Questions regarding upcoming Brekt to FV merge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Domrain, May 14, 2020.

1. Domrain New Member

So if my account has max of 14 characters (8 given, 3 dolls, 3 dbc) and has all 14 filled on FV
    and also has all 14 filled on Brekt what happens after the merge?

Are the 14 from Brekt technically on FV but I do not have access to until I free one of the FV character slots?

Are the 14 from Brekt pretty much just deleted?

While not all on FV are max level, several are. If I free a FV slot before the merge do I need to
    delete all Brekt chars I do not want or will they transfer over in last order logged on. Meaning Log onto the 2 or 3 i'd like to be able to play after making 2 or 3 spots on FV. And are the rest just in limbo or deleted?

A detailed DEV response would rock. But any feedback welcome. I really think a /retire feature would help. Log onto a character /retire it and all or a good portion of exp or aa
    becomes available to gift or 'rested / fellowship' bonus exp to selected character you wish to
    use it on. That way these merges and character limits do not cause as much risk of feeling you wasted time on different server or different class. I mean its a game it is all a waste of time; but still.

But back to my main question if I free two slots on FV and just log onto the two I want to keep from Brekt those two I most recently log onto will be the first to populate the two available slots on FV?
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still no answer with regard to language after the merge.

Brekt has Common, FV does not. Will my chars from Brekt be able to still use common?
  4. Bobokin Augur

5. Questoften32 Augur

Dose it mess with FV bonus XP, or any rules? I assume beck as being absorbed by FV will inherit its rules and benefits in entirety?

BTW off topic but speaking of xp:

Warriors should still get bonus xp you know how hard it is to level them on any server at least from 1 to 59-60 pre any ''really contextually useful'' AA, and when most unlikely to be unable group.Just being sensible here. They are stuck on auto attack ''most'' of this time.

They have unfair disadvantage slower killing then, so its why they were given it, to compensate for a early stage short fall, its not a gift but a balancing act.

They have a initial handicap, the alternative is to make them stronger early on ofc ie up kick or something '' likely PO monks''. ''Or a Special aa'' or 1-60 class specific charm option/aug ''Better''.
  6. Laronk Augur

Common, is just human iirc
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Currently both my Erudite and Vah Shir on Brekt have Common, all conversations on Brekt take place using common, all NPCs speak common.

Not sure how this all works on FV and trying to get any answers from Daybreak is met with silence.
  8. Zamiam Augur

you know how easy it is to lvl a warrior from 1 to 95 .. they are prolly the easiest to lvl / PL .
    A Tank merc alone will get them from 1 - 65 .. then switch to healer and go from 65 to 95 .. .
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

Common does not exist on FV, you will want to get Elvish to 100 if you plan to talk to other players.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Are you telling me I will lose the ability I already have to speak common? Something I have on Brekt and have had since day 1.

This needs to be addressed before the servers merge next week.
  11. kizant Augur

Common has no use on FV. You better speak Elvish.
    Kuvani likes this.
  12. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

The way to address it is to learn Elvish. Spam your mercenary. You'll be good to go in about 10 to 20 minutes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The way to address it is to enable common on FV. They are forcing this move on Brekt why should players from Brekt have to waste time learning languages.
  14. Palamar New Member

Took me five minutes to max elvish, half of that was setting up the macro....

OP brings up a valid issue. Language thing, not so much.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Addikeys Elder

Take a look at the thread that was linked. I had similar questions. Got a quick response from Dreamweaver via a PM I sent regarding the issue. Pasting my comment here:

The characters beyond your character limit will be on the roster, but unplayable. You will have to free up slots for them to become playable. I believe this is like some silver accounts reverting to f2p reducing character limits and "greying out" certain characters.

So after the merge, you could conceivably have 28 characters in your roster on FV, but 14 unplayable.

Are the 14 from Brekt technically on FV but I do not have access to until I free one of the FV character slots?

The 14 from Brekt will be on FV. All characters created before 3/16/12 fill the playable slots first. Then, the characters created after 3/16/12 fill in the remaining slots based upon the most recently logged in characters first.

Are the 14 from Brekt pretty much just deleted?

No characters will be deleted.

While not all on FV are max level, several are. If I free a FV slot before the merge do I need to
    delete all Brekt chars I do not want or will they transfer over in last order logged on. Meaning Log onto the 2 or 3 i'd like to be able to play after making 2 or 3 spots on FV.

That's what I'm going to do.

And are the rest just in limbo or deleted?

On your roster, but unplayable.

But back to my main question if I free two slots on FV and just log onto the two I want to keep from Brekt those two I most recently log onto will be the first to populate the two available slots on FV?

Yup. However, if you have characters on FV created after 3/16/12 that you haven't played in a while, they could be relegated to unplayable if you don't have enough slots and have Brekt characters that you've played more recently . You'd have to delete characters to access them again.
    Domrain likes this.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

Ouch. Just wait until you find out about OOC.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Ssdar and Kolani like this.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Stop whining. This victim woe is me BS on every single thread gets old.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When it winds you up so much......er no!
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Better learn elvish! its so easy to get languages up its not funny. I created a new account to have another trader got her heroic and maxed out all her languages. languages are only tough if your naked and with a super low int/wis. I just spammed my merc. come to fv look me up im in the baz and teach languages if needed just ask.

Andarriel
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Domrain New Member

Thanks Addikeys very helpful. Spent last few nights pruning and deleting a bunch of chars just to be safe and best chances of keeping some names. Such a waste of time a /retire feature would rock. Could of just made one free slot on FV and /retire on all the ones force transferred over some some bonus exp or aa or title...SOMETHING :)
    Addikeys likes this.