My Money My Voice

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by baer17, May 13, 2020.

1. Klaim240 New Member

I dunno why everyone thinks Ldon is a population killer. *eyeroll* no one ever puts two and two together and realizes that when TLP servers hit LDoN they are usually releasing fresh new tlp to join. The 1 year cycle.
  2. Laok Journeyman

It's a TLP killer because it effectively means ANOTHER 3 months of PoP. Not everybody enjoys the grind of LDoN when they know that Gates is right around the corner. Give us a month in PoP to get it on farm status, and then drop LDoN for the last 2 months of PoP and Bob's your father's brother.

But then why would they do that when they know a lot of people will be hating their EQ life and are primed to jump at the chance of yet another new TLP, where the sheep will be spending $40 on bags and God knows how much for mounts, potions, race changes, illusions, hero's forge, so on and so forth.
    baer17 and Kutsuu like this.
  3. sumnayin Augur

Coirnav and Mangler both released months before their respective predecessors hit LDoN. Other than them, no TLP came even close to being released with/near LDoN on a TLP.

Looked it up, PoP released on Agnarr a month after Coirnav released. LDoN was 7 months after Coirnav.

LDoN released on Coirnav 2 months after Mangler opened. These are not even close to the same time a new TLP is releasing.
  4. Uesce Journeyman

This is the silliest thing I have read on this forum lol
    Accipiter and code-zero like this.
  5. Kutsuu Augur

They call LDoN the population killer b/c that's the "xpac" - but since it has such minimal content, it's really the 6 months of planes of power that is the population killer. PoP is a good xpac, but raiding PoP for 6 months gets old.
  6. baer17 New Member

Yeah I admit fault on Phinny, I was under the impression there was only a few guilds that were clearing current content around GoD expansion. The guild I was in dissolved which contained several RL friends, then I got into a few other guilds that I didn't enjoy as much and left. At this point though we are coming up on TSS and forward which I never got to experience so I REALLY don't want Corinav to fail. MIM, TFC, EoE, and maybe one other seem to be the only guilds left that can clear current content though, and TFC and EoE have a very small percent of players I really cant stand from classic training or DPS racing.
    Kutsuu likes this.
  7. Kutsuu Augur

Personally I've found that pretty much any competent raiding guild that can get through content and not drive me crazy with lack of organization is going to have a handful of people I don't like. I just mute them and ignore them. The important part is that I can tolerate the leadership and I can find a few friends to clique with for progression content and expansion launch leveling. I used to really stress over "reputation" and knowing someone in my guild griefs others gives me a bad name or something, but I've come to realize that's untrue. The very few people who shun me for my guild name end up being friendly with me because I show through my actions that I'm not like they assume.

I guess the reason I'm saying all this is because you might find that you can still enjoy being in one of those guilds while not interacting with the people you don't like. I know when I first joined OGC on Phinny, I had only heard them demonized in general chat and was nervous I wouldn't like anyone. Turns out 99% of them are awesome people and the way the leadership runs raids is more enjoyable to me than any EQ guild I've ever raided with.
    baer17 likes this.