after the free month on tlps have the numbers of players dropped?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 11, 2020.

1. mark Augur

so after people got a free month did they stop playing on the servers are they still busy ?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

after the free month on tlps have the numbers of players dropped?

Yes

The ones that were busy before still are.

In other news, water is still wet.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

But is it more wet or less wet than last week?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have no need to know this, but if you do then good luck with that.
  5. Machen New Member

Of course they have dropped.

This isn't the first time we've been through this free month cycle. Last time the pop dropped drastically too.
  6. modsiw Augur

In the last week, 14,000,000,000 tons of glacial ice have melted. Since liquid water is decidedly more wet than ice...
  7. TLP Addict Augur

Safe to assume at least one player didn't subscribe at the end of the free period.

So yes the number of players has most likely dropped.
  8. Tacc Journeyman

Can confirm with 100% certainty that numbers have dropped.

Source: I randomly logged in my old TLP chars during free period to mess around / prep for Aradune. Now that it's no longer free I just use regular servers if I need to test something.
  9. sumnayin Augur

Debatable, because the water level outside Freeport hasn't risen 1 mm in 21 years but we have to hear about "ice" melting.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

That could also be because the Freeport masons are slowly removing the bricks they threw into the water years ago.

So the water rising from glacial melting is being offset. It's basic archimedes principle.
  11. Meredyth Augur

The real question is, does Particle Man get wet underwater, or does the water get him instead? Nobody knows.

Particle Man.
  12. mark Augur

well i have subbed 6 accounts so maybe the numbers have gone up ?what i was really asking was did the servers have a huge drop in population?
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Only the ones that saw a huge increase in F2P players logging in.
  14. Xeris Augur

I can say that Agnarr didn't suffer a "huge" population decline after ftp ended. My guild's pop, which seems to be like 1/3 of the entire server, seems to be the same. We managed to split raid potime Sunday after ftp ended.

There are obviously people who just played b/c of ftp, but I don't think the number of players only playing ftp were "huge" either way. Population is still low on Agnarr :p
    Skuz likes this.
  15. modsiw Augur

Dude. Freeport was totally flooded and had to be rebuilt more inland. How do you not notice that?

Do you really think someone went off and rebuilt the beloved city in to such an inferior version simply because they could?
  16. Pelrond Elder

Qeynos hills seem really empty now. But, hey, Giant Field Rat Whiskers for all!
  17. urbanbo70 Elder

No, the REAL question is - Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?