Enchanter duo help

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Randomgamer, May 16, 2020.

1. Randomgamer Journeyman

Hi all I am trying to decide on what class to duo with enchanter on the new tlp. I know cleric would be an obvious choice but wanted other options. I have thought of Monk, SK, Necro, Druid.
    I have only dabbled with an enchanter before so this time I want to play one for real. I have played a SK and Necro before would like to get your thoughts on a good combo.

Thanks
  2. Batbener Augur

Druid is the best choice. Heals, snares, run speed, hp buffs, ports, thorns, and mana regen that stacks at a later date.
    Pelrond likes this.
  3. Hinastorm86 Augur

Cleric and druid and the best choices. I've done small box setups with an enchanter and either a druid or cleric before, and I enjoyed having the druid more, at least pre luclin. Having to beg people for rezzes does suck though.

You need some sort of healing. Shaman would work ok too, but no real reason to pick it over druid or cleric for this duo.
  4. TheTone Elder

Cleric is a runaway #1 because of CH.

Druid is a somewhat distant second.

Any of those other boxes would be tricky due to lack of heals.
  5. Ultrazen Augur

I 2 boxed Druid, and I'd take it any and every day of the week over a cleric. Snare, sow, ports, evacs, damage shields. Besides, you don't heal charmed tanks, you rotate them out and kill the low hit point one. It's faster, it's way less mana, and it's more exp per hour. Your charm is going to break regardless, so you just get used to the timing of charming a new tank as the old one is breaking. In the event you do want to keep a particular mob as your tank, I never had a single problem doing that with a druid.

Even without ports, evacs, and sow, snare alone is worth it. If you are trying to dungeon crawl without snare, best of luck. It's a tremendous pain in the rear. Root breaks, gets line of sighted, etc. Snare is awesome because once it's on the mob, you're done and you don't have to worry. It's an easy part of the druid macro/assist.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

What do you want to do?

If your goal is raw power the cleric wins by a landslide.

If you love to get around and see different zones then you'd have a case for the druids porting.

If you don't want to charm then the melee benefit from the buffs. But you give up too much imo.

The problem with enc is that their charm is just too good up through pop so even if you play a monk you'll be better off just focusing on the enc. The bang for the buck just isn't close.
  7. Randomgamer Journeyman

I admit I was leaning SK at 1st but you all have got me thinking druid. All that utility would really come in handy plus the ports. Thanks all :)
  8. Randomgamer Journeyman

I'm looking to main my chanter but to have a good duo to help with quests and have extra dps for soloing. Haven't decided if raiding or not yet. I have boxed a cleric before on raids. They are good for sure. Why would you say cleric over druid Hooden? Just curious.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Druids dont get the same class of heals as cleric... clr are just on another level and early oh CH is the most striking difference.

Druids are built on an old school eq template that is antithesis to modern tlp. They have regen, thorns and dots, all of which favor drawn out fights. Modern tlp is murder fast and wait for nothing.

I've played both and I like the toolkit of a druid but 9 times out of 10 when you're actually killing mobs you want the most player power and cleric just wins that easy.
  10. Cabdru TTV Apprentice

There is so much content you can't do with enc dru that you can with enc cler. All that content would generate a huge amount of plat / krono.
  11. Minpire Augur

ENCH / Cleric, hands down
  12. a_librarian Augur

Go druid. You want ports in classic. Also you can run two charm pets in some zones if you feel like working way way to hard at playing this video game.