Server transfers from Aradune to Riz?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, May 17, 2020.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

I doubt it, but has there been any official word of transfers between Aradune and Riz.
    The overall opinion seems to be that Riz will last longer, into xpacs past PoP, which I would prefer, but I also believe there is a good chance they will both be dead after PoP, so Id like to play on Aradune, which will have much higher assortment of guilds to choose from, then evaluate a transfer over to Riz if its population is higher post pop.
  2. Fudly Elder

This is a good idea.
  3. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

They are pretty much the same server, with same unlocks, being released at the same time, I dont see why they wouldnt do this to make money off of transfers.
  4. Kabshaak Journeyman

I think this is a great idea and I hope it can gain some traction

I am choosing Rizlona to start out with, but I see the popularity of Aradune and I wish I could be part of that busy community. My main worry is that Aradune's population would die down after PoP era and I would be stuck on a 2box limit server, when I could have just been on Rizlona and added more boxes to counteract the inevitable drop in population
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Would make sense to allow transfer between them as 1 fizzles out, ragefire/lockjaw did the same thing right?
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am thinking that as ideas go this has its heart in the right place.

Track-record would suggest that this just won't happen though, firstly only 1 TLP has to my knowledge ever been able to transfer to another TLP (Lockjaw to Ragefire) and those two servers had the exact same rule-set.

With Aradune & Rizlona having a major difference of Truebox vs No-Truebox & a box-cap vs no-box cap I think they are going to be two servers that will never be able to transfer between each other despite them both sharing an identical unlock schedule & releasing at the same time.
  7. Protagonist Tank

This is a fair arguement against Riz -> Aradune transfers, but it doesn't really hold water against Aradune -> Riz ones.

That said, I agree that it's unlikely they'll allow them.
  8. MMOer Augur

Yeah, lets allow xfers from bot/box server... no way to exploit for krono there. /s
  9. sumnayin Augur

This is why I say no. This would be just as bad as when DBG decided to give exploiters 250k platinum during classic for spells missing out of their spellbook after intentionally buying race changes to wipe their spellbooks so that they could get 250k platinum DURING CLASSIC when most people had 1-5k tops
  10. Ashian Augur

The suggestion is Aradune —> Rizlona, not the other way around. Given Rizlona has the exact same characteristics as Aradune except for less restrictive boxing rules, I think this makes complete sense and should be made available. I do NOT think Rizlona —> Aradune should be made possible because you shouldn’t be able to go from a less restrictive environment to a more restrictive one. This is consistent with one way transfers to FV from live servers.

Also, to the poster above, one way transfers were permitted from Vulak Aerr to Fippy Darkpaw as well.
    Barton likes this.
  11. jeskola pheerie

wow, the guy suggests Aradune to Rizlona transfers opened one-way, which would help balance population and alleviate overcrowding on Aradune, and the replies are "ZOMG NO EVIL BOTTERZ FROM RIZLONA ALLOWED ON MY PARADISE!". Do you guys even read before your ignorant overreactions kick in?
    Alakshak likes this.