Guild leader mia - no problem!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, May 13, 2020.

1. Skinwalker New Member

Your guild neither leads raids nor does it actively participate in open raids.

So the leadership aspect is literally a quarter of what raiding guilds of any capacity has to deal with.

I am very curious outside of tagging some one or an alt (which officers can do and do not require a guild leader to do.) What do you specifically do that guild officers can not do themselves in a none raid guild ?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We are obviously two very different types of guild leaders. And we have run very different types of guilds. I very much consider what my guild is and has been over the years a direct result of all the heart and spirit I have put into it. I very much consider it as something of mine that I share with others. And of course I have also been leading it since I created it in Dec 99. In over 20 years of running my guild the one and only constant has been me. I take running a guild very seriously. And like you if I was going to quit I would make sure the guild was taken care of. Because I created it and it is my creation and mine to decide what to do with. That being said a good leader takes care of their members at the same time.

And we have two different views on guilds. Maybe your guild was just a collection of players. Consider mine much more. Any guild that is just a collection of players probably isn't a very good guild to be honest.

I have seen many irresponsible guild leaders out there but I am not ready to be painted with the same brush.

and yeah years and years of paying for website hosting, TS servers, guild neighbourhoods. Ultimate editions for port clickies.. plus all the heart I have put into making my guild what it is with the reputation it has.. yes I consider it my guild that I share with others :)
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

First off we do particpate in open raids not sure what that has to do with things.

I deal with all the people issues good and bad. I create the type of environment in guild chat that suits the type of player I want to provide a guild for. I talk to folks about personal issues in their RL or game. I am there to give some folks a second chance and to make the hard decisions when it doesn't work out. I have spent 20 years working on giving our guild the type of reputation I want it to have. My guild is called Lions of the Heart for a reason. I am much much more into the people aspect of things. For 20 years I have tried to make myself available every time a member needed to talk to me.

I suspect the issue is these are things you find unimportant in the game. If its not raiding it's not worth doing right? I disagree and the nice thing is Everquest has room for both of us. But I suspect you aren't able to see value in another's dream. Thats okay some folks just don't get it.

Oh and we did raid at one time but I took us in another direction. :)

Everquest is just a game. The people playing it are real and that is where I concentrate my gulideadership.

Its perfectly fine if the game is just a game to some and the people are irrelevant. Thats a valid way to play but please recognize it is not the only way to play.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

There is a simple solution. Add a new rank. usurp leader. Exactly the same as a leader but can not demote or promote a non-usurp leader.

End of debate.
  5. Celephane Augur

The patch notes specifically say the guild leader must be offline for a year. That is the only way the command works, presumably.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think it might just be best to wait until we see exactly what the command does as for now we are just speculating on what happens to the existing leader.
    Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

But... he said end of debate!
    Vumad, Corwyhn Lionheart and Tatanka like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Whoa! A little bit of trust and a modicum of patience? Heresy I say! Heresy!! Light the torches!

Seriously, after the 24 hour patch, and the possible week of follow on patches, we will know. In other words, in about 45 hours.
    Barton likes this.
  9. Triconix Augur

Don't respond to that clown. He isn't worth the time.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Old&Slow Journeyman

"Neither leads nor raids"?
    Exactly how much time have you spent on the Xegony server?
    Do we have mega-player raiding events on a regular basis? No. But we do have mini-raids and have had many of our members join others to go on raiding events. Corwyhn maintains good relations with those guilds that do raid. But that is one of the ways he leads our guild.
    Another is the fact that being in Lions is not just another job for us. We do not have to maintain some rigid standards for gear, level, active playing time or attendance just to be able to enjoy EQ. I guess that may be the difference in styles also. But that doesn't mean he doesn't help us to better our characters, our play and our time that we spend playing EQ. I think that is another example of how he leads.
    We have a lot of great officers in LotH. These officers have a great deal of knowledge that they impart to the rest of us in order to help us play how we want to play. He leads by recognizing these people and places them in officer roles in order to help ALL the members of our guild. And not just members of our guild, but others that might have questions or need help in general chat.
    Many of our players will step up to help when another player calls out for aid in general chat regardless of what guild tag that player may be wearing. Cor leads by providing us with a sense of community responsibility not just for our players in the guild but for all players. And it isn't just words on his part but by example too. Very, very few players on Xegony have never experienced the "Super-buff party" that Corwyhn holds for all players not just those of us in LotH.
    I am not surprised to know by his post that he has in place contingencies for the continuation of our guild. I would think that is another example of leading.
    There are other such examples. But in the end, I guess it would come down to your definition of the word "leads".
    Sorry for this missive, but I just couldn't let that post sit without some sort of response.
    I will stick with my definition and with Corwyhn and the Lions.
    Elyssanda likes this.