Fixed Overseer: Clockwork VIIX

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Pikollo, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

A clockwork named clockwork that looks like a clockwork but is not a clockwork (trait). That a bug?
    Yinla, Baldur, Mukkul and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mithra Augur

Clockwork VIIX is a Spy(3) Gnome/Enchanter
  3. Axxius Augur

Please check the traits on this agent. There is a quest (Courage for Kirathas) that requires a skilled Spy with the exact traits of VIIX but, of course, it wants a Clockwork, not a Gnome. And there is no other Clockwork Spy Cautious Enchanter.
    Mukkul likes this.
  4. niente Developer

I don't want to spoil it, but look up the NPC. I agree some Overseer quests have unobtainable agent matching stats (in this case I think the quest is off, not the agent).
    Wulfhere and Nniki like this.
  5. Imukai Augur

Is VIIX supposed to be 69 in someone's lexicon?

Is there a lore book that describes Gnoman Numerals?
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Gnoman Numerals. You, my friend, just made my day. :D
    Winnowyl, Hegsheoshed and Prathun like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

In future ages we will all treasure the all too quickly fading memory of the birth of a new numbering system. Absolutely classic. I await the complete version. I do have a question though. Will it have a zero? I turned 60 recently and I need to know for some forms.

What a year it has been. First, we learned of "gormless knobs", and now this. I am almost overwhelmed.
  8. Hegsheoshed Augur

Let me fix that for you. Gnoman Gnumerals
  9. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I posted about this in the veterans area a while back but I cannot seem to find anything definitive. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/overseer-clockwork-viix.265589/#post-3901395

This NPC is part of the enchanter Epic. Hopefully someone more familiar with the lore can explain it to me but this post seems to confirm it for me. This is a gnome enchanter with a clockwork illusion. Although, in GMM, the lore seems to indicate an owner can imbue a clockwork with their spirit/personality/essence what have you.

Every time I see Clockwork/Enchanter in the bonus I curse this agent.
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

He's not a clockwork. In several instances, it asks for a Benevolent Clockwork that is Spy 3. There isn't one. This is the closest. Please fix, this is driving me batty, and it's a very short trip.
  11. Nniki Augur

12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still needs fixing.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

14. Soulbanshee Augur

Not a bug.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5236
    Clockwork VIIX

Quest NPC
    [IMG]

Although appearing as a clockwork, he's actually a gnome in disguise whose real name is Mizzle Gepple.
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I just played through TDS-progression and one of the npc's(firiona vie's father, Galeth) also ends up as a clockwork. which leaves me wondering: Are clockworks pure robotic beings? cyborgs, or former living beings trying to cheat death(mechanical bodies containing souls)? :eek:
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

The answer is Gnomes, so yes.
  18. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Either way, I just want him to either be marked as a clockwork, or to have that changed. Tho it sounds like maybe it's supposed to be that way.
  19. Soulbanshee Augur

Yinla likes this.
  20. TrueNorth Developer

This has been fixed internally.