Can a family of 4 play on Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mauvareen, May 13, 2020.

1. Kiddd New Member

I'm glad you took the time in the Aradune post to let us know this. Care to add anything about being vegan or joining Crossfit?
    Aenvar, Minpire and Foaming like this.
  2. Vetis Augur

I guess my response will be the example was from P99 and how they enforce theirs. I don't remember saying "This is exactly how DBG is going to do it." I'm not worried about the millions of excuses people are going to have for why they are not boxing beyond the limit. However, I have no doubt it will be obvious when people are violating it and you will eat your consequences.

It's not really a concern for those of us who intend to play within the expectations of the rulesets so you don't really see me asking about it. I think anyone who is inquiring about it probably as ulterior motives.

I know this community so I better say "I know not everyone". But the majority of people asking are looking for loop holes and I genuinely hope the GM's enforce this ruleset to the best of their abilities and those in violation get decimated by the enforcement.

While I have very little expectations for success the fact is whether they do or do not has never really bothered me personally but I know there will at least be some show of force and it should be entertaining.
  3. Lostintranslation New Member

This is truly amazing!
  4. Blastoff Augur

This really isn't a complicated issue. If it's 4 people playing 4 toons no one will be any the wiser and you'll be perfectly fine. I seriously doubt DPG will be doing any kind of IP detection beyond the standard truebox enforcement used on truebox servers.
  5. Leifer Augur

I'm not saying the OP isn't telling the truth.. but in this day and age, its just about impossible for a family of 4 to do anything together. With several T.V.s, phones, laptops and desktops in the home, I can't think of a time where more than 2 of us were even watching the same TV show together, much less interacting in a video game together. If you really have 4 members of your family in the same household playing EQ all at once, your family rocks!
  6. code-zero Augur

Short answer, play on Rizlona. If the dynamics are lot many families one person may occasionally find themselves tending to all 4 sessions and there's a real chance that this sort of thing may be noticed over time and result in something bad
  7. Runes Augur

How did this thread getting longer than the 2 posts it needed for OP to understand? We really need the servers to launch sooner than 5/27

:::Boggle::
  8. Xaelon New Member

I liked the idea if they catch you boxing more than 2 they auto send you to Rizlona. Keep that cash and keep Aradune clean of the plague.
  9. Machen New Member

It can be done, parents just need to lay down the law. At our house, family game night is not optional.
  10. aindriuc Elder

Let's face it! Everquest is an old folks niche game. There are better games on the market for the younger audience. I seriously doubt you could get a teenager playing with mummy and daddy on the internet. That would be kinda creepy actually and go against all social conventions....

Imagine firing up EQ in 2001 only to have mummy log in simultaneously to moderate the content? It's kinda cringey. Now if you were to load up your game to have Daddy load up his 115 raid geared beastlord to throw some buffs to level up. Now that would be kinda cool.

Family everquest time? Creepy for sure.
    Boxer looking to break the rules? More plausible.
    Kanuvan likes this.
  11. Crazzie Lorekeeper

Its very, very rare for a family of 4 to be playing together..
    Kanuvan likes this.
  12. Sikkun Augur

More or less cringe than having you 7 year old screaming and dropping Fbombs on Twitch because they got killed on Fortnite?