IS Boxer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesc Old Soul

I have heard differing answers on whether it is ok to use this program. Some say yes others say no. I am pretty sure it is ok to use, just wanted to make sure of it before i download it.
    Thanx
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's allowed on all but the Truebox servers. Devs long ago explicitly said it was allowed.
    Prepared likes this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

Use Metanis as a referrel code and we'll both get free days!
  4. kizant Augur

It's only used by bad people. :(
    Sancus, yepmetoo and Metanis like this.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

As with any 3rd party software, the risk is not zero.
    minimind and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

I love being able to see all 6 of my characters simultaneously on just 2 monitors. And if that wasn't good enough it allows my eqclient.ini files to be virtualized so I can run them all from one EQ folder but still have custom INI settings on each account. And perhaps most importantly I love the "emulated full screen" mode which allows me to effortlessly switch between EQ sessions and other programs like my web browser where I use EQResource, EQTraders, and Allahkhazam to research. (Do the use of those 3rd party "programs" make me a bad person?)

None of these things should require a 3rd party program to achieve but that's where we are some 21 years into EQ's life. Sony/Verant/DBG/DPG could have put I-S-B-o-x-e-r out of business many years ago but they don't seem to want to offer these features to their players.

So yes, I'm a bad person for wanting to enhance my EQ experience.

(Hate me more because I use GINA very extensively too!)
  7. Duder Augur

8. Whulfgar Augur

There is literally a guy (Tuco) who posts video's of himself playing EQ utilizing I S B O X E R .. here on these very forums..

And he is not banned / booted / punished in the least ..

If that does not prove that I S B O X E R is ok.. I dunno what will..
    lockjaws and Prepared like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depends if it is classed as botting, botting is against the rules and is classed as cheating, they can decide to uphold their own rules at any time. Personally I don't think it is worth the risk.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US
    Kurage_of_Luclin and minimind like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

People ask me about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and I refer them to Fanra's page on it https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Utilities Which has Daybreak quotes.

And then I say while I think it is okay to use that each person has to make their own decision because you never know what could happen.
    Fanra likes this.
  11. svann Augur

Bots means characters play themselves without any player at the keys.

I guess if you get vague enough with the definitions you can classify mouse software as 3rd party software. OMG
  12. Tuco Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tucos-setup-critique-welcome.240258/

I use inner space boxer, Gamparse and GINA heavily, to my knowledge nobody has ever gotten banned for using those.

I've never played TLP but am about to do my first TLP on Aradune where inner space boxer isn't relevant because of Truebox. The "replacement" for it is Multiplicity which is just a network-based KVM and doesn't have key broadcast features like inner space boxer, but does have the ability for you to click into and control your character. I have a Logitech G13 hooked up to my new laptop that I can use to send key strokes to my box while controlling my primary character. Maybe I should make a video of my TLP setup? Dunno if anyone cares, it's pretty basic.

From my perspective the only things that will get you banned is AFK-killing or packet-spoofing (ex: warping).
  13. Mesc Old Soul

Thanks for the answers all!
  14. Mesc Old Soul

That is quite the setup you have Tuco. I like all the monitors
    Tuco likes this.
  15. fortuneteller Augur

And where did they say that ? As far I know, it is not allowed.
  16. Cadira Augur

Is does not allow you to automatically kill. You have to be physically pressing the keys. It just allows you to broadcast keys from one screen and some other nifty things like viewing other chars from your main screen. So in dpg terms is perfectly legal.

I make heavy usage of it, and admittedly my knowledge of the full extent of what you can do is limited but I know you can't do illegal stuff with it. Anyone claiming the baseless blanket statement of "you never know so be cautions" etc is full of $h!t., Don't worry. Atleast on live servers, I know nothing about true box rulesets.
    Prepared likes this.
  17. Palamar New Member

I use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. I box three to four characters. I use the key broadcasting and “picture in picture” where you can have a snippet of your other character windows in your main window and click through. These features do not feel like automation. It takes a lot of setup with macros and keybindings and such, but everything your characters do still requires you to push buttons.

I will say, I’m fairly new to the game and hopefully the devs realize people like me probably have no chance of sticking around on live servers without boxing. And since [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] makes boxing a much more enjoyable experience than alt tabbing, it seems tthey are more incentivized to not ban people for it. Honestly, if I could regularly find a dang group with one at my level, id more than happily cut the $15 [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] cost (but also probably my second gold sub) and play the game with one toon. Unfortunately that’s not reality so I try to make boxing more feasible.

And I get that they do the TLPs for the nostalgia and community experience, and I really enjoy the TLPs, I just would just also like to experience the content on live.
    lockjaws likes this.
  18. Laronk Augur

Show us on the doll where the bad software touched you
    lockjaws, Shanarias, Metanis and 4 others like this.
  19. Tuco Augur

Kizant is kidding, he's a huge macro quest 2 user.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Drpeppa Journeyman

What's key broadcasting?
    Metanis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.