
    TSS Autogrants PoP
    SoF Autogrants GOD
    SoD Autogrants OoW
    Underfoot Autogrants DoDH
    HoT Autogrants TSS
    VoA Autogrants SoF
    RoF Autogrants SoD
    CoTF Autogrants Underfoot
    TDS Autogrants HoT
    TBM Autogrants VoA
    EoK Autogrants RoF
    RoS Autogrants CotF
    TBL Autogrants TDS
    ToV Autogrants TBM
  14. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Yeah, I used that as a base, but TweakFour17 up there just confirmed that Coirnav got PoP with PoR, which contradicts the list.
  15. Protagonist Tank

Unless there was an undocumented and un-noted patch changing it, I'm skeptical. PoP AAs came with TSS on Phinny. It was one of the major recruitment pushes and DBG advertisement pushes at the time.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Hence why I mentioned it was unexpected and a possible bug, since the zam link above (presumably based off Phinny) indicated that PoR would have no auto grant. I assure you Coirnav DID get PoP autogranted during PoR. Is it possible something they tweaked with expansion release order (LoY being included in PoP maybe? Was it like that on Phinny?) pushed it up an expac?
  17. Gremin Augur

Protagonist likes this.
  18. Hythos Augur

Many Enchanted recipes were available in original "Live" Kunark.
    Some Imbued recipes were available in original "Live" Kunark.

Most Enchanted recipes (IE, Tier'Dal enchanted chainmail), and some Imbued recipes were available in previous TLP's during Kunark.

Mangler had this changed to where certain specific items needed for Tier'Dal (Essense of Shadow) & some Human recipes (Essense of Sunlight for Enchanted Full Plate) could not be combined until Luclin despite Humans (Seafarer's / Seaweed & mugs of SeafoaM), High Elves and Wood Elves being combine-able in Velious.
  19. Nolrog Augur

This is one of the best sites that I've found for what happens when. Doesn't have everything but will answer most questions.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Servers

Alchemy revamp was PoR.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Seafarer armor (human cultural smithing) was combinable before Velious on Coirnav, I want to say it was during classic but for sure Kunark as I used that to prep my TS for shawl 1.0 before Velious launched.