How do Enchanters level before they get charm?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, May 16, 2020.

1. Sillyfish Elder

Going to be giving the Enchanter+Cleric box a go when the new TLP launches this month. I've intended to do it before, but never done it. Is it just going to be a lot of both characters plus the summoned pet banging away at things until the first Charm spell? I don't see too much offensive spell utility on the Chanter at low levels.
  2. Terranos Elder

Summon animation.

Kill mobs with combination of dots, nukes, melee and assistance from animation.

Have Cleric box do Cleric box stuff to assist.

It's like 11 or 12 levels until charm, a few hours at most.
    Tuco likes this.
  3. sumnayin Augur

Charm isn't great at 11 anyways, no idea why you want to try playing on a new server without grouping. Also, Enchanters have dots and nukes, the same as every other caster.
  4. Basak Augur

Most of the time I level enchanters without the use of Charm, only times I have ever really used it was as a CC tool in groups. I did use charm for solo when I for some odd reason couldn't find a group as an Enchanter.
  5. Protagonist Tank

...it's level 11. Sneeze too hard and you'll level up to charm.
  6. Protagonist Tank

Allow me to explain why.

You were blacklisted by everyone you said this to.
    code-zero and Althrax like this.
  7. Sillyfish Elder

I'm not saying I'll level without grouping, just that I need to be prepared to do so if I have to. I play during Australian hours, which is very offpeak for European and US timezones. If i can't do stuff on my own, sometimes I wont get to do stuff.

That's why I'm asking.
  8. Sokanist Journeyman

not all classes where intended for solo ! and the day all classes are solo classes the game will simple die.

as for enchanters the class has become a very strong solo class, before charm your animated pet will work just fine.

have your animated pet summoned, than hit a mob with a dot, let the mob hit you 1 time so pet will attack it, and back away from mob.
  9. BlingBling Journeyman

Yeah Enchanters get their animation at lvl 1 and it makes leveling them up much easier. It's comparable to necro pets at that level, you just can't give them orders (Which is odd because enchanters can basically give everyone else orders, haha). So the mob has to take a swing or cast a spell on you first.

Enchanters don't need charm to level, they never have. It just happens to be the most dps! Also, at lvl 11, charm is a ton of mana...
  10. Fluid Augur

Not exactly an exhaustive list as I am not a dedicated Enchanter user.

Twink the snot out of your animation. If you can find a Magician a few levels higher to summon you items like magical armor, do it. You get mez at level 2. When your pet is losing, mez will last long enough for it to regain some hit points because they have fast regeneration. You get Fear at level 3! SOP is DOT the MOB, it bangs on you which activates your pets aggro, then hit the MOB with Fear. You and the pet run after it, hitting it from behind while the DOT does its magic.

At level 3 you also have Haze, Strengthen, to make your pet survivable while you wait for Fear to stick.

Your DOTs, such as they are, and your burns, such as they are, your pets, such as they are, are plenty strong to use this strategy until you get Charm. You will inadvertently learn how to aggro kite which is a plus if you get a SoW or use a potion. I come across as a DP shill sometimes, REALLY spend the 90 cents to buy a SoW potion from the market. I chug SoW potions, Clarity potions, and Potions of Adventure like mad during the first few weeks of a TLP server's existance. It is the only way a solo artist can keep up with the BOTs and sock poopers.
  11. sumnayin Augur

god forbid you just play to enjoy the game and not race to 50. On Coirnav I switched characters after a few days and still was 50 in less than 2 weeks without trying and without spending money on pots...that left 10ish weeks of pointless raiding and nothing else to do.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

As someone else said, summon animation. Remember, enchanter pets are given before the level they were originally, so you get a much higher level pet. This makes the first couple of levels after a new pet fast. It slows down some after that, then speeds up again.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Pretty eye opening thread here. None of the Enchanter haters seems to realize that enchanters don't really get an animation spell past the level 2 one on launch day as the only way to get the higher level pets is in HHK. Or the fact that the first charm spells sucks massive balls without higher meditate skill or Clarity/breeze.

The truth is Enchanters really rely on their group to carry them from about level 7 until 23/26ish
    Fluid likes this.
  14. Fluid Augur

I really question you made it to level 50 on your second character in two weeks of 'just playing to enjoy the game'. I just checked a character I have on Coirnav and 3 days 11 hours to make it to level 20. I can't remember how hard I played there, but 84 hours to level 20. Another character that didn't quest as much for pp, level 16 after 56 hours played.

Perhaps it is that we have a different opinion on just what a sock pooper or 'play to enjoy the game is? I am skeptical that anyone made it to level 50 in less then 100 hours of play. I would define a sock pooper as someone with no life, no job, no life, that plays 60 hours/week. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just that in the absence of at least a screen shot of your character making it to level 50 in say 40 hours of play over less then two weeks, I am skeptical of your claim.
  15. Gnothappening Augur

Since I'm nowhere near antonica, I make a halfling rogue and he goes to HHK via shared bank and gets me my spells. You don't do that? That is assuming I don't start day two. If I start day two, there is a group killing orcs by the time I need the spells, in which case the halfling can just run there and get them.
    Barton likes this.
  16. Pawtato Augur

Kinda ruins the fun of the journey to HHK.
  17. Fluid Augur

They do get invisible fairly soon, but yes. I usually have a Druid I can camo and use them to pick up the spells in HHK, then just use the shared bank to transfer them to my Enchanter.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

Lol. I did my fun times going places long ago. Drunken newbie runs through kith. Once ran a level one barbarian from Halas to Freeport. That was an interesting trip.
  19. Zansobar Augur

If you're trying to solo level on a TLP server you're doing it wrong.
  20. Basak Augur

Lol, what? I was never blacklisted. I probably went an hour or two at most before I got a group.